View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 Crobotech Beta 3.2 

Post Re: Crobotech Beta 3.1
Just played, I love these guys! Mod looks beautiful, all prior positives stand. I especially love the look of a standard Clone with the machine gun, reminiscent of jackbooted badasses like the Capitol Police of Jin-Roh, or the Helghast (I mean that as a compliment, again!)

The laser cannon is definitely my favorite, as I've always loved lasers in fiction that trace lines of destabilized matter which explode in fiery chaos moments later. That said, do you think fiery gibs would be too much? I'm picturing the Alexander esper from FFVI, if you need a visual reference. Maybe not so intense, but something like that.

Thanks, capnbubs!

-----

Also: Jetpacks... pfffaah! This is what diggers were made for! :smile: The most amusement I ever had on Zombie Cave was one Dummy and one Dreadnought, the Dummy leading with a Turbo Digger, carving a path for the Dreadnought, and hiding behind the big yellow can when it was time for shooting.

Imagine the surprise (personified) of the enemy when an entire hillside next to their base dissolves, and a monster artillery walker trundles through the breach, belching fire as it goes.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Hmm, for some reason, my soldiers can only carry up to two guns when they first arrive on the battlefield. I tried ordering a Heavy with the Particle rifle and two energy pistols, and he only had one of the pistols :| They can still pick up weapons when they arrive but this seems kind of inconvenient. Other than that, the rest of the mod is pretty much flawless.

PS: Any plans for bringing back the Crobo Rocket? Orbital teleportation is flashy and all but it's also pretty restrictive as far as troop placement goes.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Hey Bubsy, not sure if its been mentioned yet but there seems to be a bug with the pistols. Ordering a Crobo with the pistols as their first weapons seems to make them lose any other weapon they were bought with.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Must be a problem with my lua code... I'll look into it.

Uploaded a new version.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:38 pm

Post Re: Crobotech Beta 3.2
I loved this mod since it first like build 17 and that still hasn't changed.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:49 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

New problem, the Light Croboes don't spawn with helmets.
I am surprised to see a faction that is made to shrug off fire from their own weaponry, it is usually the opposite.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:31 am

Foa wrote:
I am surprised to see a faction that is made to shrug off fire from their own weaponry, it is usually the opposite.

They should spawn with helmets, I don't know how you are getting them not to. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing so I can replicate the error?

I'm balancing the crobos vs crobos now, trying to make skirmish actually difficult. A lot of the weapons can kill the crobos very quickly if you hit them in the right place.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:38 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

capnbubs wrote:
Foa wrote:

They should spawn with helmets, I don't know how you are getting them not to. Can you tell me exactly what you are doing so I can replicate the error?

I'm balancing the crobos vs crobos now, trying to make skirmish actually difficult. A lot of the weapons can kill the crobos very quickly if you hit them in the right place.

It must of been that the crobos in the skirmish mode spawn to close to each other, and they destory each others' helmets while trying to jet pack over each other.

The light crodo cost 220oz, and the heavy crobo costs 200oz.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 am

Foa wrote:
capnbubs wrote:
Foa wrote:

It must of been that the crobos in the skirmish mode spawn to close to each other, and they destory each others' helmets while trying to jet pack over each other.

The light crodo cost 220oz, and the heavy crobo costs 200oz.

Thanks for spotting that, forgot to up the heavy cost now they are tougher.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:19 am

I kind of miss the old version with fire shooting out of the armor if the backpack was shot off . I saw that somebody already caught the price bug, however they don't really seem all that much tougher.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:25 am

I know the author is all about balance but the heavys feel just a bit too weak I shot one up with a blunderbuss.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 am

Just a minor nitpick. I'm playing with a Delta Time of 0.25 and the plasma cannon seems to misfire and blow up in my face, didn't happen when I was playing at normal DT. Otherwise, great mod.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile YIM

Call me an idiot. But what difference does changing the Delta time make? I've never played with it

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

How many frames per second the game tries to simulate.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 pm

ALL HAIL CAPNBUBS, FOR THY MOD BE AWESOME.
Great effects and punchy weapons.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next