View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Air Support (R10: 2014-04-19) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Air Support (R10: 2014-04-19)
Air Support

Animated Gifs: UAV Gunship

Release eight: Updated to B30 of Cortex Command.

This is not a tech, but a contains two missions; Air Assault and Verdun, eight UAVs, two gunships, a transport ship, four AA turrets and an automated mortar turret.

UAV: When the spawn unit has arrived, select it and use the movement keys to pick a direction. Up/down or the scroll wheel cycles through the UAVs and the fire key launch the selected version. The UAV will always spawn without inventory. The gold cost of any inventory will be returned to you at spawn. Usage of all ordnance will reduce the value of a UAV by 50-100 oz of gold. Increase the throttle by pressing and holding the up key. Drop bombs/Fire rockets with the crouch key. Fire machine guns with the fire key.

Turrets: The Anti Aircraft turrets can't be controlled by the player. A turret will automatically track and engage any enemy above itself using scripts. Laser turrets will attempt to shoot down Jericho missiles, cluster bombs and fuel air bombs. All turrets except the SAM site in one team are controlled by a turret control unit. Without this unit the turrets will not fire. The SAM site is delivered in a special drop crate found in the crafts menu.

Gunship: The gunship have limited ammo, but can land on a special bunker-module to rearm and repair. Play the mission Gunship tutorial to learn how to use it. Game-pads are not yet supported (I don't have one, so I can't test).

Transport: The transport move more like a helicopter than a dropship and it carries a machine gun. Tripple-tap down to open/close the hatch.

Credits
Grif: The original airplane and gibs.
MetalSlugSprites.net: Metal Slug sprites.
Darlos9D: The method used to display custom icons and for the idea of making aerodynamic lift depend on the speed if the aircraft.
Zalo and 411570N3: The mini-map idea.
Deathbringer: Jericho Missile.
Lambda: UAV-J sprite.
Cheesemonkey: Fuel Air Bomb.
PhantomAGN and Lhowon: Fuel Air Bomb bug fix help.
numgun: Gunship sprite, ideas, suggestions and general problem solver.
Lizard: Mortar sprite.
Roon3: Drop pod sprite (kind of).
MaximDude: The rotating thing inside the landing pad and the enemy brain in the Verdun mission.
Samohan25: Ideas, suggestions and play testing. UAV spawn method.
KaZak: Transport sprites.
Mad Alex: Communication.

Please feel free to use my code for whatever you want.

Attachments:
File comment: 2014-04-19 for B30
Air_Support_R10.zip [1.14 MiB]
Downloaded 5506 times

Last edited by Abdul Alhazred on Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Post Re: Air Support R1 (B24)
Yea bring it all together baby!

I still find the UAV somewhat hard to control but I guess that might be me.

Keep up the good work.

Hey do you think you could make a bomber like one of those stealths? Or even one of the AC-130 classes?

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:17 pm

It would be neat to have something that is coded to continuously fly across the map and gun down things on the ground but it'd be too impractical considering how often it'd probably crash into incoming craft.

Still, this is the best quality you're getting for planes and such.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

killionaire wrote:
It would be neat to have something that is coded to continuously fly across the map and gun down things on the ground but it'd be too impractical considering how often it'd probably crash into incoming craft.
I made one of those, Hobbesy even made a sprite for me, but it was't any fun to use. And then I lost the code for it somehow.

LeonXross wrote:
I still find the UAV somewhat hard to control but I guess that might be me.
The UAVs simply don't fit CC. You need an x-resolution above 1k pixels to use them IMO.

Nonsequitorian wrote:
Oh, and even though this is pretty irrelevant, but I'll ask anyway since it's on my mind, doesn't the rolling barrel bomb roll the wrong way? I always thought they should spin backwards when they are used on a dam in a lake so it could skip along and then spin down onto the bottom of the damn and not strait over it.
I'm not sure how the dambuster bombs worked, but the rolling bombs move over terrain by rolling so they need to spin forwards. It is actually inspired by some failed mine clearing device.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:11 pm

I can see how that sprite wouldn't really fit.. Turret is just too big.

And yeah, I can also see how you didn't like the idea.. Not really fun to have something like this do all the work for you.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Just another day, watching Abdul pump out high quality content.
The gunships are, as usual, brilliant to fly, and the drones, cruise missile and turret work wondrously.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:50 am

killionaire wrote:
It would be neat to have something that is coded to continuously fly across the map and gun down things on the ground

Sounds like an AC-130 (which would be pretty awesome to have)

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:50 am

I'd really like to have some control over some of the extra stuff such as the mortar. But that's up to you.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 am

Minor bug with the verdum scene:
The craft spawners try to create "Drop Ship MK1a".

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:40 am

Firing rockets with the Hydra forces the nose down after the first one or two. Is that intentional? As it is, it makes flying and firing at the same time rather annoying.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:07 am

Nice work the best plane mod ever keep up the good work and i agree a ac130 would be nice just make it drop troops as well :D

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:28 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

mail2345 wrote:
Minor bug with the verdum scene:
The craft spawners try to create "Drop Ship MK1a".
Thanks mail, that looks like a mission breaking bug.

ROFLtheWAFL wrote:
Firing rockets with the Hydra forces the nose down after the first one or two. Is that intentional? As it is, it makes flying and firing at the same time rather annoying.
Thanks, I had not noticed this and it is not intentional. I think the emissions from the rockets or the back-blast move the gunship somehow.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:29 am

I believe you need anti flip measures on your uav and gunship, right now they flip every time i use them

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Try practicing flying them. They might be hard to use initially, but this allows for complex manouevres.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Air Support R2 (B24)
If only the gunship looked like the Phoenix VTOL then I would download for sure, but thats ok cant get everything i want. :(

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next