View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Void Walker Amalgam 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Void Walker Amalgam
It's metal plating on clothing.
Similar to the uniforms of today.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Ok.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 pm

very nice! :) on the Ronin looking prob: the first guy's head is just a bald, much better looking slightly better looking Burtis(i thinks thats his name :???: )

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It's Brutus and yes I see what you mean.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:49 am

Well I did use Brutus' head to design this one, as I wanted the style to be the same, but it is not a resprite. I should probably have made it more different I admit.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:06 am

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Petethegoat wrote:
Crits first:
  • Glows glows glows glows glows OVERKILL ON THE GLOWS
  • The factions all seem to have very similar weapons, which you'd expect from an alliance, but I do think perhaps a couple of basic shared weapons for them (alliance raygun, whatever) would suit them better, with the individual factions having more unique stuff. Perhaps dropships and whatnot could be done in the same fashion, to save you having to make craft for each of them.They all have generic automatic weapons and sidearms and their own unique weapons, eg laser beams for the brits, aether bazooka for steampunk blobs and aether shotgun for the White Churchbots.
  • The Androus sprites could probably use outlining. They don't quite fit in with CC style at the moment, which is a shame.I didn't notice this.
  • The Sandar Mordeth is awesome, but the walkpaths need to be better. Nay, they deserve to be better!
  • GLOWS OH GOD THE GLOWS
  • I really, really love the concept of such an uneasy feeling alliance. As usual, your descriptions are a pleasure to read, but I wish you didn't have the pre-equipped units. While they're certainly often useful, I can't help but feel that I'd prefer more descriptions. I love your descriptions.
  • Some sort of triumvirate brain sorta thing would be quite cool, and would further bolster the feeling of an alliance. Just an idle thought, but I thought it would be interesting.
  • Uh, I think that is everything. I find the balancing to lean a bit towards overpowered, but after Red Legion, that's a relief. :)Try them vs Darkstorm.
  • ARGH LESS GLOWS GLOWS GLOWS

Agreed.

I think you got it right with the white robot part in glowy terms.

Specifically with the glows:

Remove the unnecessary double pixel glows from the Steampunk-bot guns and make the bandit blaster 50s-style raygun beam glowless like the standard laser rifle from vanilla (Yeah, y'all forgot about that didn't ya?).

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:52 am
Profile WWW

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
The triple brain would be cool - Maybe three separate actors in a bunker module? With a Lua script that checks which of them are dead and kills an invisible brain in the middle when all three are dead - although they themselves would not be brains. Like a three-lives rule.

The invisible brain and lua script would be unnecessary. The game already recognizes when you have multiple brains and you only lose when all your brains are dead. For example, if you place a brain case on a ceiling somewhere and a brainbot somewhere else and something kills the brain case, you won't lose and you will still have the brainbot. Similarly, if something kills the brainbot, you will still have the braincase.

EDIT: Also, that idea would not work, as the AI would not recognize the three fake brains as brains and would attempt to attack the invisible brain in the center.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm

was any of this inspired by Dr. Grordbort? If not you should look into it as a source for more weapons of insane destruction! http://www.wetanz.com/holics/index.php?catid=4

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
was any of this inspired by Dr. Grordbort?

I am discovered! Yeah, that was my chief inspiration, Dr Grordborts stuff is amazing. Also, since I live in Wellington, Weta Workshops is a ten minute drive away, which is awesome! :smile:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:58 am

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Laraso wrote:
EDIT: Also, that idea would not work, as the AI would not recognize the three fake brains as brains and would attempt to attack the invisible brain in the center.

I beg to differ.

If the brain doesn't hit MOs, the enemy will home in on it but never find it, and instead attack the fake brains.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:55 am
Profile WWW

Major wrote:
Quote:
was any of this inspired by Dr. Grordbort?

I am discovered! Yeah, that was my chief inspiration, Dr Grordborts stuff is amazing. Also, since I live in Wellington, Weta Workshops is a ten minute drive away, which is awesome! :smile:

I DEMAND The Unnatural Selector! or the Goliathon 800 Moon Hater Death Ray as a bunker defense :P

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:02 am
Profile WWW

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
Laraso wrote:

I beg to differ.

If the brain doesn't hit MOs, the enemy will home in on it but never find it, and instead attack the fake brains.

I'm pretty sure the AI doesn't go after fake brains instead of real ones. If the brain is invisible or not, the AI is not smart enough to know that they are failing and they are also not smart enough to know that need to kill the 3 fake brains to kill the invisible real one. When the AI enters the brainhunt mode, the invisible brain is marked as the target, not the 3 fake brains. Also, I have made an invisible brain before in a private mod of mine, and the health appears above it. That would look rather odd. Regardless, having 3 real brains instead of 1 invisible real brain and 3 fake ones would be more efficient and better on the AI.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

that big-ass robot that it mentioned requires things like the uber cannon to kill...

Impulse grenades can kill it. from full
Spike launcher shots going off at point blank, gib the entire thing.
anything wedged between the enormous chin and torso, with enough force can simply pop its head off killing it, including rocket proppeled chainsaw.

Revolver cannon doesn't damage it at all really, but can send it flying and flipping around.

It also has fantastic bodyslam powers. walk up to your enemies, stand tall, and start crawling at them, and crush them to death with your GIGA-JAW. I got 180 kills with 1 robot like this. I love it.

Other than that one robot being hugely overpowered, I just love all the pew-pew noises, their perfect.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:37 am
Profile YIM WWW

Impulse can take out pretty much anything made conventionally. Make any actor and pump all its values up to the point that each of them are a full page of 9s and an impulse grenade at point blank will still drop it in a single shot.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
a full page of 9s

That would create an error when starting the game, there's a limit value you can't exceed.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next