View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Yoko Littner (Updated 04.15.2010) 

Post Yoko Littner (Updated 04.15.2010)
Ladies and Gentlemen meet first mod from newbie modders team from Ukraine.

Yoko Littner

Image Image Image Image Image

Yoko

Her gun

Yoko Littner (ヨーコ・リットナー Yōko Rittonā) is one of the characters from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anime series. She is the best gunner of her village, Littner which served as an armory before the war, so she is authorized to carry most powerful weapon found on the remains of armory - electromagnetic sniper rifle.

This is the first mod from our team, and in future we plan to make whole faction. Please comment, criticize, make your suggestions, test for bugs and tell us what in your opinion we need to improve.

Special thanks to:
Data, for CC.
Gotcha! for his Unitec faction. We remade G1 Gepard skin and code to make our rifle.

Credits:
_TeraN_ - spriting and some .ini work
ZaLiZo - management and other .ini work

We'll update in small portions, but often.

Small update:
-Grenades added
-Pistol added
-Assault rifle added

Attachments:
TTGL.rte.rar [425.2 KiB]
Downloaded 649 times

Last edited by ZaLiZo on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile ICQ

Post Re: Yoko Littner
I like it but its weird. You need to make some assassins and ninjas and stuff like her but better. 9/10

Because: it needs more guns
More actors(i understand that you said you will but you need to.
Also change the rib cage gib. Its sorta obviuos its a resprite and recode but i still like it but fix ribcage gib.

Last edited by pandastar994 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:41 pm

The sprites are rad but they don't fit in with CC too well. you need a little more shading and texture in the hair and clothing (ribbing on the socks, etc), though the skin is fine. The jet/backpack has the style you need to go for. The gun sprite is fine in shape, but should really be coloured. have a look at the coalition uber cannon and the spas 1200 sprites for some nice colours.

All in all it's pretty nice for a first mod though

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

I would have to say you did a great job spriting and coding. The rifle is a wee bit overpowered, unless you consider the amount of firepower used to take down giant mechs. Of course, the rifles power and uniqueness would probably cause it to cost a tidbit more gold, but I would only change that when you compile the entire faction. Can we expect mechs, or just people?

Last edited by jeevesjaner on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Dont get me wrong its a nice first mod. Like my first mod(L4D thrown object for those who dont know.) I agree with Geti though a little more shading and the gun colors. Also please change the rib cage gib if you dont mind.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Being a BIG (I don't think that really sums her up buddy...)

I mean BIG fan of Gurren Lagann, I think this is pure awesome.

That being said, I think you did a great job on the sprites.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 am

This is Ego, also a huge fan of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I'm curious to see how you'll get a faction out of this, unless you plan to make scaled down Ganmen. You should also have a near-invincible Kamina with a huge katana...

Still, hope to see more of the same. Love what you did with Yoko's Rifle. I tested her out against all of the Giant Robos I have, including M.P.A.M's, the Behemoth, the Punisher, and The Titan. She has the power to bring them all down.

As a combat test, I used a money cheat in Tartarus, cleared the way to the Behemoth, and brought Yoko in. I jetpack over it, but its Shotgun blew one of her legs off. Landing behind it, I took aim with the rifle, shot it in the back of the neck, and was surprised when it went down in ONE SHOT.

tl;dr- Yoko is AWESOME.

EDIT: Her rifle might seem a tad overpowered, but the ability to kill Mecha is consistent with the show, and her lack of armor and general squishiness generally balances her out some.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:46 am

The Egotist wrote:
As a combat test, I used a money cheat in Tartarus, cleared the way to the Behemoth, and brought Yoko in. I jetpack over it, but its Shotgun blew one of her legs off. Landing behind it, I took aim with the rifle, shot it in the back of the neck, and was surprised when it went down in ONE SHOT.

tl;dr- Yoko is AWESOME.

I might point out that the back of the neck is -the- intentionally designed weak-point I made on the Behemoth. The durable attachable helmet covers the front and top of the head, but the back of the neck is exposed.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:26 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
The Egotist wrote:

tl;dr- Yoko is AWESOME.

I might point out that the back of the neck is -the- intentionally designed weak-point I made on the Behemoth. The durable attachable helmet covers the front and top of the head, but the back of the neck is exposed.

Well, as props to the Behemoth, which I ALSO love, Yoko's rifle can penetrate DSTech armor, as well as solid concrete and steel, but CANNOT penetrate the Behemoth's armor. I was aware of the weakpoint, which is why I aimed at it. I'm just used to neck shots damaging it, not merely dropping it, which surprised and impressed me.

I just think, while nowhere near balanced, the Yoko actor is just about perfect for her purpose (Except the rifle should cost more.) When faced by enemy armor, rather than send in your own armor, it is really fun and cool to send in Yoko, a Femme Fatale with huge "assets", and an even bigger gun.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:36 am

There will be new version soon with a bit better sprites and some minor fixes. Thank you all for your suggestions.

The Egotist wrote:
the rifle should cost more

Next version will have more balanced prices.

The Egotist wrote:
This is Ego, also a huge fan of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I'm curious to see how you'll get a faction out of this, unless you plan to make scaled down Ganmen. You should also have a near-invincible Kamina with a huge katana...

I have nothing to say about faction at this moment. It's "scale" (I mean number of features done) depends on how it will go in future. But we are planning at least to make Kamina (with a huge katana, yeah), Simon and Viral, and some weapons (It's a problem, because weapons in the series are used mostly by ganmens, and there is not a lot "special" weapons like this rifle). And if we are lucky there would be moar characters (Kittan, for example) and even some ganmens.

pandastar994 wrote:
a little more shading and the gun colors. Also please change the rib cage gib if you dont mind.

We are currently working on sprites. And we'll do something with a ribcage in nearest future.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:59 am
Profile ICQ

Holy crap Yoko!

I never thought I could see her in CC.

EDIT:
Alright, comments.

Sprites need polishing, need some gradual shades. Should use a sharper orange for the sunglasses to highlight it. Also, since it's Yoko's gun, it should come with Yoko as you hire her :)

Other(personal) suggestions:
-Make sunglasses attachable, and make her a real face?
-Make the assault rifle that she used in the first movie
-Boota?

But I think you should concentrate on the sprites first.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:31 pm

It truly is a good mod. Even if i dont know what she is or does. I like the gun but it needs better spriting,shading and other stuff like that.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:58 pm

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Also, since it's Yoko's gun, it should come with Yoko as you hire her :)

Already done
-Make sunglasses attachable, and make her a real face?

I'm going to make it later, I don't want to spend much time on minor details now
-Boota?

I don't know how to do "hamster"-version (but if smb will help...), but I decided to make shota-version instead
pandastar994 wrote:
I like the gun but it needs better spriting,shading and other stuff like that.

Already done

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:43 pm
Profile ICQ

You didn't see it happen too often explicitly, but from what I understand she can stick practically anything made of metal into her gun. It'd be neat if you could maybe have it so she could fire different things.

This would require lua though. Not sure how you feel about that.

Also a sword-wielding Kamina would be grand.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
You didn't see it happen too often explicitly, but from what I understand she can stick practically anything made of metal into her gun. It'd be neat if you could maybe have it so she could fire different things.

This would require lua though. Not sure how you feel about that.

I'd be happy to do this, but I don't know lua. But i'm going to do variants with different kinds of ammo (arrows, incidentary ammo, and so on)
Darlos9D wrote:
Also a sword-wielding Kamina would be grand.

I'm going to make him and his sword soon

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:16 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]