View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gun Metal Grey & Co. 

Post Gun Metal Grey & Co.
Gun Metal Grey & Co., pioneering unusual yet uninteresting weapons technology since the Earth ages.

Side Arms
Here we have the SR-3s, our classic sidearm. Each magazine has 12 unique rounds, formed from osmium rather than lead. Osmium is a denser material than lead, and so the pistol also uses a more powerful explosive to propel it. This explosive's flames have a green tint to them. Like all of our standard firearms, the SR-3s is equipped with automatically disintegrating magazines to drastically decrease reload time, with the wonderful side effect of leaving absolutely no trace of the shooter.

This is the SR-2a, a sub machine-gun that fires caseless lead rounds. It has twice the magazine capacity of the SR-3s, and is of course, fully automatic. Like all of our standard firearms, the SR-2a is equipped with automatically disintegrating magazines to drastically decrease reload time, with the wonderful side effect of leaving absolutely no trace of the shooter.

Rifles
This is the R-6s, a semiautomatic rifle. It, like the SR-3s, fires caseless osmium rounds, but these are rifle rounds; longer and sharper. Additionally, the R-6s's magazine contains 16 rounds. Like all of our standard firearms, the R-6s is equipped with automatically disintegrating magazines to drastically decrease reload time, with the wonderful side effect of leaving absolutely no trace of the shooter.

This is the R-5a, an assault rifle. It fires caseless lead rounds from a magazine with a capacity of 36. Like all of our standard firearms, the R-5a is equipped with automatically disintegrating magazines to drastically decrease reload time, with the wonderful side effect of leaving absolutely no trace of the shooter.

Explosives
This is the HE-3. This grenade is loaded with osmium shrapnel but lacks real explosive power. This grenade can be purchased in the form of a wrist-mounted generator that will create an endless supply of grenades. If the generation is interrupted by the wielding of a weapon, it will have to be started over from the beginning. The generator is very fragile and will break upon contact with the ground.

This is the HE-4r, a revolving chambered rocket propelled grenade launcher. HE-4r grenades have no shrapnel, but produce a very powerful shock-wave. The HE-4r has six chambers. Because it does not use magazines, disintegrator technology was not able to be applied.

This is the HE-9Ra, a light machine gun. The HE-9Ra fires 1kg explosive slugs at a somewhat low rate. The disintegrating magazine is helical feed, allowing for an extremely high ammo capacity despite the compact shape. The HE-9Ra uses our special explosive to propel the slugs, allowing for a reasonable velocity.

Tools
This is the Cortex%20Command/GMG Digging tool, a device created for rapidly boring holes in just about anything; it's really more of an infiltration device. However, following new safety regulations, this is not a close quarters combat tool.

This is the Cortex%20Command/GMG Door Breach. It is a powerful device that rapidly extends and retracts a long, metal spike. It easily shatters doors and soldiers alike, though it has fairly limited range.

You can purchase our products here!

Credits
Tester..........Numgun Come Back
Tester..........Asklar
Lua Scripting..Asklar

Last edited by Urch on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 am, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 am

Post Re: Gun Metal Grey & Co.
Pretty good mod. Sprites are good, the weapons are quite fun. The grenade generator is what I like the most. This is how grenades should be all along.

Would like a more powerful sound with the breacher though.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:07 am

Coming next update will be a flamethrower and a digger, and the explosives will be tweaked a bit. I'll look into a better sound for the breacher.

edit: and i will add gibs to the guns.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Sprites are pretty nice, grenades of both kinds reach out a bit too far, gun sounds are pretty boring/annoying (except the GL), but other than that, 'tis a pretty cool pack.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Most of the weapons are quite balanced, excluding the Rifle, and some of the sounds are boring.
But its very nicely made, and the effects for the explosions and smoke are top notch, and the sprites are also nice.
Good job with it so far, I hope you will update it soon.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Update:V1.9
Added gibs for all devices
Added machine gun
Added digging tool
Fixed magazine offsets
Changed the way guns play sounds
Changed breach sound
Tweaked semi-auto rifle's fire rate
Added commented-out joke weapon

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:02 am

I like how literally every weapon has the letter 'r' in it..

The sprites look great on the other hand. Concept is pretty cool too.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:31 am

I forgot to really explain why I did not add the flamethrower in this update, and instead added the machine gun; I just could not figure out how to go about making one. I tried plenty of different ways and none of them really felt all that good/fun to me. Ultimately, I don't think I will add a flamethrower to this mod, but I feel it still needs one more weapon. It'd be nice if some of you could give me suggestions.

Also, coops, the R's stand for things but it's not universal. I guess I should come up with some better names(NOT my strong suit).

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 am

Everything is really nice, and looks good as well.
However, somehow the digger sprite seems not to fit in with the rest of the sprites.
But I think that's mostly personal preference. The excessive terrain damage now seems to be fixed as well.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nice pack of guns! I specially like the gun with HE rounds. Guess why. =P
And the R-6s semi-auto rifle. I like weapons of that type, that are in between the assault rifles and sniper rifles and a light touch of pistol, you know, like carbines and rifles.

There should be more weapons like that.

Last edited by Asklar on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Alright so here's what i'm going to add in the next update(probably).

New sprites for the rifles
New names for everything
A gun that somewhat resembles the UT flak cannon
And... something interesting.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Urch wrote:
And... something interesting.

What?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 pm
Profile ICQ
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I'm pretty sure he's not mentioning what because it's a secret.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:58 pm

I know this is a very bad necro... but does anyone still have this file? would really like to try it

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 am

ValkyriiKing wrote:
I know this is a very bad necro... but does anyone still have this file? would really like to try it

YOu realise this would need serious updating?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next