View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 The Triclon Empire V1.78 [now for B25] 

The Triclon Empire V1.78 [now for B25]
Here is my first attempt at making a faction: for now it contains only an actor and a few weapons:

History:

Very little is known about these humanoid aliens that recently appeared on the planet, they seem
to be technologically advanced and use a very strong and unknown alloy to create body armors able to
resist to most infantry firearms, they do not seem to be very agressive in nature yet they defend their territory
fiercely, it is unkown wether they originate from this planet or not, but no spaceships have been reported.
Their number appears to be limited but they are not to be underestimated.

Here are the currently known units and weapons:

The Defender:
A light Triclon soldier, his front armor is very hard and can use a shockwave attack for close quarters combat(press num0 or 0), it can also prematurely detonate incoming grenades if well timed. This soldier is also equipped with a biomechanical regenerator that heals his wounds and repairs his armor over time. His armor also contains a short range teleporter used to teleport grenades from your base to the soldier: the closer you are from your brain the quicker you will get grenades, however it is not powerful enough to transport the soldier.

Here you can see the shockwave attack:

The Conqueror:(Temporary sprite)
A soldier used to quickly attack enemy positions, has light armor and limited range, this soldier is usually supported by defenders at medium/long range. Can call down light artillery strikes (press num1 or 8) and anti bunker strikes (press num2 or 9). The longer you wait between two strikes the more powerful it will be(maximum 15 shells). This soldier is equipped with a biomechanical regenerator like the defender.

The Triclon Rifle:
The standard weapon of the defenders, it shoots heavy high explosive bullets with good accuracy over long distances.

The Triclon Pistol:
This sidearm equips every triclon defender and produces high energy impacts on the target, however the projectiles fade away quickly and become less and less powerful.

The Triclon Auto Pistol:(temporary sprite)
The sidearm of the conquerors, high rate of fire, short/medium range, uses light explosive bullets.

The Triclon Rail Carbine:
A quick firing assault weapon, light and powerful, medium range. Very quick to reload. The high velocity bullets are designed to splinter inside the target therefore causing more damage. Can penetrate most armors at short range only.

The Triclon anti-infantry grenade
This grenade uses a directionnal blast and an altitude optimizer to cause maximum damage, doesn't cause mutch damage to tanks and other heavy units however.

The light turret deployer:
Deploys a little turret that will shoot nearby enemies, a training version also exists that will target any actor it can detect.

The Brain Signal Jammer:
This grenade jams the signal emitted by brains in a small area, it will try to switch control to the user's brain, if not sucsessful the unit will temporarly be deactivated until the jamming signal goes off. This device won't do anything to non remote controlled units such as Ronins and Triclons. As the jamming signal uses EMPs, it will permanently deactivate any nearby robots and crafts. Timed to activate after 3s.

More complete descriptions are available in-game.

Thanks to MaximDude for the rifle and pistol sprites. Thanks to Major for the actor sprites. Thanks to major and killionaire for testing early versions of the mod.
Succesfully tested with B23 and B24, not tested with other versions.

Please comment and report any bug you find, and enjoy!

Download:
Attachment:
File comment: Should be compatible with b25, tell me if you have any problem.
Triclon Empire25.rar [667.83 KiB]
Downloaded 1093 times

This also includes 2 custom activities and a mission: One-Defender Army, Triclon Defence and Triclon Outpost, I also improved the AI a bit: defending triclons won't crouch and fall from cliffs and they will use their special abillities automatically.

Things to fix:
_the units stolen to the enemy by the brain signal jammer are not directly controllable, I don't know why and haven't found a solution yet, I would be grateful if someone would help me with this.

Old:

Changelog:

V1.77:
_Flatened the roof of the player's bunker in the mission in order to make landings easier.
_Added a few mines
_Mines are now easier to destroy(made of metal instead of Triclon metal)
_Added a small tunnel from the main bunker to the weapons stash
_Difficulty will now affect your starting founds
_Increased the AI range of the Defenders on the towers

V1.76:
_No more random crashes in the mission

V1.75:
_Added a version of the mission with less actors that should cause less lag

V1.74:
_Mines added to the mission
_Small tower added to the mission

V1.73:
_Triclon weapons can now be looted

V1.72:
_Added a little surprise to the mission

V1.71:
The new mission will now work.

