View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 OnLine Tech 

Post Re: OnLine Tech v1.1
It's coming, but it's gonna take more time than we thought.
There are good news: in new version every soldier will be more unique, it's not like 3>2>1 anymore and it's more like paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper and teamwork beats all of them.
Every actor will have some kind of unique ability. Half of them already do.
And when we'll do everything we want to, same thing will be with most part of weapons.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 pm
Profile ICQ

This easily one of my favorite factions that i downloaded so far, the special soldier's head is kinda bad though, it's textures freak me out compared to every other actor.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Very cool mod, can't wait for the updates to come! Keep up the good work! :)

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:34 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: OnLine Tech
NEW UPDATE!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Awesome! Love the ammo backpack and the way you handle superweapons! And the explosion on that grenade is one of the best I've seen!

I've just got a little peeve with how the stealth unit works. Ever since B27 rolled out I can't play the game in fullscreen, and the windowed mode I'm playing in zooms way out. So I can't really see the intensity of the actor's eyes that well. So could you make the energy meter on his back appear during stealth mode? Pretty please?

Also, the special rifle and the knife are only invisible if you turn invisible while wielding that weapon. Changing to a stealth-compatible weapon will not cloak it, thus getting Stealth Soldier shot. It's not a huge problem, but if you could improve it...

Another thing: If I start the Heavy Soldier's jetpack and go into the pie menu, it will fly until it runs out of juice, as opposed to the bursts that happen normally. It's sort of useful, actually, but you decide if it's worth rooting out or if it's a nice little hidden feature to keep.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Would you please add a secondary download site. It looks great but the current download site requires that i download an .exe and run it which is impossible on mac.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:14 pm
Forum Moderator

No it isn't. It's a completely standard rar archive.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm

I placed the Download Instructions.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you sorry about that.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Quote wrote:
Awesome! Love the ammo backpack and the way you handle superweapons! And the explosion on that grenade is one of the best I've seen!

I've just got a little peeve with how the stealth unit works. Ever since B27 rolled out I can't play the game in fullscreen, and the windowed mode I'm playing in zooms way out. So I can't really see the intensity of the actor's eyes that well. So could you make the energy meter on his back appear during stealth mode? Pretty please?

Also, the special rifle and the knife are only invisible if you turn invisible while wielding that weapon. Changing to a stealth-compatible weapon will not cloak it, thus getting Stealth Soldier shot. It's not a huge problem, but if you could improve it...

Another thing: If I start the Heavy Soldier's jetpack and go into the pie menu, it will fly until it runs out of juice, as opposed to the bursts that happen normally. It's sort of useful, actually, but you decide if it's worth rooting out or if it's a nice little hidden feature to keep.

We made the energy meter invisible in stealth mode so that it won't be too easy to spot him when playing against human. Try to remember approximate duration of stealth mode and try to hide before it runs out.
I'll see what I can do about it though.

Problem with changing weapons while invisible is a known issue, and I tried to fix it with no success. I will try again for sure.

As for Heavy's jetpack, it never happened to me yet but I will try and reproduce this glitch to see what I can do about it.

Also I'm happy to announce we will be back from our short vacation soon and that means hard work on the Heavy Weapons Update! Please leave comments and report bugs so we would know if something needs changing or rebalancing. Also we would like to know whether you like our mod or not and why exactly, because we put a lot of work into it and it is important to us to know it's not in vain.

Last edited by Mad Alex on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 pm
Profile ICQ
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

[It's a thing that happens with all actions, hold -right- and activate the pie menu, while it is open, you should still be moving right even if you let go of the -right- button]

Or at least last time I checked, or played Cortex Command.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:22 am

Quote:
We made the energy meter invisible in stealth mode so that it won't we too easy to spot him when playing against human

The Royal 'We'

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:09 am

When your mod first came out, I always found it a bit bland, to0 basic and simple, but since this last update I really love it, the actors look much better, the weapons are more versatile. I'm also very impressed with your actor uniqueness now.

My only complaint, Adfly, I usually don't download from people who use it, but I turned the other cheek this time. And I do understand your reason for doing so, It seems fair that you get some compensation for your work honestly.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: OnLine Tech
The jetpack of the online heavy soldier seems to only fire in relatively long bursts, but not long enough. It's so hard to move him anywhere, I assume you did this on purpose. There is a bu though, when i bring up and keep the pie menu on-screen while the jetpack is working the jetpack continuously blasts until I let go of right click. It's like the general bug in-game when you hold crouch or a direction while doing the same thing.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Great mode but i miss using them in campaign. And could you make sniper rifle for stealth soldier

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next