View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 479 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 The Wehrmacht - an Axis mod - WWII 

The Wehrmacht - an Axis mod - WWII
The Wehrmacht
Look at all this new large text! o_o

Volksgrenadier
Cheap front-line infantry

Sturm Infanterie
Elite stormtroopers

Scharfschutze
Long-range support

MG-Schutze
Primary support

Fallschirmjager
Reconnaissance and infiltration

Flammenkrieger
Mrrph mrrph!

20mm FlaK 88
Twin autocannons set on anti-air defence

Lwf.gPz Saucer D3
Slow, heavy, long range troop transport

Lwf.gPz Bomber
Light, medium range bomber support

Guns!

Code:
Sounds, spriting reference         - asdax10      - DESERT SOLDIERS
Scripts, script help, being awesome      - akblabla      - STUFF IN GENERAL
Scripts, coolness               - Shook      - HUEG PACK 'O STUFF
Scripts, more coolness            - Asklar      - ERM...
Sounds, awesome mod            - Gotcha!      - UNITEC
Sounds, also awesome mod         - MaximDude   - MaximDude Corp
Flame Fire Sprites, Inspiration         - Darlos9D      - DARKSTORM MILITARY TECHNOLOGIES
Shockwaves, nice explosives         - Dunno      - JERICHO MISSILE
Scripts                  - ramonimbao   - GHILLE SUIT ACTOR
Scripts                  - Abdul      - EXPERIMENTAL DUMMY VEHICLES
Parachute                  - Nax & Lafe   - MECH THINGY
Barbed Wire & Weapon Stand         - No Idea      - ALSO NO IDEA
Scripts and help               - Mehman      - STUFF
Scripts and script help            - CaveCricket48   - STICKY GUN
Sccript help                  - Roast Veg      - MORE STUFF
Saucer Idea               - WalkableBuffalo      - Dammit Will you stuffed up my awesome tabbing. D:<

Quote:
Changelog go!
_changelogs are hard and im lazy

Please note that the current version (3/12/12) is borked pretty bad. 'Nades don't work and quite a few devices are free. I'll take a look after assessment week. (or month depending on how lazy I am)
Download from Mediafire
Includes zipped file (~15MB) and 7z archive (~11MB)
Apologies, Minus no longer accepts zipped files (D;)

Older Versions:

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am, edited 41 times in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:49 am

Post Re: Wehrmacht / German / Axis forces mod WWII
hahaha that hitler in the tank is awesome. :grin:
Only took a look through the files so far and this is a pretty large mod. There are little/no waste material so its good to see that you've optimized the mod.
Personally I think the sprites are great and original, I'm sure other nitpickers will critize them, but honestly said they are good enough.
Also, to further improve the presentation of the mod, try using tinypic.com to host your picture at. The forum has a nasty habbit of shrinking an uploaded image, while through tinypic.com you can make it appear in original size directly.

Gonna test it out ingame and give more comments later.

Btw, there's a modding tutorial inside this mod on a .txt file. Any new modders might want to take a look at it.

This user was given a small warning for this post - Even if this is a pretty well made post, please for the love of god don't comment before trying it out. - p3lb0x

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks! It's great to get such a rapid and positive response from someone so experienced. (I'll definitely have a look at the website), and as for the tutorial in the text file, I was making it for a school friend but it never really got finished. Hope to get it all done later though. As for the rest of the mod, probably a third of it is non-buyable, and WIP, unfortunately. :grin:

EDIT: Thanks for the site, worked great (I think!)

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 am

Holy ♥♥♥♥ this mod is fantastic. Not perfect, but very good.

So far I've managed to test roughly only half of the mod so far (sort of busy atm), but I'm impressed. The units, devices, craft are all well designed and you've clearly put some thought when making each item. Sure, there's a lot of items that are taken from other mods, but you've managed to combine them all in a very good and consistent way. This mod has been made with care.
While you've copied the other mods, there's some fresh original ideas in here aswell. I lol'd hard when I saw what you did with the background hand for the soldiers when they are not holding anything. Clever. :grin:

Also good work with the effects and descriptions. The anti-air tank, flamer and cannons were amazing. More of that please.

For some improvements:
-Some ballistic weapons behave inconsistently. It seems some machineguns and rifles are using ballistics scripts from Mehman's mod, but then there are shotguns and pistols that don't use the script and are able to shoot really far without slowing down. In some cases a shotgun can fire farther than most machineguns.

-Parachute. First, mention that it comes with a soldier. At first I thought it attached whatever cargo I put below it, so it was pretty funny when I ordered a seperate paratrooper with the parachute. 2 actors sharing one parachute didn't work so well as they ended up beating the ♥♥♥♥ out of each other midair. Second, the parachute some times settles into terrain, some times midair. See if you can fix that to prevent floating parachute islands from forming.

