View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 X-Region V0.801[110607-patch] 

X-Region V0.801[110607-patch]
PLEASE READ THE README.TXT FIRST AFTER DOWNLOAD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Region
version 0.8

ACTOR
Revo-Robot X
jump & fly · reflect · teleport · very hard to kill
WEAPON Xs
X-Sniper
three mode · laser aim · long-long sight

X-Puncturer
two mode · blood rain

X-ShockStar
two mode · shotgun or bomb launcher

X-CutTool
very effective · not for gold · energy shield
CRAFT
Xeleportation
no pic
safe · single actor per time

First mod of mine.
I can't even find another Chinese player who wanna make mods of CC like me, and my English is so poor that I dare not to post/ donno how to post right questions, but I love CC. In last few years, I read this forum everyday as an anonymous, download mods, test each of them, open the ini or lua to see how they achieve those functions.

In the beginning, this mod was just a pack of something useful to test or cheat(that's right), so it would be very overpowered. WIP.

Credits:
combined/adapted sprites and Lua codes from these mods: DarkStorm Military Technologies(Darlos9D), Elite Assault Felines(Cooljoesmith), Whitty's Wonderful Mods(Whitty), Stark Industries(DudeAbides), Hueg Pack o' Mods(Shook), Reflect Gun and VED Grenade Launcher(CaveCricket48), The FBM CB 4200(The Last Banana), your great mod help/encouraged me a lot, thank you so much!
Special thanks: zoidberg, for solving several Lua bugs; Data and the dev team, for the great game.

Comments Highly Appreciated

Attachments:
X-Region V0.8.rar [779.85 KiB]
Downloaded 1986 times
File comment: decompress and cover the original folder
X-Region V0.801patch.rar [31.42 KiB]
Downloaded 985 times

Last edited by Xery on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Post Re: X-Region V0.8
Wow awsume mod, its not everyday that someone can achieve that in their first shot. All the best with future modding, soon, after many years of modding i may release my own mod too.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Post Re: X-Region V0.8
hey there, this was an awesome start! your first mod is truly good, its pure fun to devastate my enemies units with the Revo-Robot, its a mas sized weapon of mass destruction! pure epicness!

I cant wait to see more mods, or an improvement of the X-Region, good job mate, keep the mod coming!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Post Re: X-Region V0.801[110607-patch]
Very nice, as long as you don't expect a fair fight. :P I can't figure out how to get the float system to work though.

One odd little thing though, I noticed if you hit the pie menu while there are fully charged x-sniper shots on the field they'll explode. I think this is a nice feature, but if you do it while one of the shots is within range of the Motionless Field of a Revo-Robot X, the robot will dramatically self-destruct. The Motionless Field doesn't have to be active, it's just an indication of the range of this effect. Not necessarily something that needs fixing, just thought you might want to know.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks for your advices!

Quote:
I can't figure out how to get the float system to work though.

hold "V"(don't release before you have finished the next step), then quickly press jump(default "W" for player 1) twice or more. If the interval between two press is short enough, the robot will stay in the air and not fall again, means that you've successfully activated the system(now you can release "V"). In state Active, you can hold V and quickly press crouch(default "S" for player 1) twice to deactivate it. Is it clear enough this time?

Quote:
if you do it while one of the shots is within range of the Motionless Field of a Revo-Robot X, the robot will dramatically self-destruct.

When explode, its effect will apply to all the actor around, include the robot and the brain of your own side.

Quote:
The Motionless Field doesn't have to be active, it's just an indication of the range of this effect.

Doesn't have to be active? Just an indication of the range of this effect? Hmm, sorry but I don't know what you mean. I add this simple function as a response to some hardcore protect mission.

Quote:
The craft (teleportation thing) is just like the Crobotech one.

It is actually. I haven't change anything of it yet. And, about the glow:
Quote:
The sprites are painful.

You're right. Since I'm not good at painting, all of the sprite are from other released mod and I just modify them slowly, little by little in Photoshop, sometimes make it even worse. I have planned on learning how to draw pixel-style pictures, and, any help on sprites is very welcome.

Quote:
The actor's atomgroups for the feet are either really off.

I still don't know how to set atomgroup properly. How to correct it? Set a lower Resolution?

Time for class. I'll make up questions and bring them back next login. big thank you once again!

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:14 am

Quote:
hold "V"(don't release before you have finished the next step), then quickly press jump(default "W" for player 1) twice or more. If the interval between two press is short enough, the robot will stay in the air and not fall again, means that you've successfully activated the system(now you can release "V"). In state Active, you can hold V and quickly press crouch(default "S" for player 1) twice to deactivate it. Is it clear enough this time?

I've tried that, and it doesn't work for me. Which lua script handles that? I might just need to slow down how fast it expects me to hit the buttons.

Quote:
Doesn't have to be active? Just an indication of the range of this effect? Hmm, sorry but I don't know what you mean. I add this simple function as a response to some hardcore protect mission.

All I meant was that the range on the Motionless Field was the same as the range on the fully charged shots killing stuff when they explode. So if you draw an imaginary circle around the actor at the very edge of the Motionless Field, so that anything inside the circle can be effected by the field and anything outside the circle can not, then if there are any fully charged shots inside the circle when they explode they'll also kill the actor. Just trying to give a little extra info and it ended up confusing things more than it helped. :oops:

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Gee, that robot looks awful familiar...

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile YIM

Quote:
I've tried that, and it doesn't work for me. Which lua script handles that? I might just need to slow down how fast it expects me to hit the buttons.

It's in SneakyLua.lua, you can find self.flightSwitchTime(longest interval to make function actived/deactived) and change it as you like.

Darlos9D wrote:
Gee, that robot looks awful familiar...

Its sprite's combined and modded from your Tengu(main body and head), Jump Infantry of EAF(Jetpack) and Regen Replicating Zombie from CyborgZombies(light animtion). I'd & will change them little by little, or ask someone to draw new ones. Sorry about this, and the download link will be removed if any of you request me to.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Generally speaking, you should pm the people that made the stuff you're editing before release.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:55 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
It's in SneakyLua.lua, you can find self.flightSwitchTime(longest interval to make function actived/deactived) and change it as you like.

Thanks, increasing that delay fixed it. Kind of strange though, since the Stark mod it came from has an even shorter delay and that works just fine for me.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:56 am

Will u be updating it for b27?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:21 am

Shad0w1 wrote:
Will u be updating it for b27?

Yes, but a totally re-designed version.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Looking forward to the b27 remake ^_^

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:00 am