View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Tiberium Mod Extended 

Tiberium Mod Extended
I am just continuing a mod started by Commodore111. I do not take credit for any of it, All I'm doing is updating it and De-lagging it based on comments on the mod. This is the first mod thing i have ever posted so don't take it easy when posting problems bugs and things about the mod rebuild. Again basically all the credit goes to Commodore111 for allowing me to release this to the pubic.

This is the photo from Commodore111's mod. http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19084

(Things done so far)
-Removed sparks from Tiberium completely
-Attempted to make skirmish with meteors
-Created brain for Tiberium

(Things planned for future)
-Bringing back blue Tiberium -Almost out-
-A skirmish game (With Tiberium based units and crafts) -needs help-
-Adding red Tiberium -soon-
-Making it mine-able -needs help-
-A group other then Tiberium that's immune to Tiberium's effects -soon-
-Tiberium as a playable group :???:
-Making Tiberium Target balloon crabs (and anything else people suggests) -Soon-

(Bugs found)
-Makeshift skirmish crashing game -removed for now- -Can somebody make it work for me? All the files are in the mod-
-Range of infection is lowered
-Brain weak to fire and high mass rounds (Although the mass weakness is more of a feature)

(Credits)
That's to help from none sparks are completely removed.

Attachments:
File comment: V 5.1
Delagged a little
Floaters still make sparks,Meteor still makes sparks,

TiberiumE.rte.rar [267.19 KiB]
Downloaded 922 times
File comment: V 5.2
Removed some spark emitters
(bug: No longer infects actors)

TiberiumE2.rte.rar [269.35 KiB]
Downloaded 804 times
File comment: V 5.3
Attempted to fix infection
(bug: Does no damage at all but doesn't lag in large amounts)

TiberiumE3.rte.rar [269.38 KiB]
Downloaded 463 times
File comment: V 5.35
A quick fix until the main update this one still has sparks but makes them invisible and have no mass.

TiberiumE4.rte.rar [269.28 KiB]
Downloaded 585 times
File comment: V5.36
Still has invisible sparks but with new brain and bunker buster.

TiberiumE5.rte.rar [275.07 KiB]
Downloaded 638 times
File comment: V 5.4
Updated no longer has sparks.

TiberiumE6.rte.rar [304.14 KiB]
Downloaded 3699 times

Last edited by ludsoe on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:08 am, edited 15 times in total.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:32 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Tiberium Mod Reborn
I'd reccomend changing the title of the topic to something else, like Tiberium Mod Expanision or Extension.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:54 am

Post Re: Tiberium Mod Reborn
Lizard wrote:
I'd reccomend changing the title of the topic to something else, like Tiberium Mod Expanision or Extension.

Done. Sorry about that :P

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:59 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Tiberium Mod Extended
Heh it's okay, nice job btw, I'm sure a lot of people are going to enjoy a less laggy version of tiberium.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 am

Storyline idea for skirmish: (A section of the Tradestar has been hit by a meteor containing Tiberium. They have quarantined the infected section but survivors are attempting to escape using rockets and drop pods. Although the drop pod chutes are infected with Tiberium, when the pods enter the atmosphere of the planet the people inside are already mutated and the pod is covered in Tiberium. When they launch drop ships and rockets tiny chunks of Tiberium latch onto them infecting the ship and its crew. Unfortunately you recently placed your brain bunker in a zone that's being bombarded by infected pods and rockets.)

So what do you think? To make this work Ill need vanilla craft covered in Tiberium, I'm a bad spriter so i do ask you guys do this for me.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 am

Looks great

-A skirmish game (With Tiberium based units and crafts) A harvester is necessary(cannot be infected)
-Making it mine-able(that'll be much more fun!Expecting this)

also blue Tiber can expolde(maybe not so wise because of lag)

maybe some day it can "expand' to CC(command & conquer haha)MOD

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:45 pm

This Tiberium is sorta declawed for now, the lua uses the sparks as a way to target actors. I was blind to this for the updates but the next one will target from the Tiberium itself.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:24 pm

I already kind of did this on my own, but all I actually did was remove the effects from the sparks. The computer still thinks they're there, so I guess I'll give your mod a try, see if it helps things along.

And yes, I'll be thrilled if you bring back the blue tiberium in a more stable form. That stuff is wicked fun to watch, but it drags the timescale to 0.05 or so after just a few cycles.

*EDIT*

Okay, there seems to be something wrong here. The tiberium "seeds" don't turn to crystals anymore. They just "die" and turn into harmless gibs. The crystals themselves (and the meteor) still blow up properly, but there's no way for the stuff to propagate.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:27 pm

I tried removing the sparks entirely but there's some issues retaining completely to the lua being based on the sparks. Ill post a quick fix with invisible sparks until i get the lua to target the Tiberium actors.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:05 pm

I've got a suggestion that could help with the lag:

First a little background; In C&C 95 and TS, tiberium was in a form that budded from a small plant-like bulb that would absorb minerals and convert them into the tiberium crystals you then see. The C&C 3 variant is strictly speaking a crystal formation that breaks down all forms of matter.

The original form never got too densely packed for the same reasons trees don't, because individual formations would leach up too many minerals for another crystal right next to it to be viable, so they'd spread out a little more. And of course Tiberium was just as toxic and mutagenic as ever, probably moreso.

Basically, set the tiberium to not grow within a set radius (Not too large, though) of another crystal. Furthermore, if you could make it a static entity at rest, and only move if it receives damage or is initially placed/dropped, that would help preventing any future terrainrape.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:56 am
Profile WWW

Jeffman12 wrote:
Basically, set the tiberium to not grow within a set radius (Not too large, though) of another crystal. Furthermore, if you could make it a static entity at rest, and only move if it receives damage or is initially placed/dropped, that would help preventing any future terrainrape.

Its not that the Tiberium itself is terrain rapping because of its mass and sharpness, Its cause the blue Tiberium loves to dig down creating a pit. Now imagine tons of Tiberium in the pit, None of the Tiberium will escape from the pit due to its deepness.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:02 am

Red tiberium?
Which one did that exist in.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:38 am

dragonxp wrote:
Red tiberium?
Which one did that exist in.

I read about in a wiki, here let me throw up a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberium

Great source of information.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

Red Tiberium was always speculatory, Westwood would constantly hint at it but never really do anything with it. Finally EALA included it in C&C 4 as a campaign only variety.

In TS: Firestorm, the mission given by CABAL to assassinate Tratos, you will find him near a sample of the substance(Functionally inert so it's little more than level decoration) When you infiltrate his lab with your forces, it will be visible.

Red Tiberium, as well as other planned/removed features were present in partial coding inside the data files of Tiberian Sun. Some such things were repurposed, like the chem trooper, instead of having a role in the gameplay, the unit became a placeholder for Nod's Cluster and Chemical Missile firing mechanics.

I have nothing against the inclusion of it. I think it's a great idea, and it's always fun to have a type of Tiberium that behaves differently from the 'garden variety'.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Well random red tib that never made it into games yay...

Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next