View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 The Wehrmacht - an Axis mod - WWII 

Post Re: Wehrmacht / German / Axis forces mod WWII
numgun wrote:
Quote:
I have no Idea why the Stielhandgranata explodes randomly, I think it has something to do with the ActivatesWhenReleased...

I suggest deleting the whole ActivatesWhenReleased line for every grenade. Its broken badly last time I checked. Also impact explosive are very risky and have a high risk of blowing up in your hands (especially when moving and throwing at the same time), so it'd be safer to make it a timed grenade.

Thanks, Numgun, will do. I was rechecking and testing the coding, and I couldn't find any obvious solutions, so yeah, I'll just play it safe. Lets hope those damned 'nades kill no more red teamers.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 am

This mod is going to take you places Kettenkrad!

it is awesome that you are fixing the Stielhandgranata and i was wondering if the submarines are still active???

Huntsman (to those who understand)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm

If you don't know, I'm pretty sure it's the Uber Cannon sprite/weapon attached to a Howitzer body.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
The Howitzer is far superior the field gun. You see, since the Howitzer not only reloads a bit faster (I think), and the charge is the same, it can easily be used for defense. The field gun has to be put in the line of fire because of it's range. An explosive launcher can either be a lobber or rocket propelled, and since it isn't either, it's more difficult to use. The howitzer, on the other hand, is most definitely a lobber. With a lobber, and some simple logic and aiming skillz, you can be a marksmen with what is essentially a big grenade launcher.
The charge in these shells aren't too strong, but they aren't strong enough. It isn't underpowered, nor overpowered, and it certainly ain't balanced. The actual particles emitted by the shell are very powerful, and the clusters can blow out brains, but what you need are the air particles that are usually in the bombs we see. These particles don't rape terrain, but they send out a nice shock wave that can rape face if the fraggy bits don't get to them first. These air particles have to be insanely high in numbers to work well, but that's acceptable.

JacenHanLovesLegos wrote:
If you don't know, I'm pretty sure it's the Uber Cannon sprite/weapon attached to a Howitzer body.

Huntsman wrote:
This mod is going to take you places Kettenkrad!
it is awesome that you are fixing the Stielhandgranata and i was wondering if the submarines are still active???

The Howitzer and field gun are the same, only one has a higher fire velocity. I made the guns mainly to see if they would work, as I hadn't had much success in making turrets. The Air Blast will be added. I probably won't make a 360 degree shock-wave, but more of a sea-urchin like spread, due to the laggyness of an uber shock-wave. The guns do in fact fire Uber Cannon rounds, as I wasn't feeling particularly creative when I made them. I only modified the sprite slightly to have a breech for my shells to eject from. This has been changed in V1.4 (soon...).

As for the field gun... C'mon! Its a big, bad-ass Uber Cannon! It's BEGGING to be used on Horiz land or something.

Huntsman (I understand - Matthew Riley, right?) the sub doesn't exist yet...

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 am

Correct my friend, 1 question, when is 1.4 out????
I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:57 am

Huntsman wrote:

Later, I wan't to get the U-Boat to work. ACrabs sink in the Hydro mod. It'll have to be an AHuman, but that'll be wierd, cause it will be able to... Hold weapons and bombs and stuff :(.
Unless I 'dunno, what if I put AEmitters on the bottom to stop it from sinking...

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 am

ok then, just make sure you dont stuff it up :D

Last edited by Huntsman on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 am

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am

Kettenkrad wrote:
Huntsman wrote:

Later, I wan't to get the U-Boat to work. ACrabs sink in the Hydro mod. It'll have to be an AHuman, but that'll be wierd, cause it will be able to... Hold weapons and bombs and stuff :(.
Unless I 'dunno, what if I put AEmitters on the bottom to stop it from sinking...

You can either:
A) Modify the Hydro mod to not ignore crabs (it did not anticipate this situation, so the script could definetely be improved. You can PM akblabla to change it).
B) Make it an Actor (not ACrab or Ahuman) and have the weapon be run entirely through Lua script. It might be even better, since the torpedo goes straight so it wont need additional aiming.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 am

numgun wrote:
You can either:
A) Modify the Hydro mod to not ignore crabs (it did not anticipate this situation, so the script could definetely be improved. You can PM akblabla to change it).
B) Make it an Actor (not ACrab or Ahuman) and have the weapon be run entirely through Lua script. It might be even better, since the torpedo goes straight so it wont need additional aiming.

One problem: I'm no sparkle magic wizard. (Also, can you give Actors limbs, and would the script respond to me pressing the movement buttons if it is an Actor?)
However I was thinking: What if the U-Boat could be bought from the menu as a null AHuman, then (with some crazy .lua h@x) gib itself (therefore dropping any guns / bombs). The sub would have an AimRange of 0 or what ever, and the torpedoes would have a homing script. It would have a preset inventory of the null torpedo gun. I guess then you can still drop the weapon though.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 am

And one last thing. I suggest "camp" items that way. Base up on the hill. then a camping post to protect and alert about incoming units.

And the tanks are too small.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Kettenkrad wrote:
numgun wrote:
You can either:

One problem: I'm no sparkle magic wizard. (Also, can you give Actors limbs, and would the script respond to me pressing the movement buttons if it is an Actor?)
However I was thinking: What if the U-Boat could be bought from the menu as a null AHuman, then (with some crazy .lua h@x) gib itself (therefore dropping any guns / bombs). The sub would have an AimRange of 0 or what ever, and the torpedoes would have a homing script. It would have a preset inventory of the null torpedo gun. I guess then you can still drop the weapon though.

It wouldn't be too complicate with the B) option. An actor is the most simple form of a controllable instance. It has no functions on it, no limbs or anything else. All you can do is select it and open the buy menu through it. Thats all.

So in theory, the submarine would be an actor, and while in water, a Lua script would be responsible for moving it up/down/left/right and spawning a moving torpedo in front of the sub when you press the "fire" button. This is a very basic solution, but it would have all the basic functions to move and shoot.

PvtVain wrote:

I think they are just fine.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:37 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

numgun wrote:

Akblabla did see it coming, and he provided two scripts, one to make ACrabs float, and one to make AHumans sink, for whatever purpose it may serve.

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=19065

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:13 pm

PvtVain wrote:

I think they are just fine.[/quote]

I disagree sir.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

1. You already made that clear, you don't have to have the last word on everything.

2. Learn to preview your posts first. Then they wouldn't come through like they do.

3. No-one cares unless you have something useful to add to the conversation.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next