View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 The War to end all Wars 

The War to end all Wars
The year is 1950, the Great War has been raging for eleven years. It started off as a conflict between nations over the usually things, money, land, power, etc. But as the war progressed, humans adapted to it, needed it, wanted it... First came the Berlin Cataclysm. As the allies reched the outskirts of Berlin a freak weather system blew across Berlin and the sky turned pitch black, the sky was rent with lightning, rain poured down, visibility on the ground became five meters maximum and air support was gone. The allied soldiers started finding Wermacht soldiers slaughtered in their bunkers, ripped apart as if by wild beasts. As the Allies advanced deeper, they heard it, the screaming of a million tormented souls. The ground burst up around them as the Untoten Sturm Truppen erupted from their underground bunkers and massacred the allied soldiers. Two months later, the Okkulten Legion had reclaimed all of its conqured territories, and they are still advancing. The Russians discovered unthinkable methods of reconstructing soldiers out of corpses, arcane technology and alchymical fluids, creating the Red Legion. Thousands of hulking, red armoured troops marched along the Eastern Front fighting titanic battles against the Okkulten Legion. Ties were cut between Russia and her allies, as the Allied powers became frightened of the horrifying experiments conducted in Russia's laboratories. The Japanese Imperial Army was on the brink of destruction by American forces, when the despicable experiments carried out by Unit 731 yeilded results. Bionically reinforced troops weilding laser rifles, advanced machineguns and biological weapons landed on American soil by the Imperial Air Transport Wing utilizing heavy dropsips, HALO drop pods and ICTRs. The USArmy was caught off guard, and vast swathes of US land were conqured by the Japanese. As Britains support countries failed one by one, all effort was put toward the developement of superior mechanized forces, self sustainable regiments able to function anywhere at any time in any conditions. The first armoured soldiers landed in Normandy and took the fight directly to the Okkulten Legion before they could react. At first it was succes after succes, but eventually the OLR learned and the tide began to turn...

December 5th 1949 Dr Pieter Kromboom succesfully utilised Kesslers theory on telepathic genetics to create a clone of himself that could communicate using its mind. The South African government, fearing his research, destroyed the lab and killed Pieter, but not before the clone dissapeared, and a british spy had stoled part of the process. The British Army, knowing the advantage that the abilities shown by the clone before its dissapearence, immediatley started work on creating more of the clones, but the process they carried out was imperfect, creating horribly deformed and disfigured telepathic clones that could not survive without full lifesupport. Normal bodies were cloned, and the telepathic brains were mounted the neck, contained in a fluid filled container, kept alive by the cloned body. Soon most of the factions had a similar process for creating telepathic battlefield commanders. The Great War still rages, with new instruments of death evolving and killing arts being perfected, and there is no end in sight.

V1.0 ERS: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7z08dcnvwldbx3t
V1.0 OLR: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b86h24hqnebcxl1
V1.0 UKB: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dox97e596h7mwom
V1.0 TRL: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kdk96h1ncmbo8io
Have fun.

Attachments:
File comment: British
UKB.zip [973.89 KiB]
Downloaded 6837 times
File comment: Russian
TRL.zip [2.12 MiB]
Downloaded 9523 times
OLR.rte.zip [2.25 MiB]
Downloaded 6820 times

Last edited by Major on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:00 am, edited 8 times in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:16 am

Post Re: The War to end all Wars (WIP)
Nice mod!Cant wait to play! :grin:

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 am

Even though I am not a fan of pre-equipped actors;I found the mod,even when its a WIP,to be really nice :D
I have a suggestion to make use of the unique sprites for the pre-equipped ;while not carrying a lots of stuff to differ from the rest of the unit roster.(bear with this silly rant):
-The AntiTank(for both side) can be made heavier,and their heavy weapons give a stronger push recoil(the one where for each shot,they are pushed back),so their weight offset the recoil of their respective weapon;in contrast to their lightly armed comrades.
-The Japanese Toxin soldier,if possible be less effected by the GASU grenade and the KHGR(maybe reduced damage by half through lua?)
-The CQs may have higher durability compared to the standard soldiers(they can take a FEW more bullets than normal)
-The Marksman for the British,maybe have an item like a binocular but is the goggles they are wearing?;and the Japanese one maybe be a crude robot;with a no decap kill?Seeing it(IMO) as a robot-ish soldier(Maybe its the all dark covered outfit).
-The Japanese Light Assault;and the British Corporal - I dont have a clue to what they might serve,maybe elite version of the Standards?
These are just suggestion;and if Major has a different idea to the whole mod;I will still enjoyed it none-the-less(I can just removed the guns myself :) ).Once again;really nice mods!
I am not used to these forum stuff yet(the writing and posting);so I apologize if my post is less than adequate.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm

