View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 The War to end all Wars 

Post Re: The War to end all Wars (WIP)
ERS: Incredibly broken for me. Firstly, something was causing immense lag (I fear it might be incompatibility with Crobotech, but I can't understand the log file) and secondly, after following your instructions in the readme to remove pre-equipping, my dropship dropped a medium digger and nothing else.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:31 pm

You have a screen shot of that error log I can have?
Well, pre equiping became kinda necessary to the campaign, I'll fix the readme 'n' stuff.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:09 am

Can we get an actual changelog?

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:49 am

Uh... I don't keep change logs, the way I make mods makes it impossible.

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:25 am

Major wrote:
You have a screen shot of that error log I can have?
Well, pre equiping became kinda necessary to the campaign, I'll fix the readme 'n' stuff.

It was something in Crobotech that caused the lag and error spam. I wouldn't concern yourself with it.
There needs to be some way to disable the auto-equip stuff though, loadouts fill the niche mostly and I don't like being given equipment I don't want to use, especially since it's gotten me killed several times because my inventory was full of situationally inappropriate weapons on cheap soldiers (cheap soldiers are necessary for early game body-guards).

It would be nice if the HALO didn't also fall all the way through the map on the desert maps.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 am

If you want to stylize the brits stereotypically, steampunk them. You could also throw in some huge sideburns.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Sideburns might be a little hard in this scale. :P

Also, I updated the OLR to B27, but the dropship is still bugged and I can't find the problem.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:19 pm

I don't like what you did for the russians, why are they zombies?

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Uhm... Ok. They're zombies because I want them to be.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:57 am

'Nother update. UKB is now B27 compatible.
Added in a rocket, brain, gun and loadout. I also updated the skirmish.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:43 am

Awesome! So now you're just missing a U.S faction to complete the WW2 set?

They could have a unique airborne unit that drops in on a parachute. And maybe a super soldier (like Captain America, but less superhero) or Atomic Robo (Google 'im) to match the undead stormtroopers!
Just some suggestions.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:36 am

The Egotist wrote:
Now, in my humble opinion, this would be even more awesome if you threw some C&C:RA 3 flair into it. Give the Germans massive, hulking supertanks and giant robots, give the Japanese power armored samurai with beam katanas and a powerful kamikaze attack, give the british... I dunno, something over-the top and sterotypically british. (Seriously, what are the Brits known for?... Japan has katanas and a warrior culture {WW2 is too early for japan to have giant robots. >.<} Germany had their terrifying and huge machines, like the Dora Cannon and the Panzer tanks.... And the brits had puny little sherman tanks?)

Give them a missile firing tea cup?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 pm

The mod is balanced, at least more balanced than any other mod I've tested so far :P
Only one thing I think you should fix, the jetpacks and/or weapons' weight. . By that I mean either the weapons are too light or the jetpacks are too strong, like before the jetpack nerf :shock: ! I've used just a standard infantry, and he carried a ton of pineapple FGs and some pistols, and he could still fly up a sheer cliff face!
Oh, another thing. Really, why does the armor have to be so strong? The armored infantry is almost the best heavy unit in the game!
Here's a screen of them obliterating my base( and getting to my brain)because they have strong metal hats...
Attachment:
File comment: FUUUUUUUU-
Also notice the FPS, they seem to overly use diggers in the Royal Army Assault mission

Screen of me being obliterated by rifles and OP armor.jpg
Screen of me being obliterated by rifles and OP armor.jpg [ 150.98 KiB | Viewed 5961 times ]

BTW, I died soon after.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I can sort of agree with the jetpack thing, they are generally more agile than most pre-equipped standard infantry. But I guess that's a part of their awesomeness.

But I love how the heavy actors are actually heavily armored. If you use them against armor (Dummy APC for example) you can notice how effective they are at doing their job (though usually using a single one will result in failure, using three or four will get the job done with ease).

And they make a nice threat to your bases too, it proves your skill :D

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 pm

It IS challenging, but they like spamming an unthinkable amount of deployment devices, and pack 2-3 soldiers in each to boot! That's actually good, since they're fighting you in squads, but... As I said, there are SO MANY PODS! This is the full force of the Royal Army :dead:
Probably a better idea to bottleneck 'em in front of a kneecapper and shoot their knees repetitively with a rail pistol than making a regular bunker :idea:

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next