View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Air Support (R10: 2014-04-19) 

Post Re: Air Support (Transport: 2011-03-27)
woo a transport i always thought the gunship should have a hatch on the back

also it would be pretty cool if the transport dropped the box thing

Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 pm

There are two problems I am having with this mod.

The controls in terms of movements and the opening/closing of the hatch of the transport doesn't work easily. I have to spam the S for 10 seconds for it to open. The movements are way too touchy for my tastes and I end up spending more time trying to balance than actually focusing on the mission.

Is it possible to make the controls like these?
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19030&hilit=phoenix

I love the death sequence for the transport btw.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:25 pm

IMO I prefer how the transport just crashes rather than gets turned into itty bitty fragments like everything else.

Also I get one bug with the transport. If I use it like a normal dropship and let the AI fly it in, unload and fly out, the doors on the dropship never actually open. If I take control midway the doors are backwards. I can scoop up and drop units when the doors and closed and visa-versa.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

DannyBoyYeh wrote:
IMO I prefer how the transport just crashes rather than gets turned into itty bitty fragments like everything else.

Also I get one bug with the transport. If I use it like a normal dropship and let the AI fly it in, unload and fly out, the doors on the dropship never actually open. If I take control midway the doors are backwards. I can scoop up and drop units when the doors and closed and visa-versa.
The way the transport crash was KaZak's idea, and I think it turned out really well. But it isn't completely unproblematic since it can settle in to terrain in really strange ways sometimes and doesn't have a crash sound as Mad Alex pointed out.

Thanks for the bug report. I haven't been able to find a way to detect when the AI opens the cargo doors with Lua, so this bug will probably be around until B25.

LeonXross wrote:
The controls in terms of movements and the opening/closing of the hatch of the transport doesn't work easily. I have to spam the S for 10 seconds for it to open. The movements are way too touchy for my tastes and I end up spending more time trying to balance than actually focusing on the mission.
Thanks for another bug report. It turns out that the code for detecting double-taps does not work very well when the game lags.

The controls are a bit twitchy, and there is certainly room for improvements, but this is actually intentional. It may be difficult at first but the maneuverability is much better this way.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 am

Ah gotcha. I'll just keep using it until I get the hang of it.
Its just kind of weird trying to keep it in the air while double tapping.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 am

There are a couple of a things I want to suggest.

First of all when extending the landing gears for the dropship and landing it on a landing pad it should stay landed until you say otherwise. Too many a time I have swapped control from my gunship only for it to take off again.

Also, if not then it should definately have an improved hovering technique. If you don't touch the keys while in control the gunship hovers perfectly. If you let the AI hover they repeatedly drop and rise which looks appauling especially at the degree they do it.

Otherwise this mod is brilliant. Keep up the good work.

EDIT:
As I said, great greeat mod. This will be a keeper for me.
I do have one more small grind though. The Two Forts map is excellent. However, the AI will always spawn in my base. Never their own. I tried swapping bases. They did the same. It made all the pretty mortars and stuff I set up pointless. :'(

Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

DannyBoyYeh wrote:
First of all when extending the landing gears for the dropship and landing it on a landing pad it should stay landed until you say otherwise. Too many a time I have swapped control from my gunship only for it to take off again.

Also, if not then it should definately have an improved hovering technique. If you don't touch the keys while in control the gunship hovers perfectly. If you let the AI hover they repeatedly drop and rise which looks appauling especially at the degree they do it.
The dropships in CC are hard-coded to explode if they don't move around enough. The strange hovering is a safety mechanism to stop this from happening (the first version of the gunship would explode if you left it on the pad). We will have more control over the AI in B25, so this won't be a problem then.

DannyBoyYeh wrote:
I do have one more small grind though. The Two Forts map is excellent. However, the AI will always spawn in my base. Never their own. I tried swapping bases. They did the same. It made all the pretty mortars and stuff I set up pointless. :'(
Did you play it in Skirmish Defense mode? Because thats the expected behavior (also hard-coded).

Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 am

Well, played this masterpiece for a week, and I had found a bug: somehow when i spawned the mortar in Skirmish Defense, it won't fire at enemies. But when I start dropping troops with the Transport, the mortar starts barraging the ground with a volley of about 8-10 shots, then it functions as normal. Any solution? (Because I have created a Mortar Dropper like the SAM, and I want to use it in custom missions like Dummy Assault, but the bug may cause some delay to my Soviet-style plan and that makes me frustrated)

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:58 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

alexglitch wrote:
Well, played this masterpiece for a week, and I had found a bug: somehow when i spawned the mortar in Skirmish Defense, it won't fire at enemies. But when I start dropping troops with the Transport, the mortar starts barraging the ground with a volley of about 8-10 shots, then it functions as normal.
Seems like my last update broke the mortar script somehow. Download R5 for a fix. Thanks for reporting it!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:12 am

Post Re: Air Support (Bug Fix: 2011-04-15)
Hello, I received an error (the same one I received in another mod http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=21421) but I will get an error message which crashes the game when loading. This is on a vanilla game version which is up to the latest build. Help please?

Here is error message I get:

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:58 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You have most likely made some change to Coalition.rte. Try reinstalling B24.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
You have most likely made some change to Coalition.rte. Try reinstalling B24.

Already done, problem was I was running wrong build, all has been fixed, thank you anyway.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 pm

I like this mod, my only complaint is that the transport and gunship are very prone to flipping forward when throttling and they get destroyed instantly if thet even tap the ground. Really annoying stuff when there were 5 guys with MGs fighting cyborg zombies on board.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:33 am

I had seen this mod before, but never took the time to check it out. At this point, I'm going back and testing every mod on these forums that I haven't tested yet. I'm only keeping the mods that I like very much and I use frequently, and Air Support has made it onto that list. The controls take some getting used to, but once you've gotten the hang of everything it feels natural. Thank you very much for this mod, I'm looking forward to it's potential with B25. Nice job!

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:01 pm
Profile WWW

This is B24 compatible and I presume that the download link on the Datarealms website gives out B24 yet I get some sort of error message about a revolver cannon as seen above but if its all B24 what can be wrong with my revolver cannon scripts?

Edit: Yes and omigosh Im suprised with the lack of B24 on websiteynesism :-?

Last edited by Spider101 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next