View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Cortex Command Mod Manager / Activities Manager [2.1] 

Cortex Command Mod Manager / Activities Manager [2.1]
Cortex Command Mod Manager / Activities Manager

The Cortex Command Mod Manager (CCMM) is a program designed to make managing mods and activities in Cortex Command much easier than normal. It can keep track of all installed mods, and enable and disable them simply by double clicking on them. Cortex Command takes a while to load all of the mods you've downloaded, if there's a ton of them all enabled, and chances are most won't be used in a single playsession. The Mod Manager fixes that.

It can also change the enemy spawn in skirmish mode, commonly referred to as the Activities Manager. If you've ever tired of fighting the same guys over and over again, then this is the answer. Support for using other mods as enemies is included, so such things as Space Marines vs Orkz are possible!

Features
  • Easily change what mods are active at any time.
  • Edit skirmish money and enemy respawn times.
  • Change what enemies appear in skirmish.
  • Use any mod in skirmish.

Mod Manager:

Skirmish Settings
Easily say how much money each player gets initially in skirmish mode, and tune the rate that the enemies spawn. Don't have to go and edit Activities.ini yourself, just type in a number and you're good!

Skirmish Enemies
Easily see and change the enemy spawns that appear in skirmish mode. Want only one rocket to fall, 10 dummys inside, all with Annihiliators? Easy! Want a DarkStorm troop to appear with a DSTech Rifle in an AAL ship? Easy!

Download Latest Version: 2.01
Before you download, make sure you have the .NET framework 3.5 or greater installed. It can be downloaded here. The program will crash without it. It should already be installed on Windows Vista and Windows 7, and I'm fairly sure it's installed with a service pack (3) on windows XP. If the program immediately crashes, this is the first thing I would look at.

Download CCMM

If you are unable to get .NET 3.5, but are able to get 3.0, you can download CCMM1.6, which works on .NET 3.0.

Installation
It doesn't matter where you extract the folder. A good place could be <your CC directory>/Cortex Command Mod Manager, but the program should detect the CC installation. You could install it to C:\Windows\System32\Cortex Command Mod Manager if you wanted.

Source Latest Version: 2.0
Click Here to download the latest source for the Mod Manager. It is running correctly in Visual Studio 2008. The free Visual C# Express 2010 should be able to compile it without problem. I don't care what you do with this, as long as you don't say you made the whole thing, because you'd be lying.

Note to Mac users and those who can't get .NET
If you're on a mac, use this. CCMM is coded in WPF, which is a relatively new technology, and I'm not going to convert it to windows forms because you can't get .NET. Get with the times.

Credits
CaveCricket48 - Icons for the skirmish items

Finally
I'm not asking for donations or anything like that. I made this in a weekend and I want to share it with everyone. I couldn't play CC without it now. Thanks for all of your support and testing of this program.

Last edited by SneakyMax on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:01 am, edited 42 times in total.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 am

Post Re: Cortex Command Mod Manager
Looks nice. I'm going to test this out.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Finally, my prayers are answered. Thanks bunches.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

This will probably replace the old mod manager I was using. Love being able to change the enemies.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:15 pm

Very useful. I like how module names are used if they exist in place of .rte name, but the module icons don't always show up.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:30 pm

I have the .NET Framework installed, but I can't get it to run. I launch it, then it gives this error message: System.NullReferenceException: Object not set to an instance of an object.

And then a ton of other stuff.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:39 pm
DRLGrump

I like it. Good to see people doing nifty things.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:48 pm

This will stop new people from making new threads EVERY TIME to ask how to change enemy spawn, GJ.

And yes, this is awesome.

Edit: or so i thought, i cant get this to work.
i must read through your post again.

Last edited by dragonxp on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 pm
happy carebear mom

dragonxp wrote:
This will stop new people from making new threads EVERY TIME to ask how to change enemy spawn

Nope. It'll just make it so we can point them here and forget about it.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Topic should read "Cortex Command Mod/Activities Manager".

Quite a nifty thing you got there. Much better than the other ones we've had.
I'd use it if I didn't load CC in 2 seconds, lol.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:23 pm

If the icon dosen't show, the mod might be using a different filename than moduleicon, that is if the program looks for that rather that the actual path.

Other than that, this looks awesome, could you use drop-down lists for activity defining? And would you be able to access the mods to read new units or would a .txt with the names and types need to be pre-made?

EDIT: By the way, anyone with CC in their program files on Vista/Win 7 could have problems due to it blocking access.
I don't quite understand the "CopyOf" part of the unit entering, is that the actor's base or the craft it's in?

Last edited by Samohan25 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:25 pm

True enough, btw how do i fix this?

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:32 pm

It looks like it is looking for something defined in .NET 3.5. I was afraid of that. Somewhere it's probably calling something there. I'll look into that. In the mean time, I can only say to get .NET 3.5 and/or .NET 3.5 service pack 1.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll try to sort out a few of those things. Captain Kicktar, if you could send me the whole error, that would be helpful.

Quote:
If the icon dosen't show, the mod might be using a different filename than moduleicon, that is if the program looks for that rather that the actual path.

Other than that, this looks awesome, could you use drop-down lists for activity defining? And would you be able to access the mods to read new units or would a .txt with the names and types need to be pre-made?

EDIT: By the way, anyone with CC in their program files on Vista/Win 7 could have problems due to it blocking access.
I don't quite understand the "CopyOf" part of the unit entering, is that the actor's base or the craft it's in?

It's doing exactly that. I wasn't aware that it could be different names, but DarkStorm is a good example. Working on a fix.
I was planning on doing just that, eventually. I spend hours just trying to get the attacker TreeView working correctly (it still doesn't). I'm not too familiar with how such things as weapons and actors are defined, so I'll have to study that first, but it's definitely something I want to do.

I probably need a find a way for the CCMM to pop up one of those "request security" dialogs, but I'm not sure how to do that yet. CopyOf should be the type of item it is, Dummy, Rocket MK1, etc.

EDIT:
Turns out that I compiled the entire thing with .NET 3.5. I've recompiled it in 3.0 and re-uploaded it, so those without 3.5 can use it. If anyone gets any big errors like that, it would be helpful if you could send them to me.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Moderator Hero

This probably deserves an epic sticky. Ayes to the right?

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:22 pm

Well there should be a forum where we can post mod mangers. and aye

Last edited by hax on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 451 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next