View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 The Cordyc (7th strain) 

Post Re: The Cordyc (7th strain)
EDIT:After getting permission from omegadrace since i did edit his updated version, thanks again for him for correcting the outdated lua in this mod. I have now uploaded a zipped fixed version of the file with the edits below already applied:
Removed
EDIT2: Should have a functioning pie menu allowing you to play with a gamepad also fixed an error that spewed from the big brain:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4wlays4d8 ... th_PIE.zip

Through my experience of playing with them for like a day i have noticed two issues one little one a bit bigger and i messed around with the code and seemly fixed it.

The first was that the transformation of the crab into the sentry (the one that you press t for) its animation didn't delete after the animation was done so you had a husk left behind. i fixed that by editing the crabupgrade.lua and finding the lines: (don't put the " " its just there to help show the code)

"if self.animtimer:IsPastSimMS(self.animtime) then if MovableMan:IsParticle(self.henshin) then self.henshin.ToDelete = true;" which seemed to be set up to delete the armor crabed animations for both so i simply edited it to "if MovableMan:IsParticle(self.henshin2) then self.henshin2.ToDelete = true;"
which corresponds to the rest of the sentrys naming this indeed works and removes the husk.

Also might want to add " "self.SpawnB.AIMode = Actor.AIMODE_SENTRY;" under "new.Team = self.Team;" if you don't want the spawned crab upgrade to be in brainhunt, you would need to do this for both the armored crab and sentry

The second was the fact that the corruptor didn't seem to work as efficently as the nanolyzer or really at all which I fixed by opening the Corruptor.lua and finding the line if "SceneMan:CastStrengthRay(self.MuzzlePos, Vector(aimVec.X, aimVec.Y):RadRotate(i), 1, hitPos, 0, 166, true)" this was than changed to if "SceneMan:CastStrengthRay(self.MuzzlePos, Vector(aimVec.X, aimVec.Y):RadRotate(i), 1, hitPos, 0, 167, true)" which made the indexed material different from the nanolyzer.

You need to then open the infection.ini and find the nanogoo material and change "index = 166" to "index = 167". This has fixed the issue for me and has made the corruptor actual dig like the nanolyzer. I assume this had to do with the nanolyzer overwriting the material for 166 and as such the corruptor would only remove the nanolyzers goo and not the corruptors goo, But im not to sure since i am not experienced in lua. Other than that i've seen that occasionally the enemy will get a unit under their control which i think happens if you die while shooting near yourself or yourself but im not too sure haven't messed with it enough.

Last edited by madgamer98 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:08 am

Maybe it's a lot to ask, but can one of those kind persons that updated the mod add pie-icon for those of use who play on a gamepad! I would be really grateful! :)

Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:08 am

Funny you ask cause im currently trying to right now haha since the images are already there hope i can get it to work though since its my first time messing with a pie menu.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Welp I did it. It has a working pie menu for each actor and the brain and drop ship to create new units. So it is fully gamepad compatable :grin: also fixed an error that spewed from the big brain. Oh as a side affect of the pie the brain pie menu will cause the screen to flash red like its taking damage once each time you use it since i am using the hp as a trigger so yeah.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4wlays4d8 ... th_PIE.zip

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:21 am

Not all heroes wear capes ;)

Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10