View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Shadow Echelon [Low Filesize Version] 

Post Re: Shadow Echelon [V0.12 B27 "Cerberus Machine Gun"]
I guess i should try it out ill edit this comment when im done messin around with this.

EDIT: Took it for a spin and you dont really notice that your loseing ammo because your troops are expendabul. Though only problem i have is that when my bunker guards run out of ammo and cant get anymore my brains dead.

So great mod! :grin:

EDIT EDIT: I noticed a few bugs the cerberus drops a free box of ammo and regular CC weapons become unpickupabul after a period of time in the bunker makeing phase (No i did not put lots of weapons down only 6)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Ah, thanks for bringing that bug up! I hadn't thought to test under the circumstances you were playing.
I'm guessing it doesn't drop one box of ammo, but rather, all of its boxes of ammo, overlapping each other. This maxed out the devices ingame limit and so the older, other devices were terrain-ized. I'll look into fixing it. Once the new Killing Floor update (something which I'll inevitably rip off for future SE stuff. :P ) stops distracting me, that is.

I'll also look into making defensive guns hold more ammo. Since the ammo does have weight, it shouldn't be too OP to, by default, give a suitable amount of ammo for the use.
Also the MP7 is now the Lucansky, and is visually based on the CZ SCORPION EVO III, which is vaguely MP5ish. No gameplay changes have been made to reflect this, though.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Azukki wrote:
Ah, thanks for bringing that bug up! I hadn't thought to test under the circumstances you were playing.
I'm guessing it doesn't drop one box of ammo, but rather, all of its boxes of ammo, overlapping each other. This maxed out the devices ingame limit and so the older, other devices were terrain-ized. I'll look into fixing it. Once the new Killing Floor update (something which I'll inevitably rip off for future SE stuff. :P ) stops distracting me, that is.

I'll also look into making defensive guns hold more ammo. Since the ammo does have weight, it shouldn't be too OP to, by default, give a suitable amount of ammo for the use.
Also the MP7 is now the Lucansky, and is visually based on the CZ SCORPION EVO III, which is vaguely MP5ish. No gameplay changes have been made to reflect this, though.
Seemed like to me that there were unlimited boxes of ammo from that one box glad your going to fix it though

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 am

These amount of ammo the actors have makes me think that hey have a lot of pockets. Can you give them like... 90 ammo rounds for 30-ammo-magazine weapons? So then we could have to change weapons and pick up some ammo, other weapons, etc. The game would be A LOT harder, as the game is very easy with all these guys with their big-ass weapons with almost-infinite ammo.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 am

Joseh123 wrote:
These amount of ammo the actors have makes me think that hey have a lot of pockets. Can you give them like... 90 ammo rounds for 30-ammo-magazine weapons? So then we could have to change weapons and pick up some ammo, other weapons, etc. The game would be A LOT harder, as the game is very easy with all these guys with their big-ass weapons with almost-infinite ammo.
Yeah but also in real life people in the milatary have lots of pockets. Though i think the ammo count should be lowerd into the 250 range

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:37 am

Ok a creepy thing happend i was fighting some of the Shadow Echelon soldiers and a strange thing happend. I blew off one of the troopers helmets and i think head and then i saw the rifleman symbol instead of a human head was this meant to happen?

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:14 am

One, nice double post.
Two, sort of, yes. At the very least, it's not too weird. You know how most actors show up on the buy menu as their own heads? Well, to have an icon in the menu instead of just a picture of the head, the icon would have to be closely linked to the head. Therefore, though I may not understand exactly why, there's a good reason you saw the icon instead of the head.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:50 am

The first frame of the head is the icon, the second is the head. A script is used to try to keep the head at frame 2 at all times when the actor is actually in game and is not a buy menu icon.
In b26 this was working perfectly, as a script on the head, but then B27 campaign came along and I couldn't get attachable scripting to work reliably anymore, so I moved the frame switching bit of script to the actor, which usually worked for me.
Maybe you saw a head that was detached from the the actor, (pretty rare, SE heads usually splatter before their necks rip) and didn't have the script applied to it anymore; but I don't know what would have flipped it back to frame 1. :???:
If I can figure out the specific nature of the problem and find a fix, I'll fix it.

