View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 TF2 Spy Disguise Kit!!! V0.5 

Post TF2 Spy Disguise Kit!!! V0.5
GENTLEMEN

Ever wanted to just sneak into someones base ninja style and then stab the opponents brain when there not looking after slowly picking off there troops one by one??? Well then this mod might disappoint you. Because I have created a way for you to simply WALK through there defenses without them knowing! You see, this ingenious little kit changes the team of your character, but preserves the owner! So although the guy changes to the other team, your still in control! Use this to fool opponents! Use it to infiltrate! Use it to make a fool out of everybody! And most important, make your friends go WTF when their heavy coalitions are beating their brain to death with a shovel!

UPDATE

The disguise kit now works for both teams! No longer is there one for each! Also I added a sapper so you can actually go sappin' turrets! Oh and thank you to Lambda, for making new sprites!

Please note:
1) The special Disguise kit does not enable the enemy to control the unit, so them attempting to control the unit will not work, arousing suspicion.
2) Deselecting the unit and then re selecting the unit takes of the disguise, so be careful!
3) The Disguise Kit disguise is so amazing, even your troops cant tell the difference! (Which is of course bad)
4) In order to make the disguise more realistic, your disguised troop will attack your other troops if left unattended.
5) Be careful with the sapper! Game sometimes crash when actor flies off side of course! I am currently working to fix this!

Sorry about not posting a .gif, I really don't know how =/ If anyone would like to tell me, please do!

Also, this disguise kit is based off of the one from Team Fortress 2, so you might not understand some of the things about it if you've never played TF2.

Oh and last but not least, thanks again to Lambda for the new sprites!

Attachments:
File comment: This contains the TF2 Spy Disguise Kit, and the TF2 Spy Electro Sapper.
Enjoy!

DisguiseKit.rte.rar [248.23 KiB]
Downloaded 1966 times

Last edited by Battle_hobo on Mon May 18, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 am

Post Re: TF2 Spy Disguise Kit!!! V0.5
Ooooh, very nice use of Lua.

I like it, great for beating those pesky missions. :)

Fri May 15, 2009 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

2nd Post; 3rd DL.

Now I can sap their turrets, :D .

Fri May 15, 2009 5:49 am

"Spy's sappin' my turret!"

Now we just need an engineer class with deployable turrets that yells that when his turret is damaged.

However this is a great use of lua, however giving it to an Oppressor then leaving it unattended results in...accidents. (course I did that on purpose for lulz)

Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 am

Nice, like a handier/cooler version of the mind control orb. Although the orb steals their unit this is less risky.

Fri May 15, 2009 7:07 am

Very nice indeed. Thank you, Battle_hobo. :grin:

Fri May 15, 2009 7:42 am

Very good mod, methinks. I tried to use it on first signs (seems like I didn't feel manly enough to battle a couple of crabs) and got killed by my brainbot. Yay.

Fri May 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Prunelord wrote:
Nice, like a handier/cooler version of the mind control orb. Although the orb steals their unit this is less risky.

This.
But I still like this. Alot.

Fri May 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Hm, interesting... I may apply this or some derivative thereof in my own mod.

Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 pm
Profile YIM

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Seems like someone made your stealth disguise for ya, darlos!

Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Location: Hopefully in front of a gaming platform of some kind
Darlos9D wrote:
Hm, interesting... I may apply this or some derivative thereof in my own mod.

Speaking about your mod, how's the update to 23 going?

Fri May 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Suggestion for the sapper:
Don't drain AHumans.

Just change:
Code:
if actor.Health > 0 then

to
Code:
if (actor.Health > 0)  and (actor.ClassName ~= "AHuman") then

Sat May 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Like everyone else has said, amazing mod. With the B22 Portal gun map and the many semi-HL2 based gravity guns out there we've almost got the entire Orange Box covered :).

About how to make animated .gifs I'll try to explain in a few words. Bear with me, I'm not that good at explaining. Also, sorry if it sounds like I think you're an idiot, I really don't :P.

First, to create the sequence of pictures you want to use, simply hold the Print Screen button down for the entirety of the clip. This will severely limit your control as the game lags extremely, so make sure you have everything set up before you start. These pictures will be saved as .bmps called screendump xxx in your main CC directory.

Next you need a program to convert the pictures into an animated .gif. I'd suggest VirtualDub (just google it), for being very small, quick and completely free while still having everything you usually need (it can also make .avi clips). Once you've got the program installed and opened, just choose to open the first screendump in the sequence, the program will then read all dumps with a higher number than the one you chose. If you don't want all frames in your .gif (if you made many consecutive animations) just play the animation up to the point where you want it to end and crop it there. There are resizing tools as well, although I can't check where they are at this computer (I think they're in the filtering menu).

Once you're content with the clip you've got, just click the file menu and choose to export as an animated .gif. It usually takes some time to finish this, and it's a good idea to move the gif to another directory and play view it from there afterwards to verify that everything worked as it should (sometimes the .gif only saves as a reference to the original pictures).

Hopefully this helps, I expect you don't need any help with how to upload and display your animations right?

EDIT: Sorry, I checked up on VirtualDub again (haven't used it in a while) and I can't find the crop function anymore. It's possible to resize the image, but that only shrinks the image and doesn't cut out the areas you don't want. I know GameMaker can do that, but that's slightly more complicated to use and I don't remember how to do it currently. I know The Punisher made a nice tutorial a long time ago, will try to find a link to that.

EDIT AGAIN (I don't want to double-post). Ok, here's the working way to do it with Game Maker (free version).
Click the "resources" tab and choose Create Sprite.
Click Load Sprite and then select ALL pictures you want to use. This will probably take a long time to load during which the program will stand as "not responding", don't worry about that.
Click Edit Sprite, then under the Transform tab you choose to Resize Canvas. You might have to resize it a few times as you can't choose how much to cut from each side, but it shouldn't be too hard.
After saving this you should have a working, but non-looping .gif. To fix this, download Microsoft GIF Animator (no installation required).
Load the gif into this program, go into the Animation tab, set to loop and tick the box loop forever.
Save again and you're done.

Last edited by zalo on Sat May 16, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bad Spelling in a good post.

Sat May 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Great! Now we need 'Spy' actor anymore.

Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 am

I don't understand the huge praise.

You left things in the disguise kit such as comments about missiles. There's an extra IsPastSimMS. It doesn't set your team back when destroyed? It just destroys itself automatically?

The sapper is actually pretty nice. Although in contrast to TF2, it doesn't attach a sapper to the actor or disable it either.

It seems rather lacking.

Sun May 17, 2009 11:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next