View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Crobotech Beta 3.2 

Post Re: Crobotech Beta 3.1
Personally I think they are at a completely balanced survivability right now. The heavies are a little [i]too,/i tough, if anything.

I think the mod is perfectly matched against Vanilla as-is, and balanced in everything except maybe a couple prices and the explosives (kinda weak).

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:24 am

capnbubs wrote:
whitty wrote:
Hey uhh bubsy, I dunno if it's been mentioned at all in here cuz I'm not going to read through all the pages, but, activities is broken.

Yea I know, that activities is really old, haven't made a new one yet. In fact I may just remove it and include a config file for the Mod Manager

I, personally, would much rather get an activities file.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hey capnbubs, I see you are making the Crobos go back to their roots, but hey there are a few things you may have not remembered.

Crobo clones Strom Troopers are literally armored clones, crobo clones are probably cyborgs, normal crobos are proto brains in a robotic body, and I think Techy Crobos are completely ( and obviously ) robotic ( and have force fields ) .

If I may, you said something about Redemption, the Crimson Brothers and the Lost and Found, but that was probably an offhand "I may do it".
EDIT 1 :: Yeah if the wipes hasn't destroyed the topic, it explains most of what the hell I just mentioned new boys.
EDIT 2 :: Apparently capnbubs took down the Crobo Technologies History Thread ( :: Reach Out and Hurt Someone :: ) , and is rewriting it.
EDIT 3 :: Yeah looking at beta 2, I think the crobo storm troopers are the armored clones.

Anyways I'll see if my complaints were fixed...

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:22 am

yo, i cant pick up dem nades. They sure do blow my guys feet off pretty good though <_<
I think it makes more sense for the exposed skin on the head to be at the back though, since most of the enemy fire is coming from the front, just from a design perspective :P
capnbubs wrote:
I'll keep balancing the weapons as I see fit, I'm testing against vanilla content and balancing it to be fun for myself. I'm also toughening up the weapons a lot, the problem is that my weapon sprites are very big and tend to be hit instead of the actor a lot of the time.
Seems like the jointstrength is a little low too, if you missed it. My guys keep dropping their guns when I'm up close to the enemy due to the horribly high impulses of MO-MO collisions.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This mod rocks. It's so amazing and unbelievable and nice and... and...

IT'S THE BEST!

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:47 am

Foa wrote:
Hey capnbubs, I see you are making the Crobos go back to their roots, but hey there are a few things you may have not remembered.

Crobo clones Strom Troopers are literally armored clones, crobo clones are probably cyborgs, normal crobos are proto brains in a robotic body,

and I think Techy Crobos are completely ( and obviously ) robotic ( and have force fields ) .

If I may, you said something about Redemption, the Crimson Brothers and the Lost and Found, but that was probably an offhand "I may do it".
EDIT 1 :: Yeah if the wipes hasn't destroyed the topic, it explains most of what the hell I just mentioned new boys.
EDIT 2 :: Apparently capnbubs took down the Crobo Technologies History Thread ( :: Reach Out and Hurt Someone :: ) , and is rewriting it.
EDIT 3 :: Yeah looking at beta 2, I think the crobo storm troopers are the armored clones.

Anyways I'll see if my complaints were fixed...

I may be older than the majority of data realms but I'm not senile just yet thank you.

I took that history thread down because I wanted to change a load of it as my direction with the mod changed. I definitely still intend to add the crimson brothers at some point, and if I do the Lost and Found it'll be as a separate mod.

The light and heavy units in the mod now are standard Crobos with the only organic part being the brain. The only reason I made the storm troopers cyborgs was so I could play around with blood effects... but it doesn't really make sense from the Crobotech Mother Brain's perspective, her robots are far superior and more reliable than any fleshy meatbags. :D

Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Sorry I'm late for the party. But still, I'm overwhelmed just by seeing this thread.

The artillery behemoth, the weapon determined appearances are all great, just great, very great. I enjoyed this mod a lot.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Ok it seems the problem with some of the weapons not working correctly is caused by the DeltaTime setting in settings.ini

If you have it set to DeltaTime = 0.0166667 which is the default setting the weapons should all function as intended.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 pm

The tank feels pretty useless when it cant traverse steep terrain. Is there any way the legs could be made more durable and a jetpack added?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
The tank feels pretty useless when it cant traverse steep terrain. Is there any way the legs could be made more durable and a jetpack added?

The legs should be very durable, unfortunately it seems to be an error in CC that causes them to gib too easily, I've set all the joint strengths and gib impulses very high. The tank itself is supposed to be deployed strategically and strike from a distance, I'll think about adding a jetpack but it's not really something i'm that keen on.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 pm

capnbubs wrote:
I'll think about adding a jetpack but it's not really something i'm that keen on.

Like I suggested earlier, a jump jet rather than a jetpack.
Have it angled at 30 degrees (Like so / ) so whenever you use it you get propelled forward instead of just up.
Plus, from experience, jetpacks and ACrabs are not good friends.
You're probably going to end up killing the tank than getting it up a ledge.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:08 pm

MaximDude wrote:
capnbubs wrote:
I'll think about adding a jetpack but it's not really something i'm that keen on.

Like I suggested earlier, a jump jet rather than a jetpack.
Have it angled at 30 degrees (Like so / ) so whenever you use it you get propelled forward instead of just up.
Plus, from experience, jetpacks and ACrabs are not good friends.
You're probably going to end up killing the tank than getting it up a ledge.

It feels wrong to me having something like that on such a large unit, it kind of negates the heavy plodding feel I held important in the design.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:23 pm

I agree. I just get a vanilla dropship if I really feel the need to move the tank around. Pick 'er up, drop 'er back down!

I remember Crobotech Beta 2 and I goddamned loved it. They were a good bit overpowered back then compared to vanilla, I loved to use them as the enemy and built crazy impossible defenses using other mods like AAL and DarKlone to prevent the onslaught of the evil cyborg army. I never could keep them at bay, always had to resort to nuclear weapons to stop 'em.

Beta 3 is much more balanced and polished. The unis shrug of most munitions, but still fall prey to many others. I remember outfitting all my coalition troops with revolver cannons and bazookas because those were all that could take down the crobotech units back in beta 2. Now, while they still can shrug off small arms, laser and kinetic based munitions shred them apart, balancing their use out much more.

I love how the unit customization works. I would love to know what the 'tech' item in the .ini is, and I'd love to see the dropship. Your spriting is as always fantastic.

Crobotech was one of my favorite mods for several builds and its great to see them back and better than ever.

But for the love of god, give us an activities! And I think it's been long enough that you can bring it out of Beta, haha.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile YIM

capnbubs wrote:
Ok it seems the problem with some of the weapons not working correctly is caused by the DeltaTime setting in settings.ini.
If this is Lua based you can get around it by using TimerMan.DeltaTimeSecs or whatever the variable name is.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

I got
console wrote:
ERROR: There is no AHuman of the Preset name "CR Clone Throw" defined in the "All" Data Module!

when I tried to throw something with a Clone.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next