V1.70
_The shockwave attack won't be stopped by grass anymore
_Better shockwave effects
_Mission added: Triclon Outpost

V1.65:
_The AI won't use special abillities if it could hurt a friendly unit
_The weapons won't be hit by bullets anymore

V1.64:
_The AI will now use the special abillities of the Triclons (shockwave, artillery strikes)

V1.63:
_Triclon actors set to sentry AI won't move anymore, and won't crouch either

V1.62:
_New Pistol sound
_AI controlled Triclons won't crouch anymore
_The Triclon defence activity is now much more difficult: increased detection range of both actors and added a digger Conqueror actor for underground bases attacks.
_Deleted some unneeded files
_Tracer round added to the rail carbine: it causes slightly more damage and has extended range

V1.61:
_New rifle sound
_New wound sound

V1.60:
_Triclon Brain Signal Jammer added: This grenade jams the signal emitted by brains in a small area, it will try to switch control to the user's brain, if not sucsessful the unit will temporarly deactivated until the jamming signal goes off. This device won't do anything to non remote controlled units such as Ronins and Triclons. As the jamming signal uses EMPs, it will permanently deactivate any nearby robots and crafts. Timed to activate after 3s.
_The Conqueror is now equipped with 1 grenade and 2 jammers instead of 2 grenades

V1.50:
_conqueror added(no sprite yet, uses the defender one without the front plate)
_rail carbine added: the main weapon of the conqueror
_auto pistol added: the sidearm of the conqueror (no sprite yet, uses the pistol one)
_glow added to the rifle's bullets
_new wounds

V1.40:
_One-Defender Army mode added
_Triclon Defence mode added
_Turret team detection improved

V1.30:
_The Anti Infantry Grenade's explosion is now shaped to be more effective against crouched soldiers.
_HE bullets won't explode anymore when shot at point blank range and won't act strangely anymore when shot while flying.
_Auto pistol added: This weapon will be used by the offensive unit I'm planning to make (coming not so soon), temporary sprite, shoots HE bullets.
_Light turret deployer added(bomb): Used to deploy light turrets. They can detect enemies from a far distance however their short guns aren't very accurate, they shoot standard non-explosive armor piercing rounds in short bursts. The frequency of these bursts depends from the time needed to aim (and thus the distance to the enemy). Its small size is its best defence, it is otherwise protected by a thin metal plate.
_Light training turret deployer added(bomb): this one will target you.
_Light turret deployer added to the defender's standard equipment.

V1.20:
_New sprites by Major
_Anti Infantry Grenade added: A standard HE grenade with directionnal blast and altitude optimizer.
_Short range teleporter added to the defender used to teleport grenades from your base to the soldier: the closer you are from your brain the quicker you will get grenades, however it is not powerful enough to transport the soldier. The maximum load is set to 18Kg: 2 grenades if equipped with the rifle and the pistol or 9 grenades if equipped with nothing but the armor.
_The Defender is now equipped with 2 Anti Infantry Grenades.

V1.12(not released):
_the pistol range is now randomly increased or decreased for each shot

V1.11:
_The defender is more expensive
_Pistol range is now fixed
_Custom jetpack added
_Regeneration rate increased
_Pistol RoF increased

V1.10:
_Pistol added

V1.01:
_The rifle is now less powerful.
_The rifle bullets won't explode anymore when shot while moving fast.
_The rifle won't break so easily.
_The defender will engage the enemy from a longer range.

Attachments:
File comment: V1.60:
_Triclon Brain Signal Jammer added
_The Conqueror is now equipped with 1 grenade and 2 jammers instead of 2 grenades

Triclon EmpireV1.60.7z [55.46 KiB]
Downloaded 486 times

Last edited by Mehman on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 60 times in total.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Post Re: WIP: The Triclon Empire V1.30
You're going to need a picture and a download link, bro. Just telling you before Grif does.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Post Re: WIP: The Triclon Empire V1.30
thesoupiest wrote:
You're going to need a picture and a download link, bro. Just telling you before Grif does.