This is pretty cool. I doubt you're going for historical accuracy, but if you were, then I'd make it so reloading the PIAT forces you to lie down, and the Japanese pistols should have roughly a 1 in 7 of blowing up rather than shooting.

Also, kudos for including activities, but they aren't the best balanced. I had a bunker with a couple of British rifle guys and some CQC dudes below, and I wasn't entirely expecting the onslaught of assault infantry and AT infantry that followed. (more AT infantry than I had men)

The rifle infantry are pretty much useless. I suggest increasing the power of their rifles drastically, or otherwise making it less effective to just switch to the Browning.

I'm interested to see what you're going to do with this. :)

Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

Whats that "Independent" item (The one worth 300 oz)?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Now, in my humble opinion, this would be even more awesome if you threw some C&C:RA 3 flair into it. Give the Germans massive, hulking supertanks and giant robots, give the Japanese power armored samurai with beam katanas and a powerful kamikaze attack, give the british... I dunno, something over-the top and sterotypically british. (Seriously, what are the Brits known for?... Japan has katanas and a warrior culture {WW2 is too early for japan to have giant robots. >.<} Germany had their terrifying and huge machines, like the Dora Cannon and the Panzer tanks.... And the brits had puny little sherman tanks?)

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm

give the brits giant big bens wielding the queen with a cup of tea shield

there cant get much more stereotypical than that

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:58 pm

@Silverarm: Thems are good ideas, I'm probably gonna steal a couple. Thanks. :)
@Petethegoat: Historical accuraccy is the last thing on my mind. But if I can master a little more Lua, I'm probably gonna take the exploding pistol and PIAT reloading ideas, and mabe introduce jamming and other weapon faults. The activities balance I'll fix, but the riflemen are kinda suposed to be the weakest link and as such the rifles are supposed to be sort of weak, although, two headshots with either rifle is going to kill almost any actor in the game, and they have relatively high accuraccy.
@Tato64: Ah. That. Um, that's not part of the mod, just a screenshot that I'll fix, I didn't even realize that was there. The mod in question is by Abdul Alhazred and is here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=20482&start=0&hilit=autonomous+combat+droid+independent
@The Egotist: Don't you worry, this is just the base of two of the factions there is gonna be some seriously destructive and evil creations in this mod. :twisted:
@Wooden:Ha ha ha... What!? :-?

Last edited by Major on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

Well, from what I can tell now, you have a beautiful mod here! I'm just glad a new release is out here. Anyways, I'm going to test it now, and I'll return with a wonderful edit of constructive criticism and compliments abroad.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:27 am
Profile WWW

Thanks! :)
Wait why are more people downloading the japanese that the british? They're both different factions. :???:

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:20 am

well for me ers is broken so i cant use it something about a .wav on macs and i dont know how to make those work
but the british look good even though they get cut to pieces by vanilla and they work well with kettenkrads german mod

Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:05 pm

@Wooden: Man, that sucks. You should get a PC.
I'm also thinking that I'm gonna give The Red Legion a makeover and an almost complete overhaul, then add that as one of the WWII factions.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:02 am

Major wrote:
@Wooden: Man, that sucks. You should get a PC.
I'm also thinking that I'm gonna give The Red Legion a makeover and an almost complete overhaul, then add that as one of the WWII factions.

:shock:
DO IT DO IT NOW!!! undead soviets are awesome

Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 am
Profile WWW

yeah the only thing better than russia is zombeh russia

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Well, as far as britain goes, IF you decided to go totally nuts you could make the british have advanced tripods ( like the aftermath of H.G. Well's Novel. i mean they can't have left all that tech sitting there...) in fact that would balance the rest of it. although if your going historically accurate then your already mostly there. But, Anyway, love this mod, The weapon designs are well done,(Love the Piat.) reasonably balanced, Sprites are great! any chance for a drop ship or two?

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next