View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 TF Grappling Gun *Update (5-18-10) Smoother Swinging + Guide 

Post Re: Claw Shot and Hook Shot: Terrain Grappling Guns
I think it would be cool if you could by a fairy that "revives" yo when you die :P

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

I have a Zelda mod on hold right now, but I plan to have a fairy in a bottle. I am currently typing up a CC Lua tutorial for the Lua illiterate.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:05 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
I am currently typing up a CC Lua tutorial for the Lua illiterate.

This, i want this.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Post Re: TF Grappling Gun
Update. This is now called the TF Grappling Gun (I'll explain the name later) and comes with 2 modes:
Normal grappling gun mode and spring mode.

Normal mode is like the claw shot, and spring mode quickly pulls you towards the claw. Switch modes by opening the Pie Menu and selecting the AI Gold Dig mode. The switch script on these is completely redone, so tell me how well it works for you (lag, glitches).

Normal Mode:

Spring Mode:

This is called "TF Grappling Gun" because it was originally intended to have 3 modes (Triple Function Grappling Gun) but the third mode is still being worked on.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Seriously this mod is a like a dream come true. Using this tool like some badass spec ops gadget to lower down your unit with a gun and shoot people while being attached to a rope and then go back up is really great fun.

Althought can you put a function that if I'm hanging on the rope with another weapon, I could tap the crouch button 5 times(or something like that, just make sure you cant do it by accident) really fast I could cut the rope instantly and drop without the need to switch back to the grapling gun?

Also is it just me or does the mode change not work for me? I kept hitting the gold-dig but nothing happened. It just kept being the same without changing.

Btw can you make rope gun that can attach to any object you shoot at and create a rope bond between you and the other object? You could use it as a towing rope to lower a unit down a cliff by another one, tow an item/gun behind you, hitch a ride on a craft by an attached rope, drag an enemy by attaching to rope and running away and many more uses. It could function in this manner:

You shoot at something, be it terrain or a unit, it will create a bond between you and the target. When the rope attached someone, it establishes a certain max lenght that will be the threshold for the rope when it actually starts pulling the object or you (who ever is heavier), so basically if a rope was shot at someone at a distance of 50, then the current maximum will be 50 and if either you or the target will move over the limit and go 55 distance, it will pull the one towards the other who is heavier. If the target or you go closer to each other than 50 distance, no pulling happens. Only when it goes over the distance that was established when the bond was created. This distance can be extended/retracted like on this Grappling gun with crouch + up/down. You may also launch the end of the rope that is currently attached to you into another target.

Now the important thing in this is that only the target is moved by impulse force, not the user. The user is only moved by speed. To explain this, if you latch onto another actor and you jump of a cliff, he will be pushed at you with impulse force. However, if you will latch on to a dropship, it will move you with velocity because if it were to use impulse force, you would implode because of the force generated by the dropship.
Another thing is that only the heavier target has the ability to affect the other target on the other end of the rope.

In action you use it like this:
1. You fire a sticky blob at something(item/unit or terrain)
-A rope if created between the two of you, and who ever is heavier has the power over the other unit.
2. You can press fire again to fire another blob at something(item/unit or terrain)
-The second blob is the "other end of the rope", when it hits something else than the original target it will transfer the rope bond between it and the second target. So now the two targets are stuck together and you are free again.
3. You may cancel all active bonds by tapping crouch 5 times quickly. The targets who have a rope attached to them can do the same, but with 15 taps.

(Note) If both ends of the rope are stuck on terrain, they auto-delete.

Pleeeease? : D

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I might do it.

Do you get any Lua console errors before or after switching modes?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Wierd, now I went to try again and it worked. Nevermind then, probably dummy assault mission was doing something then or the other mods I used prior to that. But it works fully now. False alarm, sorry.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Post Re: TF Grappling Gun *Update (4-23-10) Triple-Tap Releasing
Update! Switching scripts are faster and more reliable (that means it'll work in campaign missions) and now you can triple-tap crouch to release the claw.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:19 pm

what was the third function suposed to be anyway?

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:43 pm

It was going to be like a double-shot mode. You shoot a claw one way, another in the opposite direction, and then you can move to the first one or second one. The mode was going to be used to cross chasms and the like and also would let you stay in between to walls in case there wasn't a ceiling, but was too complicated.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:48 pm

like this? (i used two guns)

Attachment:
ScreenDump001.bmp
ScreenDump001.bmp [ 1.37 MiB | Viewed 4791 times ]

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:19 am

My CC does not like General.ini line 9, where you have the base particle's lifetime set to -500. Removing negation makes it work.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:57 am

It's meant to be infinite. Maybe age resets?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Lifetime = 0 makes it as permanent as .ini code can manage. Lua offers alternatives that raise the practical length of settling to infinite.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 pm

This is a great tool :shock: . whenever I use it I feel like batman or a special ops unit! My favourite combination with this is the EAF Door Buster:

-> jump in front of unsuspecting/off guard guy,
-> leave a door buster bomb,
-> use function 2 to gtfo,
==> guy rests in gibs.
-> proceed unscathed because of avoiding unnecessarily long gunfight.

Triple +AAA for double awesomeness.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next