View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Gentlemen, The Dummy Factory. 

Gentlemen, The Dummy Factory.
The authorization for the Standard Test Dummy Portable Mass Production Facility has been granted!
This facility is designed to produce Standard Test Dummies, which come fully armed with standard issue Dummy Blasters.

A breakdown of features:
-The Dummy Factory is incredibly durable and should withstand most enemy fire encountered. Regardless of what happens to the facility walls, the main factory parts will remain functional and intact.
-Comes in two styles, Dummy Orange or Traditional Concrete
-Costs 300G to purchase, and removes the need to hand deliver Dummies into the field.
-Can link to any Factory Portable Remote or to the nearest Dummy Control Terminal to unlock additional options (see below).
-A screen labeled "SPEED" displays the current speed setting of the Factory. If this is highlighted in yellow, it means the speed shown will not take effect until the current Dummy in progress has been completed.*
-A screen below the end of the conveyor displays the current number of Dummies in the queue. If this is highlighted in yellow, it means a new quantity has been selected, and will not take effect until the current Dummy in progress has been completed.*

Our state of the art production facility requires at least one of the following to operate**:
1-The construction of the Dummy Control Terminal, a computer interface system that must be operated by a unit already deployed in the field. COST: 75 Gold
AND/OR***
2-The purchase of a standard issue Factory Portable Remote. COST: 25 Gold

*Note: This feature requires a Dummy Control Terminal.
**Note: EACH Factory placed will need its own Dummy Control Terminal to unlock full features, or else it will only control the nearest one to it. Also, if you place more than one factory and only order a Factory Portable Remote, the remote will only trigger the nearest factory to the user.
***Note: We strongly recommend the construction of at least one Dummy Control Terminal, as the full features of the facility will not be available to an operator of the remote system.

The Dummy Control Terminal
The Dummy Control Terminal requires any unit to walk up to the terminal and activate it with the [CROUCH] key. Doing so will start up the console and occupy the user as long as it is active. After a short initialization process the control terminal will start a full 6-button interface menu.

To navigate the menu, use the following keys:
UP = [JUMP]
DOWN = [CROUCH]
LEFT = [LEFT]
RIGHT = [RIGHT]

The menu options are as follows:
Image Image Image
The top row of options, the [1] key, [2] key, and [3] key, are used to quickly authorize the factory to produce 1, 2, or 3 standard dummies at the selected speed. It will place this many Dummies into the production queue. After this number has been produced, operation of the factory ceases until resumed with another command.
The first bottom row option is a toggle option to engage or disengage the factory.
The second bottom row option terminates operation of the Control Terminal, and exits the user out of the menu.
The final bottom row option is the speed selector setting. The factory has 3 speed settings. Normal, Double, and Loop.****

An additional feature can be enabled that allows you to direct completed Dummies to a specified point, including pinpointing other units on the field. To engage this feature, simply use the [GO-TO] AI mode of the Terminal user and specify a point.*****

Also, Dummies produced will deduct the standard amount of funds required to purchase a Dummy armed with a Blaster (80G+70G). This amount will be taken out once the Dummy is completed. Should you have insufficient funds to cover the production of an additional Dummy, the Terminal will notify you with an ERROR, will instruct you to mine nearby gold for additional funds so that production can continue, and proceed to shut down. Once proper funding has been restored, you may reactivate the console normally and restart the factory.

****Note: The Loop setting will only operate at a Normal speed for safety precautions. For constant use of Double speed, you will need to repeatedly specify a quantity using the [1], [2], or [3] keys for dummies to be made at that speed.
*****Note: Do this BEFORE turning on a Terminal to ensure all completed Dummies follow this order. Specifying a point after the Console is active will not guarantee that all Dummies will go to the specified point.

KNOWN ISSUES:

VERSION HISTORY:
02-09-10: Initial Release!

FUTURE PLANS/IDEAS:
-Extra cool sounds (though there are many already)
-Selectable Weapon for produced Dummies
-Deploy-able Remote out of Terminal Console
-Optimization of Factory walls, etc.
-Proper background for Alternate (Concrete) Factory style.

CREDITS:
LowestFormOfWit: Initial Idea, Concept, All spritework, Ini and sparse Lua tweaking, Project guidance, etc.
Kyred: ALL Lua, implementation of all sounds, scripts, etc. He created multiple scripts all with TONS of code and very amazing work for an in game menu. He should be highly praised as the internal organ of this project.
Grif: Additional Lua input and critique of early alphas/betas of the factory.
TLB: Same as above.
capnbubs: The beautiful console sprite from First Signs that I recolored for this terminal.

This project is the result of a ton of hard work over the course of months. Please do not shamelessly steal any part of it. If you wish to use it in a mission, simply ask and unless there's a good reason not to we will accept. Any bugs may be posted in this thread and we will add them to the Known Issues list.

There is also a hidden easter egg hidden in the Terminal that you'll be sure to run into eventually, but we've supplied what you need to 'discover' it. :grin:

We also hope this will bring a bit of mission-style gameplay to your common Skirmishes, and hope you all like the work we've done. Enjoy!

Attachments:
File comment: V1.00 - Initial Release. (OLD)
DummyFactory.rte.rar [1.83 MiB]
Downloaded 9193 times
File comment: V1.10b - Compatibility Update with the B26 Compatibility Update. (NEWEST!)
DummyFactory.rte.rar [1.83 MiB]
Downloaded 8337 times

Last edited by LowestFormOfWit on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:47 am, edited 9 times in total.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Post Re: Gentlemen, The Dummy Factory.
This is considerably amazing! At 300g it's a bit of a steal though, especially since it's potentially infinite dummies. Amazing potential for Skirmish maps.
I'm so happy you made this, fantastic work!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:33 pm

This is the LFOW quality I know!

*manly tears have been shed*

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

What the...i don't even...testing now.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I love you

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

<3 this.

It's fun to play with multiple players with this as a site to defend while others attack.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:23 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Can't find the download link. May i know where it is?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

I took it down for just a few minutes. A couple stupid things I overlooked. I'm putting it back up soon. Everyone will want to redownload this version.

EDIT: Ok, have at it. Just removed a dummy that was in there for testing and smoothed out a rogue frame of animation causing a slight jump when the Dummy on the conveyor gets his head.

Last edited by LowestFormOfWit on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Quote:
Can't find the download link. May i know where it is?

I can't find the download link either :(

Edit: never mind

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Tänk juu! Ai vill appresieit tät.

English for finnish rally drivers.

If we don't know what you said we can't police it. Warned - p3lb0x

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Natti wrote:
Tänk juu! Ai vill appresieit tät.
If we don't know what you said we can't police it. Warned - p3lb0x

It clearly says 'Thank you! I will appreciate that'.
Thanks for being ♥♥♥♥ blind. :)
You know the rules, and so do I -Duh

Anyway, i've waited to see this for very long time, and now I finally can.

Tell me LFoW, what motivated you to actually finishing this mod? Just curious.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

the point is that it isn't actually finnish but... finglish? like if I wrote zat ist verry nice basically, sure it's not english but it's not warn-able.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 pm
Forum Moderator

Why? It's not even a phonetic spelling. How as I supposed to read that?

Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Had to change to my little laptop for maintenance purposes and i discovered something: The dummy factory does not make dummies on it.

EDIT: How does the recovery cd work? I DEMAND A MANUAL!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Dummy Factory versus Growth Pod: Who will win?!

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next