-Custom jetpack emissions. They can really make the soldiers stand out better visually during action when they dont use the ancient vanilla jetpack.

-Finish the scene you made. That trenchmap(forgot name) looks really great, even though its unfinished. The map and its scenery reminds me of Soldat trenchwar maps.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am

Thanks, I sort of posted the mod in a hurry, bored after I got back from school. I did a little bit of touching-up and organizing, but not much.

Please bear with me, as this post will serve as some form of checklist for the mod:

- The AirResistance on the machine gun MOPixels originated from the coalition Assault Rifle, and I based one gun off another, spawning a massive web of AirResistance.

- Descriptions don't really exist for half the guns, so.. yeah, I'll have to get those done soon.

- I'm hoping to make more turrets, using crazy .lua h@x to spawn and / or keep a soldier near the turret to act as crew. (Tried to make the soldier an Attachable... *Shudder*)

- The parachute was stolen (I'm sorry!) from a metal slug mod, I think, and I was supposed to take that out. It just went so good with the paratrooper. Even so, the .lua scripting is impossible to decipher, so I think I will take it out. (Try landing a parachute /w paratrooper on-top of a dropship... Nasty stuff)

- The trenchlands map was a huge project that I sort of took one afternoon. For it to be perfect, I needed to make some backgrounds, lots of civilian terrain objects, a 'coastal' artillery battery / cannon, and trees / debris / etc... I gave up after a few days. I'll take it out until it's finished.
It was slightly based of a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 map, Atacama Desert or something, with a village in the center for KoTH or CTF.

- Most of the weapons fire way too fast, as I only use a laggy desktop and even laggier laptop to mod. (I play at about x0.40 speed)...

Also, thanks for the help. I don't wan't you to feel obliged to test everything, as its probably a pain in the ass.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:50 am

If you look through the first few pages of mod releases, there is a water mod by aklblabla. It's also in his Ronin campaign.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Nice work!
"+": tanks and cannons, ideas.
"-": sprites(actors, weapons) and bunker modules.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm

A very nice mod.
Although:
-The sprites could do with some love.
-The civilian house is IsScrap, and gets destroyed like cardboard.
-Some of the machineguns have insane terrain-rape.

The stuka is amazing, I'm lovin it. :smile:

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm

You should really correct the range of some weapons: for example the shotgun and the luger have a longer range than the K98. Also the MP40 had 32 rounds in its clip, not 40, and your stuka fires homing missiles, homing missiles didn't exist during WWII(but some prototypes were made). Quite a good mod otherwise.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks for the tips.

For the sprites, I'll get working on them soon, although exams are coming up for school, so it might take a little while to rework them. (Which ones need the most work? Obviously the tank, field gun and howitzers, and probably most of the ballistic weapons. Are the Volksgrenadiers ok?
I completely forgot the civilian house still existed. It and that horrible tree were the start of an ambitious map project that is still in the development stage. Don't get to attached to them, as the map might not survive.
Terrain rape will have to be fixed, yeah.
The homing missiles will probably have to stay, as the I think the Stuka glitches and shoots itself (more often) without them. (A tip, don't play as team two...)
Range as in bullet range, or SharpLenght range? bullet range was hopefully fixed in v 1.1
-32 rounds, got it.

As for the Stuka, you can also find a half done He111 / 117 or something bomber in the Craft folder, with three turrets for troop transports. Hopefully that will be completed soon.

Thanks again for all comments. I'll get started this afternoon.

Ooh, oh, WATER! Ok, I'll test it out and then try and make some boats, U-boats, water mines, etc. I think this will require some sparkle magic...

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 pm

I meant bullet range.

Edit: I tried only V1.0, so bullet range may be fixed indeed, I will test V1.2.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah, V1.2 was a rapid response to Numgun's advice, It was all a bit fast back then...

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 pm

I tested V1.2, I see you fixed the range problem, however I think most of your weapons(eg: mauser pistol, MP40) are too accurate(the mauser pistol has a sniper's accuracy!), try increasing shakerange and sharpshakerange a bit to make it more realistic.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Erm, well, I understand most of the .ini coding... But I still don't know what ShakeRange and SharpShakeRange are. Is it the increase in accuracy the further the SharpLength?

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Shakerange is how much bullets spread, sharpshakerange is the same when you aim.

I suggest you download and read this: download/file.php?id=35285
It explains every statement of a firearm's ini-code, it was made by Major and me.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 479 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next