View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 The Cordyc (7th strain) 

The Cordyc (7th strain)

Since it's somewhat biological season right now, I present to you a fungal infection that targets Midas as their next target...
The Cordyc.

Currently it has two actors, two brains, and a drop-pod buyable.

-Puppet: Humanoid unit that is pretty basic. Its infection gun will sow seeds that will grow on an enemy actor if said actor's health is below 20... and turns it into one of ours! one of ours! Can be upgraded into Bomb Puppets by crouching and pressing C. Upgrade into Baloon puppets by crouching and pressing V.
-Bomb Puppet: Explosive. Press B to suicide bomb. Or just let yourself get killed.
-Baloon Puppet: Floats like magic. Now has new spore weapon.
-Crawler: This is what you get if you shoot enemy crabs with your infection gun. Has a more rapid infection gun, and is agile. Upgrade into Armored Crawler by pressing R. Upgrade into Sentry by pressing T.
-Armored Crawler: Oyeah.
-Sentry: A turret that shoots out spikes that drains enemy's health and turns them into ONE OF US, as well as repulsing the actors away a bit.
-Signal Node: Mobile brain unit.
-Progenitor Node: Factory brain unit.
-Mobile Progenitor Node: Dropship factory unit, that is, it's a dropship which spawns Puppets or Crawlers into its holds. Still needs some tweaking to make it drop when both of its balloons pop. Anyone wanna help me with its script?

Keep in mind that everytime you successfully spawned a Cordyc actor via infection, you gain some gold. And everytime you upgrade, you lose some gold.

I still have trouble implementing the gamepad-friendly code, and for now I've separated it into their own lua file (commented out in the .ini). The problem is, when I use that code and put said actor in question in gold dig mode, the display didn't appear and it won't transform. Anyone willing to bugfix?
Welp, tried making custom pie slices, but they won't work. Foreverkeyboard.jpg

Thanks to CC48, none, Darlos, and DRLFF at large!

Attachments:
File comment: Seventh Strain
Cordyc.rte.rar [1.17 MiB]
Downloaded 6485 times

Last edited by carriontrooper on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: The Cordyc are coming... (WIP/releaseable)
pictures are a requirement per forum rules

you've got twenty four hours

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:12 am

I like this so far, it's like a zombie that can infect at range. The gun tends to kill actors before it infects them, though. Also, I think the crab-infected would look better with long, thin legs and stands tall.

When I first transformed into the Bomb Puppet, I was thinking "how different is this?" Then I got killed. Any sci-fi explanation on why the fungis creature burst into flames?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:16 am

Errr,getting gold by getting a unit via infection??Random millionaire wanting this thingy to prosper by making illegal bank transfers?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:18 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Any sci-fi explanation on why the fungis creature burst into flames?

Flammable hydrocarbon gel + hydrocarbon gases stored in bubbles + some kind of reagent = boomdeyada.
All of those things could theoretically be grown or produced by a biological being.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:23 am
Profile YIM WWW

i suggest you change the weapon for a poison seed, with a solid spike like secondary weapon

so far they look cool and yeah can resist the tiberium, keep going with this

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:36 am

Tokochiro wrote:
Errr,getting gold by getting a unit via infection??Random millionaire wanting this thingy to prosper by making illegal bank transfers?

Well, if you're using this faction, think of the Gold as Resources, yeah?
They break down the enemy's body into resources, some of them used to make the new unit, and some of them goes into the resource pool.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:39 am
Profile YIM WWW

Grif wrote:
pictures are a requirement per forum rules

you've got twenty four hours

If i may be of assistance:

Puppet:

Drop Cocoon

Seed Pod

Crawler:

Don't worry, they were all housed in stasis tubes to keep them from spreading. I still want to enjoy my skirmish.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:58 am

First thing that I'd like to say, is that this mod is awesome. I love the transformations, and I'd love to see more options.

For example, I think a "Down+F" one, with a gas propulsion jetpack would be extremely useful. A heavy puppet, with an auto weapon like the crawler would be cool, too.

Now the complaints. You might want to weaken the impulse burst from the shots, because splattering their heads before you can convert them is no good.

Also, the bomb-puppet's fire wave always goes to the right. I'm pretty sure that wasn't intentional.

Still a really great mod though.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 am

Dragon, how do you get your life thing to be blue? :oops: I feel like a noob, it's probably just changing the sprite colour huh?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 am

Bumpdate! The crawler can be upgraded now!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 am
Profile YIM WWW

Hooo nely, cool down the warp speed that armored crawler has! Also not recommended making the fungus guy explode into a big ball of flame, Lags horribly. Other than that, Awesome faction.. Im liking it.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 am

Well done! Even with only 2 actors, I'm starting to love this mod. I am hoping to see more of it :)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:26 am

Coops9753 wrote:
Hooo nely, cool down the warp speed that armored crawler has! Also not recommended making the fungus guy explode into a big ball of flame, Lags horribly. Other than that, Awesome faction.. Im liking it.

Whoops, I guess I'll be tweaking the gibs on that one, too much flames methink. I'll add some Grenade Fragment for added door-breaching properties (but it'll lag a bit).

Any more suggestions? I plan for a turret that's upgradeable from the crawler in the future. Maybe also a floating actor...

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 am
Profile YIM WWW

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said, but perhaps the bomb puppet should explode in a less firey way?
Like, with acid or something?

Also, I love the upgrading, but it wants a nicer interface, for gamepad users as well. Something like press AI gold dig, and it brings up a little menu where you choose what to upgrade into.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next