View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shotgun w/ Manual Reloading *Update(1-15-10) Double Fire 

Post Re: Shotgun w/ Manual Reloading *Update(1-15-10) Double Fire
I've sprited something more tradestar-looking...

*death to photobucket*

Last edited by NaXx on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 pm

I was about to say, green would be fantastic for this, especially if it was menu-green, cause I don't think anything uses that specific shade. bravo.

I can only think of one way to really improve this. buckshot, solid slug, birdshot, and explosive rounds (HOUND), so that it auto-reloads with buckshot, but you could manually select (somehow) to make one of the rounds a different kind, and have it save the order they're in. it'd be 13 variables, Shell 1-12, and LoadedNumber. Shell 1-12 could be 0 - empty, 1- buckshot, 2- birdshot, 3- solid slug, 4- HOUND. Maybe a 14th variable AutoLoadType = 1,2,3, or 4. so when you reload its automatically that type, and a selected single shell would ignore autoloadtype. Also, you could have a different graphic for each ammo type so you can visually see the order they are loaded in. such as each round on the ammo counter would also check Shell1-12.

And as for how it could actually do that, it would fire a single particle that turns into whatever the ammo is that it's supposed to be, it could probably do this on function.create() [I think that's right... its been so long since I worked with lua now....]

anyway, I am stunned.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 am
Profile YIM WWW

Sounds like your technic is WAY too complicated. I was thinking if I could use the current alt-fire method to switch between ammo types, except use the AI Patrol button, and the gun can still maintain the double-fire feature since it uses the AI Gold Dig button. The rounds don't have to change after every load, but the double-fire icon could be changed to show the current ammo type.

The meter looks nice, but I was looking for something that looked less like an object and more like a holographic display or a HUD icon.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Sounds like your technic is WAY too complicated. I was thinking if I could use the current alt-fire method to switch between ammo types, except use the AI Patrol button, and the gun can still maintain the double-fire feature since it uses the AI Gold Dig button. The rounds don't have to change after every load, but the double-fire icon could be changed to show the current ammo type.

The meter looks nice, but I was looking for something that looked less like an object and more like a holographic display or a HUD icon.

well, the only reason I suggested making it register the order things are loaded in, is so that you could *tactically* arrange your ammo, since this seems to be going for realism for loading. you actually have to think about how many rounds until you get an explosive one for instance.

And as for a hologram, that's easy, Make the sprite just the outline of the box, and make the 'fill' a solid glow, at between .3 and .8 strength. this way the edge could be white, and the inner part would be a see-through color.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
And as for a hologram, that's easy, Make the sprite just the outline of the box, and make the 'fill' a solid glow, at between .3 and .8 strength. this way the edge could be white, and the inner part would be a see-through color.

I meant the spriting style.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2