View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 HP Corps [WIP] 

HP Corps [WIP]
Hi everyone! This is my first mod. Please give me feedback.

- - - - - - HP CORPS. - - - - - -

The HP Corps are a mercenary organization devoted to handling combat situations as efficiently as possible, as long as the price is right.

Actors

TROOPER
Standard infantry.

SHOCK TROOPER
The HPC's flagship infantry class, the shock troopers are protected by a patent pending ceramic/kevlar armor that makes it tougher than nails.

ASSASSIN
HPC's Lightest unit, perfect for assassinations and hit and run missions. Best used with a sniper rifle.

Weapons

AR5
The workhorse of the HPC's arsenal. Shoots low caliber high velocity rounds.

AR55
An AR5 modified to have a scope.

MP1
Pretty standard handgun.

MP14
Handgun with an abnormally high rate of fire. Just watch out for enemies wearing armor.

MG45
The MG45 was originally designed as a heavy machinegun for gunships and assault vehicles. But with a couple modifications, the boys of HPC turned it into an incredibly powerful infantry weapon

SM2 [May be overpowered]
Shoots low caliber bullets at an unbelievable high rate of fire. Will pummel you enemies into dust.

AC40
The AC40 is a prototype rifle designed to puncture the armor of dropships with an exploding projectile. Currently it is something of a Coalition Heavy sniper rifle clone with less range. Our scientists are still developing this weapon

SG1
A standard shotgun with a decreased spread for improved range and accuracy.

SR1
An AR5 modified to be a sniper rifle. Benefits from an assault rifle's ammo capacity and a sniper rifle's range.

SR2
A Lightweight weapon that shoots a pistol caliber bullet at a very high velocity. Ideal for eliminating unarmored enemies. May take more than one shot to achieve it's purpose. (Our scientists are still testing this one too)

RL10
A Rocket Launcher. Blows Stuff up. What more could anyone want?

Other

Shields
Two sheilds, one is lighter than the other. The Heavier one is constructed out of HPC's patent-pending ceramic plate.

G2
A Grenade.

Planned

MAC
The Mobile Assault Cannon is currently being developed by HPC scientists. When completed it will provide clients with a highly armored walking artillery cannon. Unfortunately the robotics wing of the HPC's Science guild is rather understaffed. Please contact us if interested in helping.

DROPSHIP/GUNSHIP
A project currently put on the backburner until more funding arrives, the Dropship/Gunship hybrid craft would transport soldiers in and out of battlefields while providing ample coverfire. Again, the R&D section of the HPC is understaffed. Anyone with an knowledge of the elusive science known as "lua" would be welcomed with open arms.

UAV DRONE
A light craft that would be able to eliminate targets from the air.

RL11 "Bunker Buster"
A Rocket launcher that shoots an armor-piercing projectile that explodes after a delay. It is possible that such a weapon would only be able to be used in conjunction with a MAC

MORE EXPLOSIVES
We at the HPC feel that no further description is necessary.

Anyways, test it out, and tell me what needs improvement. If you would be interested in helping with anything, please PM me. If anyone has any cool ideas, feel free to PM me as well.

Thanks.

Attachments:
File comment: Download V_1.0
HPCorps.rte.zip [2.84 MiB]
Downloaded 841 times

Last edited by Beefhammer on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Post Re: HP Corps [WIP]
Pics are required but il dl anyway
My opinion:
Sprites are nice but the guns need some work I like the people (I usually play with unitec and these kinda fit),
its always nice to see new modders so keep on working on this. Just a suggestion I have always wanted to see a faction that focuses on a certain tech, (not just Bullet Sprayers) like an Acid faction with guns that could use it in different ways, I especially like the guy with the mask :)

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 am

Thanks for the Feedback!

Yeah, originally I was going to base the mod around the idea of really accurate weapons, but I just decided to just make something more general.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 am

Oh lol, well a good base for general stuff is gotchas unitec its not exactly general, but has very nice guns and good sprites maybe you making something more in the style of CC would be better but thats just my personal opinion, still very nice :)

Nicolas X

Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:10 am

Funny how the rocket launcher is one of the least effective weapons to choose from. Other than some clear balance issues (weight/jetpacks being goofy, crazy overpowered weaponry) and some possible misalignments (external 8-round pistol mag?) I'd say this could go places. Spit, polish, repeat. ;)

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]