View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Dummy Expansion 

Post Re: Dummy Expansion
You have to play as the Dummy Expansion, it includes the vanilla ones.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:50 am

Sorry, I should've been clearer the first time - Dummy Expansion doesn't show up as a playable faction in the campaign settings. I can't select Dummy Expansion to be them.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:36 am

You downloaded the wrong version probably. Make sure you click this download link ------> V1.0 Download : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ywyt924d47gpomk

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks, I did indeed download the wrong one and now it works fine.
A couple things to note, the presets are still 4x the regular price, but if you buy individual units then the pricing resets itself or something and works fine. Probably my biggest problem was the AI. I don't know if you can change this but I've never had it before except with this mod. My units would on occasion (couple times in the first campaign I played) have difficulty in Brain AI mode - they wouldn't move, or would try flying straight up, or would simply shoot in random directions and not move. Dunno where that comes from but it was pretty annoying.
The other thing that bugged me was the extreme resistance these units have to certain types of damage. I was almost literally immune to the techion small blaster thingy, whereas any other basic units are dead within one clip of that. I was also attacked with a medium digger to absolutely no effect, whereas we all know that's probably the most powerful super close range weapon there is.
Anyways, it's definitely not all bad, it's a pretty cool mod overall, it's just there's a few tweaks to be made if they can be changed. Nice work though, the variety of weapons in particular is nice to have.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:20 pm

The 4x price is because the preset loadouts are looking at the base dummy faction, not the expanded one and the base faction is 4x the cost in campaign, since you are not them.

As for ignoring damage, it was most likley a glitch. I often get glitchs where for short times no one can be hit by weapons, you might have experienced that.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:40 pm

Everything looks great, but I feel giving one faction pretty much every kind of weapon possible is sort of boring.

Maybe that's just me?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:02 am

Crix wrote:
Maybe that's just me?

I've actual always been a fan of dummy's i made a generous amount of sprites in my spare-time before removing my self from the forums actual it was more to do with an error and accounts but enough of that. I honestly feel that the dummy's as a faction should have more of a industry weapon selection instead of what we've got here.

Mass Driver? I honestly cannot understand that one, then again dummy's are for testing no one means to say that the actual weapon is perfect and won't blow your bot up in all due process.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:51 pm
Banned

Sims_Doc what does industry weapon selection mean

Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Hey Major, i'm attempting to re-haul the dummy faction as a whole, would you mind if I used some content from your mod?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Be my guest. :)

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:38 am

Re: Dummy Expansion
I am having a HUGE problem. Every time I have this mod installed dummy.rte stops working when I check it in CCMM, and if I play the campaign with them, the "You don't have enough gold, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!" message pops up when I try to attack/expedition land. The red bar that shows how much money I need goes off the little window and it doesn't allow me to move the meter. My game doesn't doesn't crash at all with it installed and the standard dummies work fine, along with the expanded ones.
EDIT: If I play Dummy Expanded against Dummy Expanded the game works fine, but that's kind of odd.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Smart-3 wrote:
I am having a HUGE problem. Every time I have this mod installed dummy.rte stops working when I check it in CCMM, and if I play the campaign with them, the "You don't have enough gold, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!" message pops up when I try to attack/expedition land. The red bar that shows how much money I need goes off the little window and it doesn't allow me to move the meter. My game doesn't doesn't crash at all with it installed and the standard dummies work fine, along with the expanded ones.
EDIT: If I play Dummy Expanded against Dummy Expanded the game works fine, but that's kind of odd.

That was actually a small bug everyone had. It should be fixed in 1.05

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:35 pm

I finally got tired of the huge pricing regarding the presets, so I made my own file, in addition to spriting two new weapons out of your Dummy SMG; I felt it looked too much like the pistol and was irritated by how the bolts just bounced off doors, so I added a stock, changed the stance and holding offsets to compensate for that, and then created two new weapons out of this, the Shielded SMG and the Light Nailer Rifle. The Shielded SMG basically just is the regular SMG with a big-ish plate on it to block shots to the head and chest, it dramatically increases Dummy survival, considering how weak they are. The Light Nailer Rifle is basically just the SMG with an increased Barrel length; I was irritated by how... BIG the regular assault rifle looked in my delicate dummy's hands. Here's the download file. Also, ignore the Dummy 2 thing, it's simply just my attempt to create a Dummy that is slightly tougher without being OP, and it still needs a little tweaking. The Dummy 2 and Shielded SMG together are very difficult to kill with traditional ballistic weapons.

http://www.2shared.com/file/NVWtFJA3/Du ... onrte.html

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Dummy Expansion
Sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere. The Gen lab mission crashes CC when launched in B30. However I was able to fix this by replacing the following code in Genetics Lab Mission.ini

Replace
Code:
Terrain = SLTerrain
      CopyOf = Base.rte/Mountains 2 Terrain

With this
Code:
Terrain = SLTerrain
      PresetName = Mountains 2 Terrain
      BitmapFile = ContentFile
         Path = Base.rte/Scenes/Terrains/Mountains_2.bmp
      WrapX = 1
      WrapY = 0
      ScrollRatio = Vector
         X = 1.0
         Y = -1.0
      BackgroundTexture = ContentFile
         Path = Base.rte/Scenes/Textures/DirtDark.bmp

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Major, you cool if I upload this to the Steam Workshop? All I'd need is permission an some new screenshots as the ones on the OP died.

Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next