View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 The Cordyc (7th strain) 

Post Re: (Mod Contest Entry : Biological) The Cordyc (6th strain)
I love this mod only one thing bothers me, I have to many troops!!! Could you make a unit that "eats" Cordyc and refunds you a bit of cash? (maybe they could eat doors too xD )

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Profile WWW

You know what to do... turn them into bomb puppets and go on a kamikaze spree. That is the way of the Cordyc.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

If only i could reach them, hidden behind their 1 foot doors of god-like prowess.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:24 am

carriontrooper wrote:
You know what to do... turn them into bomb puppets and go on a kamikaze spree. That is the way of the Cordyc.

But there is nothing left to blow up they land and instently join the ranks of the Cordyc :(

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sounds like you need to turn up the difficulty my friend.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Id love some kind of bunker system. Try looking at the organic modules mod, that's pretty cool. Also instead of buttons try making mutation gene packets, Its a bomb you deploy and if a Cordyc touch's it and is compatible with what the packet is it transforms it and removes the packet. It would clear up all the buttons you push and make it compatible with any control interface. Back to the modules idea, sorry for going off topic for a sec. The modules should be all fungus'y if the modules seem to hard try making a Tiberium based expanding growth that's a base thing. :???: If you want help for the expanding fungus base thing ill give you Tiberium script that's not deadly at all.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 am

ludsoe wrote:
Try looking at the organic modules mod, that's pretty cool. Also instead of buttons try making mutation gene packets, Its a bomb you deploy and if a Cordyc touch's it and is compatible with what the packet is it transforms it and removes the packet.

I think a full set of bunker module would too too much of a workload. It would be good to start with a single big module that serve as a bunker to the troops and to house the brain.

The bomb is also a neat idea. Dropships could carpet bomb these 'mutation spores' onto troops to upgrade them.

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Heh, did you guys forget that I made the Organic Bunker? Yeah, that was before .lua stuff were implemented, and I made a bunker that bled.

Anyways, I'm afraid the gene packet thingy doesn't kinda fit the 'theme' of the Cordyc, per se. I intended them to be able to transform independently of each other, and require no extra gimmick to transform (which your gene pack suggests. Sounds a lot like DarkStorm ammo pack too, so that also detracts from the original-ness). Some ways back there were some dudes who said they'd develop a gamepad-compatible transformation code for this but they didn't return...

And as for your bunker idea, currently you can't create a stable bunker without a background in the middle of the game. So that means even Lua-generated bunker pieces are a no-go. Besides, the Cordyc is inspired by the Cordyceps fungi, go google image search it. You should see some fungi growing out of dead ants. And that should be the same for the Cordyc; They grow out of the empty husks of the enemy. So you don't actually need separate bunker modules for them.

They just inhabit those left behind by the enemy, wait for their enemy reinforcements or search party to come, and overtake that one for reproduction and reources.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 am
Profile YIM WWW

:-( No body uses my ideas.....
Can you make the armored crawlers body a little bigger? It just looks strange with the huge hulking legs. Also if you load the cocoon with to much weight it becomes a butter knife and the terrain melted butter. Can you use lua to lower its sharpness when it contacts terrain.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 am

Actor terrain damage is not based around sharpness. Deepgroup and deepchecking need to be tweaked if it is digging in such a way. A very laggy computer also causes excessive terrain damage.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:27 am
Profile WWW

There's also the fact that it weighs a lot when its loaded with like 20 Cordyc and other goods like to order. Plus this glitch only happens with the pods when fully loaded. As for the lag, again I only lag when there's huge explosions or ultra actor waves.

(hint: Never play against this mod in a 3 way battle, not only there's lag from the 100 Cordyc troops but its almost impossible to survive.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Why would you load a drop pod with more than one actor anyways?

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 pm

I wanted to get a load of troops down in one load? :???: Although i regret this.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Well maybe that's why it crashed into the ground then.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Drop pods don't work too good with large numbers of actors in general. Pretty much every drop pod has this and it just means that excessive loads are impractical, as they should be.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next