View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
 The Wehrmacht - an Axis mod - WWII 

Post Re: Wehrmacht / German / Axis forces mod WWII
numgun wrote:
Kettenkrad wrote:
numgun wrote:
You can either:
A) Modify the Hydro mod to not ignore crabs (it did not anticipate this situation, so the script could definetely be improved. You can PM akblabla to change it).
B) Make it an Actor (not ACrab or Ahuman) and have the weapon be run entirely through Lua script. It might be even better, since the torpedo goes straight so it wont need additional aiming.

One problem: I'm no sparkle magic wizard. (Also, can you give Actors limbs, and would the script respond to me pressing the movement buttons if it is an Actor?)
However I was thinking: What if the U-Boat could be bought from the menu as a null AHuman, then (with some crazy .lua h@x) gib itself (therefore dropping any guns / bombs). The sub would have an AimRange of 0 or what ever, and the torpedoes would have a homing script. It would have a preset inventory of the null torpedo gun. I guess then you can still drop the weapon though.

It wouldn't be too complicate with the B) option. An actor is the most simple form of a controllable instance. It has no functions on it, no limbs or anything else. All you can do is select it and open the buy menu through it. Thats all.

So in theory, the submarine would be an actor, and while in water, a Lua script would be responsible for moving it up/down/left/right and spawning a moving torpedo in front of the sub when you press the "fire" button. This is a very basic solution, but it would have all the basic functions to move and shoot.

I tried making it an Actor, and it moves around fine, but like a dropship, it only faces one direction... Isn't there a HFlipped property or something? Would that solve the problem?

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:01 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Kettenkrad wrote:
Isn't there a HFlipped property or something? Would that solve the problem?

Yup, set the HFlipped to true at the same time the actor moves in the opposite direction to its sprite in the script.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

The HFlipped only reverses the direction the sprite is constantly facing. Is it possible to have an Actor turn like an ACrab or AHuman when the movement buttons are pressed, or would that require Lua?

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:35 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Using Lua, HFlipped is not constant.

Code:
function Update(self)
if self:GetController():IsState(Controller.MOVE_LEFT) then
   self.HFlipped = true
end
end

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
Using Lua, HFlipped is not constant.

Code:
function Update(self)
if self:GetController():IsState(Controller.MOVE_LEFT) then
   self.HFlipped = true
end
end

Thanks, came in handy.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 am

This mod needs more updates.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:34 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

He's [hopefully] working on the hydro-related side of this mod. I'd expect a reasonably good next release.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
He's [hopefully] working on the hydro-related side of this mod. I'd expect a reasonably good next release.

Hopefully. Can't wait to see a boat in CC.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 am

Yep, Submarine is done! Well, almost done. I was hoping to get some more stuff finished, but...
The sub is for use in the Hydro mod. Many many infinite thanks to Mehman for the script, and Roast Veg for the HFlipped = true .Lua stuffs.
The Saucer is not finished (Gibs Dropship MKI) but the Wehrmacht needed some form of cargo delivery.
The weapon stand I did not (NOT ME!) make, apart from the sprite. I found it on the forums, and loved it. A futuristic weapon stand doesn't really suit Nazis though.

Sub: Press Mouse 1 to fire bow tube, mouse 2 to fire stern. Bow = 1 second reload. Stern = 5 second reload.
Press "Z" (or is it "X"?) to rotate one way, "X" (or is it "C"?) to rotate the other.

Nebelwerfer is fun, and really sounds like that. (Look it up!)

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:42 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The sub is fine, but that sonar gets really annoying.

If you have any plans to make floaty-ships for this mod [battleships and the like] the best way to do it would be to make it an ACrab and use the scripts I posted earlier by akblabla. Makes turrets real easy too.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Epic update.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:41 am

PvtVain wrote:
Epic update.

Roast Veg wrote:
The sub is fine, but that sonar gets really annoying.

If you have any plans to make floaty-ships for this mod [battleships and the like] the best way to do it would be to make it an ACrab and use the scripts I posted earlier by akblabla. Makes turrets real easy too.

Many thanks. :grin:
Yep, I've started a Auxiliary Cruiser. I'ts nothing big, as I can only give it one controllable turret (Without .Lua). It will have a long range artillery gun, and an AA gun. BTW, does anyone know why ACrab turrets are so fragile? If any projectile hits them, they seem to just disintegrate. My current solution was just GetsHitByMOs = 0, but this is not very realistic.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:04 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

They are attachables, so it's to do with the JointStrength I believe.

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 am

I must say Kettenkrad, this is probably one of the better mods I've ever used.
The weapon variety is very good, and most of them have a fairly balanced feel.
Craft wise, the saucer is pretty cool, and the Junker Stuka's ability to spawn a pilot on destruction is wonderfull.
I enjoy the vehicles very much, and the variety of tank type is nice to see. (the anti-air is amazing.)
The artillery are very good, if over powered, but that adds to the feel I suppose.
The Hitler bunker is amazing, I laughed pretty hard at the crab and the waste. Very cool. And the house was also pretty sweet.

I did however notice a few problems. The tank treads tend to terrain rape a-bit (I'm not entirely sure of a fix I just figured I'd point it out.) And the tanks also have the ability to shoot themselves to death causing the destroyed turret to fire after death randomly...
Other than those somewhat minor problems though, this is a very good mod and overall very well done. Good job !

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 am

GlowstickNinja wrote:
I must say Kettenkrad, this is probably one of the better mods I've ever used.
The weapon variety is very good, and most of them have a fairly balanced feel.
Craft wise, the saucer is pretty cool, and the Junker Stuka's ability to spawn a pilot on destruction is wonderfull.
I enjoy the vehicles very much, and the variety of tank type is nice to see. (the anti-air is amazing.)
The artillery are very good, if over powered, but that adds to the feel I suppose.
The Hitler bunker is amazing, I laughed pretty hard at the crab and the waste. Very cool. And the house was also pretty sweet.

I did however notice a few problems. The tank treads tend to terrain rape a-bit (I'm not entirely sure of a fix I just figured I'd point it out.) And the tanks also have the ability to shoot themselves to death causing the destroyed turret to fire after death randomly...
Other than those somewhat minor problems though, this is a very good mod and overall very well done. Good job !

Wow, thanks! Those darned tanks... They desperately need a good respriting and recoding. I have no idea how to fix the tread's terrain rape (suggestions, anyone?). As for the guns, they fire AEmitters to make it look pretty, and I don't think the shots can ignore the tanks. The PzKpfw II was just a test, using Metal Slug's small tank's walkpath and footgroup things with a different gun, to see if it was possible. The light tanks will likely be scrapped, in favour of the Panzerkampfwagen III medium tank, (Larger chassis, heavier weapons) and the Flakpanzer IV 'Wirblewind' will take the place of the AA tank. Thank's GlowstickNinja and everyone else for the positive comments. :grin:

Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next