View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Switch Laser - Your Repositioning Device! *Update 

Switch Laser - Your Repositioning Device! *Update
Ever wanted to be in that spot? Is it already occupied by an annoying Dummy? Well, you've come to the right place. With the power of the Switch laser, you can instantly swap the position of you and your target!

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

What about that pesky crowd of Dummies blocking your way? Sure, you can just switch through them, but what if you want to solve this problem permanently?

The Switch Laser is the answer!

With this amazing device, you can also create a pointer to the new position you want to warp things, and then simply beam objects to that position! It's THAT simple!

blah de blah instructions manual:
Quote:
A high-powered laser device that can change the position of objects. The laser has 2 modes. Primary Fire (activated by TAPPING the FIRE button) will emit a straight laser beam that, when it hits an object, swaps the position of the user and object. Secondary mode (Hold FIRE) will create a pointer which will continue to move until you release the FIRE key, where it will then freeze in place. While the cursor is there, any objecy you hit with the primary fire will be teleported to the cursor. Remove the cursor by holding FIRE.

Credits:
CaveCricket48 - Ini code, Lua, minor sprites
numgun - Laser sprite
Valve - Sounds from HL2
Makers of UT3 - Laser firing sound

Attachments:
Switch Laser.rte.rar [175.68 KiB]
Downloaded 860 times

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:34 am

Post Re: Switch Laser - Your Repositioning Device!
Fancy sparkle magic here... Good concept, and it plays well. I still have to check if the cursor still works when placed underground which would be bad. (ex. just send the cursor way underground, shoot at the enemy and you got yourself an insta-kill capable weapon!)

And another note... It might be just me, but the sprite looks abit sloppy, and could use slight polish if possible. (I just took off my glasses, but I can't use the computer with them because it hurts my eyes... that could be why.)

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:50 am

Post Re: Switch Laser - Your Repositioning Device! *Update
Cleaned up some bugs that were there.

What do you guys think of the mod?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:35 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It's bloody fun, that's what it is.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Makers of UT3 - Laser firing sound

Epic Games :grin: very very great mod! its best when you are playing 2player and the second player doesnt know about it, and he throws a grenade at you :grin:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:14 am

Looks like the UT3 laser rifle you made a while ago, but with red, instead of purple. Good job, anywah,.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:35 am

Really cool, reminds me of the homing missile from the tank game "Wild Metal Country", that does the same thing as this rifle. Except that the missile would hover above terrain and could go over hills and then you'd end up right next to a bunch of tanks and suicides bombers that was with the tank you teleported away and then you're screwed. Fun memories.

The laser effect look somewhat ugly though. I figure you didn't make it any more dense than it is to reduce lag, but it doesn't look like a good laser this way. You could probably improve it by making the glows larger or make the glow sprite look like random energy spark so it looks like a lightning beam. Or make the beam more dense.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]