View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 The Cordyc (7th strain) 

Post Re: The Cordyc are coming... (3rd strain)
This seems nice. I see how this would be a good creature. I am going to test it. So far, it sounds nice and looks nice.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Post Re: The Cordyc are coming... (4th strain)
Bumpdate, added a bit quirky mobile brain. And oh, can anyone help me fixing the gamepad-friendly code? Displays won't appear and the actor won't transform...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:26 am
Profile YIM WWW

I think there's a bug where the brain is deleted/destroyed, the game crashes. EDIT: There is also a hilarious bug where corpses of balloon puppets just hover mid-air.

And I think the balloon puppets should have no legs, or have tentacles like the node in the place of legs. Seeing them standing and running mid-air is just silly.

Last edited by The Decaying Soldat on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:41 pm

carriontrooper wrote:
Bumpdate, added a bit quirky mobile brain. And oh, can anyone help me fixing the gamepad-friendly code? Displays won't appear and the actor won't transform...

Is this in the latest strain?
I'll take a look at it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
I think there's a bug where the brain is deleted/destroyed, the game crashes. EDIT: There is also a hilarious bug where corpses of balloon puppets just hover mid-air.

And I think the balloon puppets should have no legs, or have tentacles like the node in the place of legs. Seeing them standing and running mid-air is just silly.

OK, I'll see what I can do to fix the braincrash problem. As for the floating corpses, well, their body is still filled with gas, right? So if it dies ungibbed, it'll float. Hehehe.

I'll remove the legs and add attachable stunted legs for the floaters the next strain... also the factory brain, there will be some heavy scripting to be done... And oh, working on the sentry right now, it's an immobile version of the crawler with more fire rate. Contemplating on adding armor petal attachables.
Also on repurposing the seed pod into a kind of 'egg' for the factory brain to deliver troops from.

@petethegoat: yup, the script's all there, just commented out in the .ini.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:52 am
Profile YIM WWW

Woohoo! I've inspired someone! CarrionTrooper, again, this is one of the most creative mods I've played in a long time.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 am

Post Re: The Cordyc are coming... (5th strain)
the 5th strain is buggy, (I at least) can't transform the puppets, and the mother brain spams whatever you tell it to build until it explodes

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:20 am

like above it happend me the same, even with the brain dead, it keep spamming puppets till the game crash

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:02 am

Hmm... I can find what's wrong with the brain factory (turns out I forgot to add a stop to it, whoops) but I haven't touched the upgrade scripts since last strain... strange.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:43 am
Profile YIM WWW

Main problem; Fix the factory. On top of that, some sort of animation for production would be nice.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:47 am

its fun mod i think more transformations would be nice :) also the new factory type thing needs like a command system that makes it turn off and on it should't be hard because the dummy factory mod has a stoping system so maybe you can get some help from him i dont know but best of luck :D

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 am

I still have trouble fixing the brain factory, here's the script... I managed to put a stop to unitspamming, but now it seems like it can only make Puppets. Anyone can help me with the lua?

Attachments:
File comment: The problematique.
brainfactory.rar [1.29 KiB]
Downloaded 283 times
Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

I think unit-spamming factory is not only problem here...
When brain Signal Node dies, game crushes... Everytime...
It can easily resist giant damages, but when it dies, game slows down to 0, then crushes...
But entire mod is very cool, i like how they can easily live inside a tiberium, not dying.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 am
Profile ICQ WWW

carriontrooper wrote:
I still have trouble fixing the brain factory, here's the script... I managed to put a stop to unitspamming, but now it seems like it can only make Puppets. Anyone can help me with the lua?

It works fine for me.
Anyway, I've fixed the crash on death issue, brain swapping is weird atm, your better off spawning a brain with the factory that spawns a signal node after death, then when the signal node is created, self destructs.
http://pastebin.com/GE1qQyDd

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 am

Allright, I see the problem, mail. I'll try to fix it soon... currently trying to save Hiigara from planetary bombardment...

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next