View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Battlefield GunPack W.I.P. *UPDATE* 

Battlefield GunPack W.I.P. *UPDATE*
UPDATE!
Added one new sound.
Added shell by shell reloading on M1014.
Major re-balancing of all weapon stats.

Hello ladies and gents, I've got a little tidbit of a mod I'd enjoy sharing with you guys.
It's a small pack of somewhat balanced guns based on the Battlefield video game series. I believe that they will make a nice addition to your arsenal, and while not as exciting as Life on Mars, hopefully BF players will enjoy the added novelty of seeing "their" weapons in-game, with part of the BF feel to the weapon.
It only contains a few at the moment, but I'm hoping to add more soon, and polish them up, with maybe an actor or two.

Here's what it includes.
Most of the sprites do not represent their BF or real life counterparts accurately, creating a sort of Space Oddity. I will surely look into improving them if I have the time.
Their stats are based on the fire rate, damage, accuracy, and stopping power that they'll have in the games. However, I did spend some time whittling down a few areas of their power, so that they wouldn't totally decimate everything. Nobody likes Ashes to Ashes strewn much around in excess.

I'd like to please have some feedback so that I may improve on this. Although I am not very skilled at modding in general, I am open to suggestions, and any ideas for Changes.

Credits:
Grif - His awesome mod "Prom'sGuns" is the base of this mod, and it would not be possible without him.
David Bowie - Code editing, balancing, minor spritework.

So thanks a lot, and have fun toying around! (actors not included).

Attachments:
Battlefield.rte.rar [1.17 MiB]
Downloaded 1701 times

Last edited by David Bowie on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:33 am

Post Re: Battlefield GunPack
You used sprites that are actually already present in vanilla content. Kind of double, isn't it?
You are not David Bowie. David Bowie is awesome and original and would never make a cheap quick mod like this. /offended David Bowie fan :x

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:36 pm

You should at least mention that it's clearly a WIP in the OP.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Not to knock it or anything, since it is a WIP, but are you just renaming some guns? IIRC the ronin already have a garand as well.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Post Re: Battlefield GunPack W.I.P.
It is indeed a "cheap quickmod" as Gotcha said, but I definitely didn't go around renaming guns.
Try to see the light in this first mod of mine, can you not remember when you started out? It was difficult, wasn't it? This is a simple game to mod, and I'd love to make it a little hobby for me.

The reason everything looks to be vanilla content is because the basic structure of the mod is taken from one of Grif's creations known as "Prom'sGuns", and in that mod, the artwork is taken from Prom, the artist of Cortex Command, I believe, and they were eventually put into the actual game. When the mod was made, there were no such guns in vanilla content yet.

Last edited by David Bowie on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey if you really need some sprites just check out the sprite dump forum they might have something you need

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10287&hilit=Sprite+dump&start=210

Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 am

Just a question, are those actors your or someone else's? Cause I really dig them

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 am

Post Re: Battlefield GunPack W.I.P. *UPDATE*
They belong to my friend David Rodrigov, you can PM him about it, I believe they are in a very early stage of development, though.
I've got a minor update with gun balancing and stuff, it took quite a lot of testing, but it's a godawful small affair. Honestly, I really haven't put too much work into this, I hope to turn it into a bestselling show, with some original content. Some ideas I have for weapons are a Machete and Flashbang grenade, along with some of my favorite BF3 weapons like the M5K, 44 Magnum, and SPAS-12, and of course your generic medkit.

For the medkit, I'd like to implement a feature where you walk up right next to the actor that needs healing, and you'd press fire. Every time you press fire, it'd restore 10 or maybe 15 health, but only if you're directly next to the actor.

Last edited by David Bowie on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 am

most things are alredy in te game :-( but if you work on th sprites and make them more customize i woud give u 5 out of 5 stars (especially coz i love game baed mods)
you can also pick another game if u think its easier

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Here is the mod spotlight you asked for. x) Apologies for the late upload, i was having an annoying week last week. x3 Anyway, this mod has the potential to be a great Battlefield mod. I look forward to future updates and in which i might do another mod spotlight on it later on in the future. x)

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

Here's a short and simple preview of a little bit of the resprited guns, and two all new guns, the SPAS-12, and AKs-74u. Like it or not, this is my spriting ability, probably not the best work I can do, but it's all I have. I could pretend nothing really meant too much, but quality is something I'd really like in this pack. Every time I thought I've got a sprite made, the taste was not so sweet.

I think I may also have a source of the BF3 weapon firing and reloading sounds. I'll experiment with that. Here's the pics.
What do you people think? There's a critic waiting in the sky, inside all of you, and I need you to get 'em out for me. If any artwork wizard wants to touch these up a bit, I'd love it.

Added Bonus: Upcoming (not promised) Content List!

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 am

theres no pics, maybe they just didn't show up?
Edit: Never mind my computer was just being dumb.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 am

This is kinda like a Ronin weapons expansion pack :) I would recommend including actors so you can add a bit more of your own unique pixie dust to your mod.

Also, if you're working on weapons, update frequently!

Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:13 am

The Mod is nice, but i really dont like that they are mostly a little bit too weak (the MG mostly). But otherwise, i like it.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:33 pm

there are "better" (imo) sprites for the AK-74M and AKs-74u in my commonwealth gun pack.

I'm fine if you use those

also I have a FN MAG (aka M240B) and I'm fine if you use that as long as you credit me as well.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next