View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Tiberium Mod Extended 

Post Re: Tiberium Mod Extended
bioemerl wrote:
you could make tiberium stop growing over certain areas that it has already infested, (it ate all recources that were there). Anyway this is about ludsoles mod

oh crap you made the mod!!!?!?!?!!

never mind, I didn't look and was slightly mad that you copied ludsole and edited the tiberium mod also, but YOU MADE THE ORIGINAL
lol, big mistake by me

Yeah funny isnt it. :P Anyways he beat me to the fix.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:19 am

hey, keep up your work also.....

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:01 am

This makes me think some kind of environment mod for cortex command would be good, im really sick of a few hills covered in dirt and some grass. Good mod over all, except once it spreads everywhere it lags a bit.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:20 am

well, I can't wait for the final product. often times, I'll set up two sonic fences to make a tiberium obsacle for opponents, then find that either 1: a root went waaay off, and into a cave, or 2: a tiberium bit hopped the fence, and causes annoying levels of lag by having a huge amount grown everywhere I'm not looking by the time I notice. on rare occasions, I have noticed tiberium just sinking. it just destroys the ground it's on for a few seconds, then just falls through and dissapears. sometimes, it will start destroying ground again and make a pocket underground. is this even somewhat normal or common?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:46 pm

James000000000 wrote:
This makes me think some kind of environment mod for cortex command would be good, im really sick of a few hills covered in dirt and some grass. Good mod over all, except once it spreads everywhere it lags a bit.

yes, I agree, an environment mod or implimentation would be awesome! just picture it: forests, deserts, volcanic areas, mountains, beaches, oceans, swamps... the possibilities are huge! plus, things like rain, snow, hail, fog, ect. man, just imagine a battle between a swamp base of yours and an infiltrating enemy squadron, battling in fog too thick to see more than a few feet, a conflict in a frigid open tundra, or even better: a great battle between troops in space, or on a moon, thus fighting in little to no gravity, bent on destroying the opposing side's starships or sattelites! if such things come to be... WE SHALL EXPERIENCE A 2-D DOSAGE OF PURE EPIC, GRATUITOUSLY COATED IN WIN!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:02 pm

Ludsoe, any estimation of when you will be working on this again, or is it dead?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:50 pm

My dream has come true. :D

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 am

David Rodrigov wrote:
Ludsoe, any estimation of when you will be working on this again, or is it dead?

I will not let it die, its just taking forever to find a way to limit the Tiberium growth in a area. I have some ideas that I'm currently working with but need more work.

Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:22 am

ludsoe wrote:
David Rodrigov wrote:

I will not let it die, its just taking forever to find a way to limit the Tiberium growth in a area. I have some ideas that I'm currently working with but need more work.

Maybe use individual tiberium Lua script to modify a value in the next iteration of tib, so you could track how many generations of tib have passed. Then, you could say something like "if tib's generation is more than 300 and there's more than x tib in the scene then stop making tib babies".

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

carriontrooper wrote:
Maybe use individual tiberium Lua script to modify a value in the next iteration of tib, so you could track how many generations of tib have passed. Then, you could say something like "if tib's generation is more than 300 and there's more than x tib in the scene then stop making tib babies".

Actually that's not a bad idea. Now just to make it. :D

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 am

What could be done I suppose is to make the tiberium limit itself, perhaps through occasionally settling all nearby tiberium?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:05 am
Profile WWW

I think I should know this, but do visceroids and floaters do anything? They just sit there and get shot at.

Also, this mod is awfully laggy. I placed some at the start of a Spectator round and within about 2 minutes I was lagging a bunch.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:55 am

you could make it that tiberium actually kills itself.

So that way in small amounts it kills little of itself, but as the amt grows the killing-growing keeps balancing till its 50-50, and by then there should be a sparce growth over the entire area, not to dence to make lag, but not to thinn to be UP,

Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:40 am

bioemerl wrote:
you could make it that tiberium actually kills itself.

So that way in small amounts it kills little of itself, but as the amt grows the killing-growing keeps balancing till its 50-50, and by then there should be a sparce growth over the entire area, not to dence to make lag, but not to thinn to be UP,

The tiberium does kill itself, that's how it spreads it gibs into smaller chunks of itself

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 am

I'd love to see visceroids and mutants in CC. Shoot me if either of them are already included.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next