View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Adamant Regime Tech 1.0.1: High-Tier Ballistic Military Gear 

Adamant Regime Tech 1.0.1: High-Tier Ballistic Military Gear
This is my own little Cortex Command modding pet project, which I worked on sporadically over a period of who-knows-how-long, put lots of effort into (as much as my minimal modding proficiency would allow), and then forgot about for over a year before randomly waking up this morning thinking "Well, if I'm not going to work on this anymore, I should really just publish it already." And that's exactly what I'm doing now.

Downloadable attachment containing all of the mod's content can be found at the bottom of the main post.

Here's some stuff you might want to know about the Adamant Regime faction if you don't mind the reading:

TL;DR - If you like vanilla-flavored mod technology, outgunning your enemies, dying slightly less, spending lots of money, shooting holes through walls, carrying shields, dual-wielding powerful secondary weapons, quadrupedal armored drones, littering the ground with spent bullet casings, the colors red and silver, or any combination of the above, then Adamant Regime Technology is the faction for you. Welcome to the Legion!

Adamant Regime Technology: Offhand-Capable Weapons
The following weapons can be wielded with a Shield, and also come with an offhand variant for deviant units who prefer to spend their money on guns rather than shields.

Jackal P-41: A reliable and powerful standard-issue side arm for the Adamant Legion Army. Features good stopping power, accuracy, and quick reload time.

Wolf HP-23: Excellent firepower paired with the reliability and speed of smaller handguns make this an exceptional all-purpose side arm.

Tiger GP-17: A nasty and fearsome 20-round gatling pistol. Fires a rapid stream of bullets after a brief spin-up period to deal massive damage in close-quarters combat.

Hurricane SMG-45: Compact submachine gun with a very high rate of fire. The 24-round magazine will burn up quickly, but your enemy will burn out just as fast.

Adamant Regime Technology: Standard Usage Weapons
Carry these into battle without being tempted to spend money on a secondary counterpart for your offhand.

Warmonger FAR-55: A high-end 36-round fully-automatic assault rifle. Its stopping power and reliability make it a superior choice to many other rifles of its kind.

Commander SAR-55: A swift and powerful semi-automatic model of the AR-55. It's precision, power, and range make it an excellent support/defense weapon at the cost of fire rate.

Maverick BAR-55: The most refined model of AR-55 currently avaliable. A burst-fire rifle which features great power, accuracy, reliability, and versatility.

Warlord DMG-65: The durability of Adamantium means that this behemoth can handle the abuse of two powerful automatic weapons fused together. Pollution from noise, fumes, and spent shells and inevitable collateral damage to nature makes this thing an environmentally unfriendly piece of hardware. Very heavy as well, but can you argue when it's packing twice the firepower?

Spider SG-19s: Short, cheap, and strong. May not be as powerful as its big brother, but this thing can really pack a punch. Can be wielded with a shield.

Scorpion SG-19: A sturdy and highly dependable pump-action shotgun. Powerful enough to punch through bunker walls at point blank range. Excellent for close- to medium-range combat.

Recluse ASG-34: Destructive and fearsome medium-range autoshotgun. Performs well at medium range, but even better in close quarters.

Ravager SR-79: Precise and versatile long-range rifle. Provides extraordinary firepower over very long distances.

Eliminator HSR-227: Immensely powerful heavy-class sniper with extraordinary range. Its overly-complex adaptable feed system allows it to fire 3 types of ammunition: high-velocity bunker-penetrating cartridges that can blast through thick terrain, an air-burst grenade with a wide blast for squads of light infantry, and a another grenade with a narrow blast for destroying armored targets.

Basilisk GL-09: Powerful grenade launcher with a two-shot magazine. Can fire Bouncing or Impact grenades. Comes with a trajectory tracking system to help you aim.

Hydra ACN-53: The latest and greatest handheld autocannon in the Adamant arsenal. So great, in fact, that all others are left off the market to stagnate in obsoleteness. Fires caseless explosive cannon shells at high velocities very rapidly.

Adamant Regime Technology: Shields
Essential for making your already-fairly-tough soldiers even harder to kill.

Image Image
Adamant Shield: Extremely durable adamantium-reinforced heavy-duty combat shield.
Shortened Adamant Shield: Cut down in size to maximize mobility while still maintaining decent protection and great durability.

