View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Smooth Slow Motion 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Smooth Slow Motion
Or just replace the weapons themselves, thought that'd probably take a lot of work.

But damn this is fun -.-

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 am

Bah.
Any AirResistance'd weapon I want to use with this mod I'll change myself, anyway. For example the Darkstorm silenced pistol, so I can appear in the middle of a group of enemies, headshot them all but one to death before running out of bullets and then lunging to knife the last one.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:17 am
Profile WWW

Like someone earlier said, if you accidentally close CC, or do anything that could interrupt the
scene's activity, CC will permanently write that slow-mo setting to the DeltaTime var in your Settings.ini.

That's why it would be best if this were hard-coded into the scene, because we have access to when the
scene is Stopping or Pausing, and we can undo the effects there.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Very nice. Bad thing is sharp-aim is hard in slowmo, and it takes ages to fire single-shot guns like the Rail Pistol. And the air resistance thing, rendering lots of coalition guns unusable.

I sound really negative...
It is really good. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Really fun ramming a coalition meatbag into dropship engines in slowmo.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:21 pm

This is pretty amazing but the one problem I seem to be having is that like Barnox said, it is rather slow.

If it was a bit faster, than it probably could actually be a tactical advantage.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Holy ♥♥♥♥. :D

This mod is like a dream come true. I remember doing a request for it in the forum, but was too busy with other projects to do that. And now you did it. Thanks man!

Can you make a version that completely freezes time? Pleeeease?
The purpose of this version would give the player the ability to do things like:
-Check the whole battlefield whats going on.
-Set AI modes, GoTo waypoints, make a unit start a manual reload ect...
-Create and manage order presets without hurry.
-Buy and set landing points for stuff with no rush at all.

In addition, it could say "PAUSED" at the top of the screen when its active.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 pm

numgun wrote:
Holy ♥♥♥♥. :D

This mod is like a dream come true. I remember doing a request for it in the forum, but was too busy with other projects to do that. And now you did it. Thanks man!

Can you make a version that completely freezes time? Pleeeease?
The purpose of this version would give the player the ability to do things like:
-Check the whole battlefield whats going on.
-Set AI modes, GoTo waypoints, make a unit start a manual reload ect...
-Create and manage order presets without hurry.
-Buy and set landing points for stuff with no rush at all.

In addition, it could say "PAUSED" at the top of the screen when its active.

Epic moments could be more easily seen.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

@numgun: This actually originally came from an attempt to make a V.A.T.S. system for CC. The reason I never went through with that is the way that impulses are calculated - they aren't scaled to delta time. The effect isn't too noticeable in this mod (1/20th of normal delta time), but to achieve a near-standstill takes 1/10000th of normal delta time from what my testing showed. At that point, it means impulses are calculated at 10000 times their normal value. Thus, if you pause time just as an actor fires its weapon, the actor will explode violently. I did everything I could to rectify it, but in the end, it's just not viable - there's not way to clear the impulses fully, and it happens so often that stopping time would be virtually useless. However, if you want to try playing around with how slow things get, open up the scripts in Slomo.rte. Attach.lua and Brain.lua both have a value for the lowest delta time multiplier. Make that a lower number and time goes slower. If you can find a happy medium number that's close enough to stopping time without the negative effects, you'll have exactly the mod you want.

LeonXross wrote:
This is pretty amazing but the one problem I seem to be having is that like Barnox said, it is rather slow.

If it was a bit faster, than it probably could actually be a tactical advantage.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do about that. I may be able to fix the issue Barnox mentioned about aiming in slow motion, however.

zalo wrote:
That's why it would be best if this were hard-coded into the scene, because we have access to when the
scene is Stopping or Pausing, and we can undo the effects there.

Yeah, it would be safer that way. I figured it was probably a worthwhile tradeoff to let people use this in different levels, but trust them not to close the game while slow motion is enabled.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

So the modified impulse is the reason why occasionally, if I'm flying overhead and activate BULLETTIME! (call it that instead because it sounds more retarded and less dignified; remember the exclamation-point) so I can accurately headshot with my Akimbo Mac10s, actors will rise a few in-game feet off the ground?

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:22 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

That's probably part of the reason, yeah. It's also why sometimes weapons have huge recoil in slow motion.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 pm
Profile WWW

TheLastBanana wrote:
That's probably part of the reason, yeah. It's also why sometimes weapons have huge recoil in slow motion.

Never let a dreadnought fire when slow mo is activated, it exploded.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:24 pm

TheLastBanana wrote:
That's probably part of the reason, yeah. It's also why sometimes weapons have huge recoil in slow motion BULLETTIME!.

dragonxp wrote:
Never let a dreadnought fire when slow mo BULLETTIME! is activated, it exploded.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:31 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Alright, I've uploaded a new version. Aiming is now slowed so that it's relative to normal speed, so you can aim much more accurately in sl- ahem... BULLETTIME!

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Arrite now THIS is god damn bullet time.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 pm

Post Re: Smooth Butts
Should you make a BULLETTIME! gun? Whatever actor or msrotating is shot will be slowed down.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next