View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Superheavy dropship: The Bethesda 

Superheavy dropship: The Bethesda
(Update 9/26: Now with turrets!)

Altan Logistics special report:
Subj. : To all our loyal customers.

Greetings, everyone, from Altan Logistics corporation. Rumors of the CEO's death have been highly over-exaggerated and Altani Logistics Corporation is back on track!

We at AL Co. would like to take a moment to thank our loyal customers for sticking with us! At this time, we'd also like to feature a little foreword to our more eccentric frontiersmen buying long-haul from the Berra-distances:

(You can take off the tinfoil hats now. And, yes, you can now laugh in the face of everyone who thought we went the way of the dinosaur. Though, no, once again, our CEO WASN'T abducted by Elvis impersonators from Mars, as many of you theorized.)

Now that greetings have been well and truly covered, Altani Logistics would like to reveal its latest product.

Introducing the Coalition BT-11 "Bethesda"

BT-11 "Bethesda"
Coalition Heavy Transport

Our test pilots have affectionately nicknamed her "The Big Mama," with good reason.

With its release, the Bethesda has broken all records for size in the conventional dropship class of transorbital vehicles. With her specially designed Mega-fan engines, she'll lift anything you throw in her cargo hold to orbit and back without breaking a sweat.

If you would please direct your attention to the link attached to the above image, you'll be treated to some footage of a successful landing of an MPAM by our test craft, lacking most of her final paint scheme. The heavy chassis was courtesy of Alteisen Arsenal Labs. Such a versatile chassis is easily handled by the Bethesda and is, indeed, her best use at this point. Because the craft was expressly tested with a chassis as large and heavy as the MPAM, results with lighter troops may vary.

She was commissioned directly by the Coalition as part of a hitherto classified military project. We'll go as far in this publication as to say they'd like to lift something very big and scary. We at Altan Logistics are extremely pleased to have participated in this collaborative venture. We hope it will bring us closer to becoming an effective fosterer of goodwill. As always, we're Altan Logistics Corporation, making these explode bigger, brighter and faster.

Good evening, everyone! And thank you for ordering Altani!

Code:
26 SEP. 09
-Two small defense turrets have been fitted to the sides!
-New turrets are player controlable, allowing for multiple players to "crew" a vehcile."
27 APR.
-Gibbing for the Bethesda is mostly complete.
21 APR.
-Recolored the ship to more fit the coalition style. Some gibs added for the center base gib.
-Rudimentary gibbing added. Lower level gibs not yet completed.

[Attached to this message, you'll find a link to our current stand-alone release of the Bethesda. The new model is (mostly) stable and is crash proof (until it hits something or gets shot at enough times.) We regret to inform our customers that Bobo the clown suffered a terrible flower squirter accident while providing data for the crash proofing operations. Bobo will always be in the hearts of Altan Logistics and her employees.]

Attachments:
CoalitionDropShip.rte.zip [432.7 KiB]
Downloaded 5760 times

Last edited by AaronLee on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:54 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Superheavy dropship: The Bethesda
:O Awesome sprite!
Gonna use it now.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:03 am
Profile WWW

Kickass mod =3

Sprite looks great too =3

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Too bad, it has no gibs :(
Awesome sprite !

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:42 pm

This looks cool.
BTW, are you that dude that made the rail turret?
If so, can you revive it?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Glad everyone's elated. Yeah, the gibs are coming Soon(tm.) And, yes, I'm the guy who made the huge railgun. How much trouble would it be upgrading b18 mods? If it wouldn't be too bad I'll likely update the thing for the current version.

So anyway, expect some epic gibbing, assuming I understand it like I think I do.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

B18-B20 conversions are very simple, as long as you didn't rely on some bug or glitch that's been fixed now.

Also, no download until this has gibs.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Dude, this is pretty sweet, gibs or no. I want a mech or walking tank in this style! Nay, I demand it, AaronLee.
Start crackin'.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:29 pm

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Dude, this is pretty sweet, gibs or no. I want a mech or walking tank in this style! Nay, I demand it, AaronLee.
Start crackin'.

Right right (puts nose to the grindstone). I was actually planning on doing some kind of behemoth. I'm not telling what yet, though. Honestly, though, it's going to be a load more work because of legs etc.

Also, Trouser' I just added the base gibs. I'm also likely going to add some subgibs and a lot more explosionyness.

wutangfan1990 has also just informed me that my turrets were part of the big conversion pack. I haven't been able to put much time into looking it up myself but it shouldn't be too hard, I hope. Hopefully my overcharge mode doesn't inexplicably crash the game like it occasionally used to. Anyway, thanks to wutangfan1990. Altan Logistics Co. lives by Wu Tang Financial's motto: "diversify yo' bonds, ni#@a."

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:14 pm
Profile WWW

I regret to inform you this ship is too ♥♥♥♥ epic for me to handle.

None the less, I'm going to download it.

Then ♥♥♥♥♥ about the name, because that seems to be the only thing wrong with it.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Well, strictly speaking, it's by no means to largest ever dropship, but it IS pretty big.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:08 pm

very nice, I like. Like the style too, and I agree with the Fat Sand Rat that you should make a mech. With your skills it shouldn't be to extremely difficult.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Need coalition color scheme, but still epic :D

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:07 am

H-H-HOLY CRAP fudge SEMI 3D SPRITE IN CC!!!!!!!
OMFG!!!!
I'm gonna go hide in a corner now

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:11 am

Jox =3 wrote:
Need coalition color scheme, but still epic :D

I used coalition green from the trooper's helmet. Too gray?

Also, how does "Basilisk" sound for a new name?

As far as mechs go, I'd have to meticulusly make all the seperate limb sprites and such. The porspect currently scares me. I'll likely try and see what I might do to make something like that huge turret that was on bthe devlog way back when, the walking tank. But I MAKE NO PROMISES! lol

Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next