View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 12/20/09 

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 11/29/09
Darlos9D wrote:
The Oni has many of the same statistics as the heavy browncoat.
Yeah. That's your problem. The developers have said that the Browncoats weren't quite finished, and hence lack the appropriate level of durability.
Also, I especially like the tengu's nose, because now it looks a bit more like a tengu.
The nanokey could just take a long time to activate or a big spinup time.
Shapeshifters wrote:
I would wonder if you would consider adding a new shotgun, I dont know why but it feels Dark storm requires some sort of shotgun.
What would make a DarkStorm shotgun unique enough to be included?
Multiple ammo types.
You could make it a single shot break-action long barrelled shotgun that cycles through ammo types when the secondary fire button is pressed.
Also, you could possibly simplify your weapon list by making the standard pistol and assault rifle's secondary fire add the silencer if you didn't have anything planned for those weapons.
Also - idea for silenced bullets: you make the bullets HitsMOs = 1 only when within about ten pixels of an actor.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:18 am
Profile WWW

I love love love the laser effects Darlos. Amazing, with a capital ♥♥♥♥. The electrolaser made me wow.
overall, made me really happy to play with darkstorm again, though the Oni (being modeled the nerfed browncoats, which are currently coalition heavy copies :P) needs more omph.
love the grappling system though, overall an amazing update. Kickawesome work, made me say ♥♥♥♥ yeah a lot.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:19 am
Profile WWW

I think the problem with camo weapons is when swithching weapons whilst cloaked, then the weapon stays invisible. If there were a way to select no weapon rather than have every weapon blown apart in seconds.
Some of the weapons don't work at close range, the bullets pass through the target before hitting anything behind it.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 am

awesome

revolver laser is one of the best weapons in CC ever.

some bugs:

'electrical discharge' never happened? knife and grapple work, but no fancy electric stuff

stealth armour's limited timer doesn't work: invisible forever. It runs out, then recharges, and you stay invisible.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 am

I love them, but the new actors seem a bit... off. same with the turrets, however, it is generally an improvement. Good job!

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Exalion wrote:
'electrical discharge' never happened? knife and grapple work, but no fancy electric stuff
Electric knife works fine for me. It makes a nice little spark effect.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:18 pm
Profile WWW

Its supposed to paralyze like the emp grenades.

Anyway, this pack is pretty damn awesome. Aside from some minor bugs here and there the mod is much more polished and complete than the first party content. The weapons feel powerful and are satisfying to use. The are all very different and not just the same old shotgun, rifle, mg *cough*ShotgunShortgunPumpgun*cough*. The actors are well coded and sprited, once again, not just reskinned Robot 1s. This pack is easily much better than the first party stuff.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

Exalion wrote:
some bugs:

stealth armour's limited timer doesn't work: invisible forever. It runs out, then recharges, and you stay invisible.

I have the above two problems too. While the latter one is universal, it seems the former only happen to some individuals.

I have yet to be able to activate electric sparks on the stealth suit and the grapple hook on the Oni.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 pm

411570N3 wrote:
Darlos9D wrote:
The Oni has many of the same statistics as the heavy browncoat.
Yeah. That's your problem. The developers have said that the Browncoats weren't quite finished, and hence lack the appropriate level of durability.

Oh, hm. I guess I could just go ahead and make some numbers bigger.

411570N3 wrote:
Also - idea for silenced bullets: you make the bullets HitsMOs = 1 only when within about ten pixels of an actor.

This has nothing to do with why enemies look towards sources of bullets. Even if a firearm has no sound, flash, and fires nothing, as long as the trigger is pulled and there's ammo count left, enemies will turn and look at it like it lit up like fireworks. There's just no stopping it.

411570N3 wrote:
What would make a DarkStorm shotgun unique enough to be included?
Multiple ammo types.

Then I'd feel tempted to expand the multiple ammo types system. But that's something where I'd prefer people could buy different ammo types separately. Otherwise everything is just an automatic swiss army knife, and will be either overpriced or overpowered.

Exalion wrote:

It works. Double-tap left or right just before you hit the melee button. You should hear a sound and see a scattering of small blue sparks around where you hit the enemy.

It's not gonna get any fancier.

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
grapple hook on the Oni.

... the Oni has no grapple hook. It grapples with enemies. As in, picks them up with its bare hands.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile YIM

Alright, I got it. Maybe I wasn't pressing the buttons right (and I did misinterpreted the grapple thing :-( ). It works.

On a side note, why aren't the Oni pre-equipped?

And the stealth suit is quite cumbersome to move around in high terrain, like hills or forts. Would giving him a grappling hook help him out?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
I hope the shock mortar returns...

And that it is like the old one, that could be used as a super heavy impact grenade launcher.

That thing was pretty bad ass.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Cooljoesmith wrote:
I love them, but the new actors seem a bit... off. same with the turrets, however, it is generally an improvement. Good job!

I agree, I liked the tengu as a stealth unit, and the other one looks plain enough to be standard infantry. The turrets looked good, now they really, genuinely look lafetastic.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:09 pm

I realy like the way you've implimented a wall-jump, the only downside is that the jump often knocks the yuurei off it's feet, if the jump speed whilst wall jumping could be tuned down for standard size coridoors.
I can see this making an excelent comeback, it's already a household name in the forum from what I know.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:35 pm

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
On a side note, why aren't the Oni pre-equipped?
Because I was dumb. Next update will have both pre-equipped and unequipped versions (in case you already have a gun lying around).

Flammablezombie wrote:
I agree, I liked the tengu as a stealth unit, and the other one looks plain enough to be standard infantry. The turrets looked good, now they really, genuinely look lafetastic.
Tengu's godly mobility PLUS stealth was just a tad too much. I'm keeping them as separate actors. Also, I'm fixing up the Yuurei's armor to look a bit more detailed in the next release. I did make it too plain looking.

Samohan25 wrote:
I realy like the way you've implimented a wall-jump, the only downside is that the jump often knocks the yuurei off it's feet, if the jump speed whilst wall jumping could be tuned down for standard size coridoors.
[/quote]I'm pretty sure I set it up so you can to the quick-tap short jump. Tap the jump button quickly. Should work on the ground and with wall kicks.

Last edited by Darlos9D on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:48 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

Darlos9D wrote:
Next update will have both pre-equipped and unequipped versions

Will they still have awesome colored edges on their armors?

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:51 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 65  Next