Adamant Legion Army: Humanoid Units
Walk on two legs and tote around whatever you want them to carry. You know the drill.

Adamant Soldier: Standard multi-purpose unit of the Adamant Legion Army. Outperforms most other standard infantry.

Adamant Sniper: Specially trained soldier of the Adamant Legion Army. Equipped with slightly better body armor and better suited to act autonomously from direct control.

Adamant Trooper: Extremely versatile Adamant Legion unit capable of taking a hefty amount of hits without dying. Excellent unit for performing any battlefield task.

Adamant Elite: Veteran Trooper with special elite training and improved armor. Extensive combat experience makes them better suited to act autonomously from direct control.

Adamant Legion Army: Armored Terrors
The fearsome tank-like mechs you were briefed on in the opening paragraphs. These monsters pull a lot of weight, but their price tag is rather cumbersome with standard military budget restrictions.

Warlord Turret: Heavily-armored immobile turret with a DMG-56H mounted dual machinegun. More than enough for standard base defense needs.

Warlord Drone: Heavily-armored mobile drone with a DMG-56H mounted dual machinegun. Excellent for general armored assault purposes.

Manticore Drone: Heavily-armored mobile drone with a ASG-37H mounted autoshotgun. Close- to medium-range armored assault unit. Very threatening to fleshy targets.

Hydra Drone: Heavily-armored mobile drone with a ACN-54H mounted autocannon. The best that Adamant Regime Technology has to offer when it comes to armored assault.

One More Cool Thing...
I almost forgot to mention the new activity that comes with this faction: One-Mech Army.

Select this activity, set your faction (recommended you play as Adamant Regime Tech or another mod faction with powerful Mech units) and fight against an onslaught as a robot drone of destruction selected by the unseen hand of RNG. Just a little something you might be interested in doing.

Hopefully you can see how much work I pumped into making this mod faction a reality, and I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Feedback is appreciated, so let me know what you think!

Most recent version: 1.0.1
Attachment:
File comment: Minor weapon stat tweaks.
Adamant Regime 1.0.1.zip [388.97 KiB]
Downloaded 2798 times

Updated as of August 19, 2016.

Changelog:

Previous versions:

Attachments:
File comment: Original upload.
Adamant Regime 1.0.0.rte.zip [388.67 KiB]
Downloaded 614 times

Last edited by SzGamer27 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:57 pm

Post Re: Adamant Regime Technology: High-Tier Ballistic Military Gear
Excellent mod my man form what I have played with and tested this mod is all right could use more types of grenades thou but a wonderful mod overall.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Post Re: Adamant Regime Tech 1.0.1: High-Tier Ballistic Military Gear
Minor Update: 1.0.1
*Altered the fire rate of certain weapons:
- Warmonger FAR-55 (900rpm -> 820rpm)
- Commander SAR-55 (600rpm -> 570rpm)
- Warlord DMG-65 (1250rpm -> 1400rpm)
- DMG-65H Turret (1800rpm -> 1640rpm)
*Reduced the shake of the Warlord DMG-65:
- Handheld (10:4 -> 7:3.5)
- Turret (4:4 -> 3:3)

I wasn't 100% happy with how some of weapons felt... a couple of the rifles fired too fast for my liking, and the DMG was so inaccurate that it wasn't reliably terminating targets from a distance, which I remedied in this update. Nothing big, but I wanted to get this posted before too many people downloaded the mod.

Download the latest version in the main post!

One More Cool Thing...
I almost forgot to mention the new activity that comes with this faction: One-Mech Army.

Select this activity, set your faction (recommended you play as Adamant Regime Tech or another mod faction with powerful Mech units) and fight against an onslaught as a robot drone of destruction selected by the unseen hand of RNG. Just a little something you might be interested in doing.

This came out with the original release of the mod, but I forgot to mention it in the main post. ^.^"

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Looks awesome! Looking forward to get to my house and playtest it!

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Any chances of this faction being playable for Void Wanderers? would love to have these guys and the Coalition to duke it out against each other.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:51 am

Cracker wrote:
Any chances of this faction being playable for Void Wanderers? would love to have these guys and the Coalition to duke it out against each other.

going to totally +1 on that!

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]