View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 B24 Spectator Mode (Now with Editor Battles!) v2.02 

Post Re: B24 Spectator Mode (now with Kill Counter) v1.1
So I tried to replace the default weapon and actor spawn lists with weapons and actors from DarkStorm, now the game fails to load Specate.lua (loading stops after loading Index.ini under Spectate.rte).

There aren't any apparent errors, the only difference is the changed weapons and actors, anyone have any idea what is going on? (Or should I post in the DarkStorm thread)

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 am
happy carebear mom

Post Re: B24 Spectator Mode (now with Kill Counter)
Clairvoire wrote:
It seems any sort of 'dropship' type of entity is made to skuttle itself if it capsizes.

Yes, that's right. Currently, the engine is hardcoded to have dropships scuttle if they are inverted at any point, so even if they re-stabilize they still scuttle after being released from manual control.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 am

This is a spiffy mod. Is it a mod? I dunno. It's spiffy though.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:06 am
Profile YIM WWW

You should change the scene's class name, some weird bugs have popped up.
Just change in the ini LuaClassName = SkirmishDefense to Spectator, and replace it in the .lua as well

Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Dsi1 wrote:
So I tried to replace the default weapon and actor spawn lists with weapons and actors from DarkStorm, now the game fails to load Specate.lua (loading stops after loading Index.ini under Spectate.rte).

There aren't any apparent errors, the only difference is the changed weapons and actors, anyone have any idea what is going on? (Or should I post in the DarkStorm thread)

Umm... I'm not sure. CreateAHuman() and CreateHDFirearm() seem to take a second argument after the preset name, specifying the name of the rte (ex. "Spectator.rte"). Vanilla entities seem to load fine without that being specified, but maybe it's needed for extra modded in ones?

mail2345 wrote:
You should change the scene's class name, some weird bugs have popped up.
Just change in the ini LuaClassName = SkirmishDefense to Spectator, and replace it in the .lua as well

Done!

Also, version 2 of this thing is up. No more jury rigged crates to deal with at all (thank Dauss for that)
Put a few hotkeys in too. If you hit backspace, it'll begin everything while you're still in the editor (can't seem to go back to the editor though, it's like the game's gears just start grinding, so once you leave the editor, backspace does nothing)

Also cleaned up the .lua file, so it actually has indentation now! Haha

Anywho, hope you guys enjoy

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: B24 Spectator Mode (Now with Editor Battles!) v2.01
Keep this up and I can see you becoming one of the forum's elite! Excellent work so far.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Excellent work with this mod. This provides a no-hassle way to demonstrate what makes CC fun to friends. No digging through the buy menu, just press start and we are ready to go. Thanks for this.

Now, to make this work with 4 AI-controlled teams.

I tried using the Moar Friends mod (allowing CPU blue and yellow teams) along with this by unlocking the CPU team in the index file, but they were still spawning neutrally, along with a plethora of other glitches.

If you could implement the ability to have all four teams going at the same time, all CPU controlled, that would be marvelous. And not just any old marvelous, you have to say it right, "MAAHVELOUSH".

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Clairvoire wrote:
Dsi1 wrote:

Umm... I'm not sure. CreateAHuman() and CreateHDFirearm() seem to take a second argument after the preset name, specifying the name of the rte (ex. "Spectator.rte"). Vanilla entities seem to load fine without that being specified, but maybe it's needed for extra modded in ones?

I added "DarkStorm.rte" to lines 231, 233, 234 and lines 287, 290, 291 like this:
Code:
CreateAHuman(self.AList[math.random(#self.AList)],"DarkStorm.rte");

AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm(self.WList[math.random(#self.WList)]),"DarkStorm.rte");

The game launches properly now, but when I start the game mode the AI is inactive. (Using v2.01)

Do I need to specify "DarkStorm.rte" anywhere else? I didn't notice anything with my limited knowledge of Lua

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:08 am

Why does this keep on spamming/printing print:0 in the console?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:03 am

hax wrote:
Why does this keep on spamming/printing print:0 in the console?

... ... *facepalm* fix'd!

Sorry about that! I had left a print() command in while I was debugging. Had several others, this one though managed to slip paste me when I removed them. Thanks for letting me know!

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:34 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: B24 Spectator Mode (Now with Editor Battles!) v2.02
Love the mod! I love how you can toggle automatic spawning, came in handy while trying to avoid some lag on Nuts! difficulty, heh. :oops:

However, I'd like to ask something. If I want to, say, make it so units spawn with UniTec weapons or something, what would I modify in the LUA code to do that? Bear in mind, I'm not a LUA guru, so please try not to get too technical. Never mind, I figured it out. ^^

But even still, I really love the mod, it's lots of fun not having to deal with buying my own units. :-o I also do have a suggestion; maybe there's a way to force a certain team to spawn?

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:47 pm

My thanks. My computer now groans under the weight of several dozen crashed dropships.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:11 am

Thank you very very much. This is what I've wanted to see in CC for a long time!

Though I find that i can't leave the keyboard to watch the battle while doing other stuff because the brain is in the sky. Could there be an invisible spectator node that you can move around with your wasd keys so that you can leave it at wherever you want to spectate?

It make things simpler than placing actors in concrete tombs all around the map.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:19 am

okay, now, this may have already been addressed, but is it at all possible to have control over both teams? so you can just place actors and etc like in the scene editor? (as far as teams go)

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:35 am
Profile WWW

My hats off to you. Truley a pleasure to have yet another mod to make CC even better.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next