As far as wanting only three mags, that's way too harsh. I could squeeze four into the pockets of what I usually sleep in. The Marines M27 IAR is supposedly intended to be held along with up to twenty two 30rd mags, so in a world like CC where you know you'll need whatever you can get, and soon, and won't need to carry it around too far, a standard assault rifle coming with fifteen 25rders isn't too unfeasible. What is effectively 37 pistol mags, for the Pribor, is a bit much, though. [that's why it reloads so slowly, SE modified the design to feed from triple old faithful mags]

Last edited by Azukki on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh i get it now though to be honest its a bit creepy haveing icons with bodys chase you

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:08 pm

How would i go about increasing the Cerberus`s magazine capacity?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Find the attachables it has, and increase their sharpness, respective to which types of ammo you want to give it more of.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Thank you :grin:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:01 pm

As far as the pooled ammo: you could hand the actor in question the variables for the extra ammo, then just modify the amounts from your gun Lua, and have a script making sure they drop the extra ammo when they die.

Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:10 am

Sorry for my english.

Nice one, but "AI LAST SHOT AMMO LOSS" creates additional bug on its own...

In Scripts change (Korobov as an example):

"if self.z:IsPlayerControlled() == false and self.ailastshot == true and self.recoiltimer.ElapsedSimTimeMS < 75 then"
to:
"if self.z:IsPlayerControlled() == false and self.ailastshot == true and self.magcount == 1 and self.recoiltimer.ElapsedSimTimeMS < 75 then"

This will prevent AI from unrealistic ammo loose while reloading if he have more than one last round in mag.
expl. Actor have 9 rounds in 31 rounded mag...with 9 "sharp..." ammo, so less than magazine capacity, when actor under AI reload he lose 1 ammo from pool without a reason.
Adding "self.magcount == 1" fix this "AI reload last mag (with obviously the same last mag) consuming one round from ammo pool every time" glich...or at least its working for me. I hope i describe what i meant clearly. If i have chambered bullet and i "reload" mag with half of bullets with the same mag i shouldn't loose any round...right?

Adding "self.magcount <= 1" do the same, but creates a bug when we have empty gun, pick up ammo box and left AI to reload first new mag...actor will loose a bullet.

If player just buy a weapon, it holds full mag with chambered round, but if we use script to change ammo type (function set next mag then reload...) actor after reload will loose one bullet, so in function Create(self) change self.RoundChambered == true ...
...but this little fix lead to glich... if we or AI reload empty gun after picking up fresh new ammo box, gun end up with chambered bullet wich is unrealistic (now i know why false in create self round chambered =P ) But we need that to true to use other ammo types via pie menu...

So finnaly under:
if self.magcount == nil then
self.magcount = self.Magazine.RoundCount
end

add:
if self.magcount == 0 then
self.RoundChambered = false
end

Problem Solved =]

There is still a problem when we let AI to reload gun with one last round in chamber/mag...but its obvious...maybe i will fix that to without interupting what You have achived.
Ammo boxes are to easily destroyed, and ammo cans should dissapear after a short delay to play one last ammo deploy sound.

I'm still unfamiliar and learning this script, but i build something special from some time on Your ealier revision but with a lot of other options i learned/modified or created and will be happy to share with community when its finished...as a most complex and universal weapon script. Maybe we can work together, i have complex fire modes with DPS burst system...once you set particular mode AI will use it until you select other mode.
Also advanced shell drop sound (not like those one time or AI distract like in most mods), bullet ricochets/collide/hit with dirt sounds&scripts, and also nice fire decals with real-animated smoke, two types of steam overheat system (idealy for You if what i read in script i understood corectly => ), different attachments to weapon via "hidden" sharpness in code HDFirearm switch ...i'm just before testing it with Your new ammo system wich i was able to revrote for my purposes...I'm very impresed with your skill ;-)

I just need Your blessing to use part of Your scripts...and when i finish i offer my cooporation, sounds, sprites in .PDF, scripts...whatever You need for greater collective glory !! =)
Also i posses tons of personnaly created in photoshop animated mags with tons of frames...ideal for every calliber, casings, bullets...personally made high quality fire sounds in adobe audigy.
If not i will be forced to use it only on my own...and world will never see such beautiful fusion, still if You need anything let me know ;-)

Regards =)

Last edited by ScarabParamit on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 am

I love this mod, its one of my top 5 fav faction mods. I really do like the limited bullets feature, the sprites and the weapons (especially the AutoMag pistol <3). Keep up the good work! :)

Anyway, i thought i'd do a video on this pretty cool mod showing of the faction's weapons, units and more. Just to show people how effective each gun is and what not. :) So yeah, heres the video for if you or and anyone else who wishes to watch it.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next