View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 B24 Spectator Mode (Now with Editor Battles!) v2.02 

Post Help with spectator mod? (Simplez)
So i got the spectator mod to have some fun watching the AI piss about but it doesn't seem to work?/I don't know how to work it?

I go on Scenario Battle, then select Spectate, then just start the map. It goes onto part of the map but id just froze there... I cant move it or anything? Ive also tried on the player selection, where the CPU is fixed to player 2, tried to select me as player 1, but then it just turns into a normal battle where im controlling my own team?

Am i missing something here? Sorry i only just got the game, and ive known about if for like only 1 day O_o

Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:17 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: B24 Spectator Mode (Now with Editor Battles!) v2.02
I think you have the Build 23 of Cortex Command. This mod is only compatible with B24, which can be found here.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:10 am

Natti wrote:
I think you have the Build 23 of Cortex Command. This mod is only compatible with B24, which can be found here.

Ive already updated to that, still doesnt work D:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:18 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Question, how exactly do you use this?

If I try setting myself as player one, it works and units land by themselves. However, my units don't try to attack or move or anything. If I don't try setting myself at all, I get stuck in observer mode and don't have a clue what to do.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 pm
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
Question, how exactly do you use this?

If I try setting myself as player one, it works and units land by themselves. However, my units don't try to attack or move or anything. If I don't try setting myself at all, I get stuck in observer mode and don't have a clue what to do.

This is almost the exact problem i had..

Instructions or clearer ones would help to show people what to do?

Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Same here, during my Red vs. Green vs. Cyborg Zombies (Who always win) battles, red just sits there and does nothing, while green and the zombies all try to congregate to one area of the map, then they just jump around aiming their guns at the sky.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Jacob/Lee wrote:
Same here, during my Red vs. Green vs. Cyborg Zombies (Who always win) battles, red just sits there and does nothing, while green and the zombies all try to congregate to one area of the map, then they just jump around aiming their guns at the sky.

I cant even get that far. If i put me on one of the teams, its just like a normal match, where i am building stuff and playing, controlled by me, not the AI.

But if i just start with out selecting me on any of the 4 teams, just leaving it all blank (apart from team 2, which is set to CPU), the screen goes into this random part of the sky, saying observer mode, not letting me do anything...

Sucks

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Tibbz2 wrote:
Jacob/Lee wrote:

I cant even get that far. If i put me on one of the teams, its just like a normal match, where i am building stuff and playing, controlled by me, not the AI.

But if i just start with out selecting me on any of the 4 teams, just leaving it all blank (apart from team 2, which is set to CPU), the screen goes into this random part of the sky, saying observer mode, not letting me do anything...

Sucks
Try pressing backspace while in the editor, craft will start coming down from both teams like it would if the game is playing normally. The problem I stated before will happen, though. One disadvantage is you can't control anybody or buy anything, and your spawned units don't do anything since the round technically didn't start. As a bonus, though, you can build anything at any time because you're in the editor.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Jacob/Lee wrote:
Tibbz2 wrote:
Jacob/Lee wrote:

Sucks
Try pressing backspace while in the editor, craft will start coming down from both teams like it would if the game is playing normally. The problem I stated before will happen, though. One disadvantage is you can't control anybody or buy anything, and your spawned units don't do anything since the round technically didn't start. As a bonus, though, you can build anything at any time because you're in the editor.

Hm, but id rather the mod work properly...

Cmon someone must know what to do! Please??

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Tried it in scene editor or whatever, but when i play the game stops responding and closes.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:24 am

The backspace hotkey to do editor battles works, but the mod does not anymore in B25, hitting done building will not let you go anywhere until I've actually placed a brain physically on the map, which makes this kinda pointless. :-(

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 am

I absolutely hate to necro, but will this be made for B25?

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:24 pm

It would be cool to have a league for this mod where each competitor gives their vanilla team custom ai. Winner gets a cash prize, the community gets some killer bots to play against.
J

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 pm

xerxys wrote:
It would be cool to have a league for this mod where each competitor gives their vanilla team custom ai. Winner gets a cash prize, the community gets some killer bots to play against.
J

Thats a win win lose situation for 2 reasons, the competitors win, as they get cash, the community wins, cause they get cool bots, but the modders lose as they use their money for prizes, and the community loses as once you get ahold of the bots or money, you will "EEXXTTEERRRMINAATE!!!!" all mankind. So we all sorta lose but you. lolz.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:49 pm

sam123486 wrote:
I absolutely hate to necro, but will this be made for B25?

It already works, try it.

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next