View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Brutality Mod 

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Post Re: Brutality Mod
I thought it was shootable.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:13 pm
Profile WWW

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
I thought it was shootable.

Code:
AddAmmo = AEmitter
   PresetName = Particle Coalition Rocket Launcher
   LifeTime = 2000
   Mass = 4
   GlobalAccScalar = 0.3
   RestThreshold = -500
   HitsMOs = 1
   GetsHitByMOs = 0

The first few lines say it all; since GetsHitByMOs = 0, it can't be hit by things, so it is not intercept-able.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Great mod, but i have a question. What i have to do to make shooted bullets visible again? Sorry for my bad english.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Excellent mod. I had a glorious last stand against a horde of dummies shredding down my coalition troops. I just had a Idea however. How about a Tartarus map for this mod?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

Can someone tell me where is file specifying type of font showing your money in left up corner?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm

I like how weak your guys are to an extent, but I'd like to point out that they ARE wearing armor. I suggest making it so they can take maybe two or three shots to the chest from a light powered weapon before there body is penetrated, and making sure head shots only count if they don't hit their helmet. Other than that great job, it's a good, serious change from CC's normal style, and I quite enjoy having a small yet simple selection of effective actors and weapons as apposed to the typical menu packed full of custom weapons that make it hard to choose which one you want. Keep up the good work!

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Just to note, my conception of what the Dummies should be is "scary as hell".

Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Buyable body-armour. It'd attach to the actor when stepped on, like the Darkstorm ammo packs. Same for things like face plates and helmets? Basically the infantry are just meat when you purchase them but you can upgrade them with armour, or additional armour. If I'm not mistaken though, bullets don't penetrate anything, they're stopped dead by whatever they hit unless it's terrain. So there needs to be some form of penetration worked in so the concept of armour fits in with the mod. The idea is that from longer distances (or lower velocity/sharpness), shots have less chance of penetration, potentially saving your actor.

There could be several actors on the buy menu with different levels of armour pre-attached at maybe a higher cost than the base actor and the vest.

Another thing would be medical supplies, but there are already other mods for that. Just need some art for the devices to fit in with the style going on here.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Give the rocket launcher an activation delay. That way it would take some time to fire it giving the soldier a chance to be shot down.

This makes me want to make my own total conversion. It's a great mod.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

This mod makes me (almost) want to bake you a plate of confectionery goodness and mail it off to your doorstep. Aside from the simplicity this grinds down to as well as the new level of difficulty that isn't adjusted by swamping myself with larger hordes of enemies or Zombots, it also cleans up the battlefield nicely. A grenade gets tossed up into an outpost in Vanilla, and I'm stuck with a couple of limbless, half dead Coalition unable to grab their rifles back and taking up space. Now a rocket explodes and I don't have to worry about tabbing through useless survivors.

The only complaint I have that hasn't been listed so far is there's no difference between the dropship and napalm bombs apart from size. As someone who just occasionally uses them, I didn't realize until just playing it then that it was the color schemes that I used to tell the two apart on the fly.

Side note: While enjoying a nice stroll through grasslands, I had a dummy ship come down over my head. After promptly aiming a mile off and firing a rocket, the ship dropped off its cargo and the surrounding dummies ripped me to shreds in a most horrific manner at point blank while I crumbled into the fetal position. It was awesome.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:03 am

This, is a great mod. Now, here's my one quip. It's the text. I know how to replace it, but then, there's text all over. I think it'd be good if you found a balance for text, like none during gameplay but keep some for the catalog and menus

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:57 am

Grif wrote:
the way he deleted the actor health text is by editing the bitmap that the game reads the font from

unforunately this same font is used for the buy menu GUI

you can't have one without the other, and there's no good workarounds

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 am

You can set charheight to something high so that the status shows up off the screen so its invisible.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:14 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
You can set charheight to something high so that the status shows up off the screen so its invisible.

Wouldn't work since then the actors will get a insane pick up range. You would be enabled to pick up a item in the enemy base from the other side of the scene

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 am

Maybe put the name of the weapon in the description? So like,

Shovel - Used to digger and/or kill foes.

I really like this though. :grin:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next