View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 65  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 12/20/09 

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 11/29/09
Samohan25 wrote:
I know this has probably been brought to attention
You should probably stop typing if you have thought this.

Exalion wrote:
The electroshock feature IS NOT WORKING.
Double-tap left or right and hit the melee button. Works for me and everyone else. The timing for the taps is fairly lenient too.

411570N3 wrote:
You might also try having it jump in the direction you aim regardless of whether or not you're wall clinging.
I originally had it like this, but I wanted to make something in-line with more typical 2D platformer controls. And I think a lot of complaints are coming from the fact that people aren't following instructions.

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
I don't think it's necessary to have unequipped special Onis. We could just order a regular Oni if we had other guns in mind.
Except that individually equipped Oni can only use one of the weapons. And before anyone complains about that, it's so one Oni isn't using a gatling gun, a grenade machine gun, and a cryo gun all at once.

Areku wrote:
Hrmm... Looking at it now, it seems to me that they all look a bit too much alike. Maybe add some small details to make them more unique? You could also try making the laser guns multi-framed, just to add some glow when they fire.
Negative on the extra frames. I can't really justify a laser gun glowing for no reason. Hell, I can hardly justify the laser beams themselves glowing or making noise.

Geti wrote:
Your image is 404ing for me.
Uh... which one?

Geti wrote:
For the grappling, you could try using SetMOToNotHit
I did. It doesn't really pan out.

Geti wrote:
If you can make the yurei feel more sneaky and quick, that would be awesome. A dash/grapple move that allowed you to power down corridors at the speed of invisible would be pretty neat as it's melee, but it has the feel quite nicely now. It would just be amazing to have it speeding around more.
I thought about giving them some kind of crazy flash-step ability that would consume energy when they did it, but I couldn't really figure out what exactly would allow them to flash-step into the air and stop dead-cold at the end. I also wasn't really sure how to go about coding it, with terrain interactions and all. And finally, I have no idea how it would get controlled, considering all of the controls the Yuurei already has.

... please don't give me any suggestions on that last bit, I've already decided not to do it.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile YIM

I like the mod however the lasers seem to be not very effective is that intentional?

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Sorry, I was trying to give a bit more detail but didn't know if you'd looked at it or fixed it.

Not sure about the lasers, they seem briliantly effective to me, the electro laser insta-kills most units and the weaker lasers usialy fire fast enough to compensate.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:41 pm

Samohan25 wrote:
the electro laser insta-kills most units

I should note that this usually only happens on headshot, since the electrolaser is also basically a long range laser, and inflicts three wounds. Three headwounds + massive electroshock = dead. But even a dummy can survive one shot to a limb or something, though they'll be stunned.

I might need to tone down the stunning effects a bit, I feel like they last too long.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:37 pm
Profile YIM

I'm very glad to see a new update! Even more exciting than getting a devlog!

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:18 pm
happy carebear mom

Cadwaller wrote:
Even more exciting than getting a devlog!

Data/Weasel burn. Ouch.
Not that I disagree much. Devlog is intangible, DarkStorm you can play with.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Darlos9D wrote:
Uh... which one?
Bushi one.
Darlos9D wrote:
I might need to tone down the stunning effects a bit, I feel like they last too long.
Me too, especially on the EMP 'nades. I raged when I hit myself with one on an odd rebound, my dude was flailing about at the bottom of a tunnel with the enemy peering over the ledge at him, pondering what grenade to use.
Sorry for sounding pretty incoherant last night by the way.
EDIT before I run out the door: Chaff nade had no real effects or anything when i used it, and wasnt working very well. Any chance you could cut down on the amount of mirrors let out but make them emit some smoke that sticks around quite a while, to make it seem more.. viable. Currently it just looks like a lot of billboarded sprites that do very little.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Someone said that they changed the key for melee. Can anyone tell me how exactly to do that? I don't know very much about Lua or coding in general, and I couldn't find anything that looked related to it when I looked through the scripts for the Oni and Tengu. Readmes are my friend.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Requesting a terrain-clearing thingy for the Shishi. It gets blocked up easily with whatever scrap and the targeting system becomes nonfunctional. Just a small blast to clear debris directly around the turret?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:14 am
Profile WWW

Subiw wrote:
Requesting a terrain-clearing thingy for the Shishi. It gets blocked up easily with whatever scrap and the targeting system becomes nonfunctional. Just a small blast to clear debris directly around the turret?

like a internal bomb?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:18 am

I was thinking some digger particles emitted by the 'jetpack'.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:24 am
Profile WWW

It feels the Oni's neck is made of clay, every time my Oni dies it's because a clone barely headbutts him or something and his head snaps straight off and rolls onto the floor, so the 100k I spent on him and his weapons is purely wasted just because he didn't keep his head on his shoulders.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:35 am

Shapeshifters wrote:
It feels the Oni's neck is made of clay, every time my Oni dies it's because a clone barely headbutts him or something and his head snaps straight off and rolls onto the floor, so the 100k I spent on him and his weapons is purely wasted just because he didn't keep his head on his shoulders.
Darlos9D wrote:
Christ, people would have less questions and make less repetitive comments if they'd just READ the [...] last page or two.
Been mentioned several times and has apparently already been fixed.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:41 am
Profile WWW

ZevN47 wrote:
I like the mod however the lasers seem to be not very effective is that intentional?

Intentional, this is what balanced weapons are like. The vanilla mods could learn a lot from this.
If you aim them, they tear clones apart pretty quickly.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:42 am

Exalion wrote:
If you aim them, they tear clones apart pretty quickly.
*HEADSHOTHEADSHOTHEADSHOTKASPLOOSH* very satisfying.
Using them playing concrete pit survival with a yurei or tengu hacked brain is bloody fun.
Suggestion: Mobile brain units. In essence, the brain bot but fused with a tengu or oni or yurei. Do want, without my own edits.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 65  Next