View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 OnLine Tech 

Post Re: OnLine Tech
The loadouts still dont work though.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:01 pm

That is because he forgot to uncomment out the loadouts in the index

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:06 pm

I put the // in because otherwise the campaign crashed. I am not stupid.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:53 pm

It works for in me scenarios I just had to cut and paste it to the end of the online index for it to work. Maybe that's why it crashed because the loadout file has to go last in a index.

Last edited by AbsoluteCero95 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:29 pm

Thanks for all the nice words, guys. I'll think about extracting the unfinished version from my old HDD. I'll try to do something about that when I have the time, which unfortunately is not going to happen until atleast january, since I'm busy with my uni right now.
Then if I'm able to do that I'll see what I can do about the update. Maybe I could even finish some of the minor stuff that I initially planned for that update if I' ll have it in me.
Things like a new silenced pistol to be used by Stealth Soldier for infiltration (the idea was that you could one-shot most types of infantry if you can sneak up on them, ignoring the armor) or improvements to the heating system for machinegun and chaingun (both weapons already have the heating/cooling system that you may have already seen when using machinegun in the current version, though at the moment it's purely cosmetic with the smoke and stuff) that would prevent firing these weapons for too long to slightly balance out the infinite ammo when using backpacks.
At the very least I would try to release what I already had for you guys. I would really like it for you to enjoy all those new toys I build.
We'll see.
However I must say that some of the ideas I listed are very unlikely to ever happen now. For example, I can say for sure that I won't bother trying to do the construction system even if for some reason I get that incredible surge of energy that would make it possible for me to start adding new features again. And you better not count on those fancy dropship features — it's likely that the most I'm going to do about the dropship is fixing existing features so it could be released and not be totally broken.
With that said, I want to thank you, guys — the only reason that I even considered doing any of this stuff now is because of your feedback. Actually, one of the reasons I abandoned the development in the first place was that there wasn't much feedback after we last updated the mod, and it felt really underwhelming considering all the effort I put into it. And since all the data regarding the amount of downloads remained with Man_With_Gun (the original author and the OP of this thread) I felt like literally no one played this mod. It feels so good to finally get some kind of confimation that all my hard work was not in vain.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions and stuff.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:35 pm
Profile ICQ

that would be sweet!!! :D (if someday you have something to show about your game, maybe you could post a link here? I gotta admit that i'm interested in anything you could make :) )

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:40 am

I wish you luck with adding more stuff to this and extracting the stuff you already had. :grin:
EDIT: Is there a way to disable the burst jetpack the heavy has? It is really annoying, when he is carrying any amount of gear he cant fly anywhere.
EDITEDIT: Found the lua to disable the burst, now I find it too powerful. Is there a way I can weaken the strength of the jetpack? I haven't messed around with jetpack strength yet.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6