Sorry, I just pressed the submit button instead of preview when I was writing it, now it has all that.

Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Post Re: WIP: The Triclon Empire V1.40 + custom activities
Updated to V1.40:

One-Defender Army mode added
Triclon Defence mode added
Turret team detection improved

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm

So far i looks like a good mod. Im going try it now

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Your rifle looks dangerously like the MDC Shotgun. To wit:
Attachment:
File comment: Yours
Rifle.bmp [1.58 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Attachment:
File comment: and MaximDudes
AutoShotgun001.bmp [1.43 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Well this sprite was made by MaximDude too, I took it from the sprite dump.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:04 am

OK. I played for 2 hours with this and:
Sprites:
-I think you should improve on the MDC shotgun design and/or make a new weapon sprite for the rifle. Also, the explosion effect is too exaggerated for a rifle even if it fires HE rounds. Maybe a little less fireworks.
-The grenades and the handgun are OK but you need a better sentry sprite.
- The actor sprite is good albeit a little too boxy. I like the eyes and the blue antenna beam.

Power:
- The rifle is a little powerful my tastes. It has long range+good accuracy+a lot of power.

Overall good mod. I like reliable actors and weaponry. Hope you develop it further.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 am

Culthero wrote:
OK. I played for 2 hours with this and:
Sprites:
-I think you should improve on the MDC shotgun design and/or make a new weapon sprite for the rifle. Also, the explosion effect is too exaggerated for a rifle even if it fires HE rounds. Maybe a little less fireworks.

Sorry but I can't sprite at all, I always get horrible results, concerning the explosion it is meant to be very powerful, sort of like a hand held 20mm cannon, I already reduced its power but considering the price of this weapon I am quite satisfied with it.
Culthero wrote:
-The grenades and the handgun are OK but you need a better sentry sprite.

I know that, this sprite is mine so not good enough, Major agreed to help me with the sprites beut won't be there for a few weeks but I'll ask him to make a better one as soon as he comes back.

Culthero wrote:
Power:
- The rifle is a little powerful my tastes. It has long range+good accuracy+a lot of power.

I don't want to reduce the power of the rifle since this faction is supposed to be very powerful, however I may balance it by increasing the price of the weapon, I'll think about it.
Culthero wrote:
Overall good mod. I like reliable actors and weaponry. Hope you develop it further.

I will develop it further, I am planning to make an offensive unit able to call down artillery/air strikes with new weapons.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am

If you can't make the weapon less powerful and reduce the fireworks then I think the beefing up of the rifle sprite is a must. The rifle must show that it is powerful and then nobody will say it's too powerful again because it will be visually powerful.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:43 am

I'll see what I can do about that.

Edit:

I'm now working on the conqueror: an offensive lignt soldier able to call down artillery strikes, I don't have a sprite yet but his abilities are ready, so is one of his weapons, here is a prewiew:

Pictures moved to the main post.

For now the sprite is the same as the defender but without the front plate.

Last edited by Mehman on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm

You sure love your exploding MOPixels.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Indeed, I think they look better than mosrotatings for small explosive projectiles, btw this is the first mod I made with exploding pixels(improved vanilla weapons came after that, but this mod was in mod making for quite a long time so very few people actually tested it before improved vanilla weapons)

Edit: And here is the rail carbine, main weapon of the conqueror:

And the auto pistol, his sidearm(temporary sprite):

Pictures moved to the main post.

Last edited by Mehman on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:45 pm

I think part of the reason the main rifle used by the Defender seems off in an over powered way is related to a disconnect between the seemingly insignificant "bullet" and the end result. Turning it into a mosrotating sprite would likely help alleviate this.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 pm

I don't like the idea of making it an mosrotating, however I'll add a little glow to the bullet so that it looks bigger.

Edit:

Updated to V1.50:

conqueror added(no sprite yet, uses the defender one without the front plate)
rail carbine added: the main weapon of the conqueror
auto pistol added: the sidearm of the conqueror (no sprite yet, uses the pistol one)
glow added to the rifle's bullets
new wounds

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next