View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 OnLine Tech 

Post Re: OnLine Tech
Awesome mod, really, but ONE thing I miss, is a sneaky sniper rifle.
Anyway, great mod.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Any chance for a loadout.ini file for 1.0 campaign play?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:46 am

Is there gonna be a zip for this?

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I remember this mod...OH the fun i had with the detonation charges! But the Stealth Guys are pretty annoying as they can only have a knife and a small smg invisible. Otherwise...pretty fun to play.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Well, the Stealth Soldier is meant to be hard to use. It does require some skill to be effective.
In other news, Heavy Weapons Update is delayed. We are working on different part of mod instead, and we're already done with couple of coll things, but there are plenty more to do if we are going to release it with all we've planned for this update.
As concerns Heavy Wepons Update, the main problem with that part of the mod is that we haven't got enough ideas, so you guys can help us with that. This is especially true for fancy weaponry for Scout Bot.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 pm
Profile ICQ

will there be a zip? :???:

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Arrrgh3 wrote:

Please just download WinRar. Sure, it may annoy you every time, but its better than to beg for .zip

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Zip Version Here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?50wbbc1o28c9ymj

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 am

Notsoscary wrote:
Arrrgh3 wrote:

Please just download WinRar. Sure, it may annoy you every time, but its better than to beg for .zip

Alternatively, download the superior 7-zip.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:08 am
Profile WWW

This must be one of the best mods on these forums. The soldiers are well-balanced, the weapons are all very satisfying and smooth, and fit their role well, and the grenade/detcharge/ion cannon mechanics are fantastic. Really, they should be standard on grenades and heavy weapons. All it's missing is a sniper rifle and some form of grenadier/light anti-armor weapon.

I wrote a provisional Loadouts.ini for this faction, and it's attached; obviously, there's no sniper unit or turret unit, and I've chosen the Long Shotgun soldier variant as the default. There's an item list to assist in making further loadouts, and I've also added the Index.ini required for the metagame; either modify yours as needed or replace it with the one I've uploaded.

Attachments:
Loadouts.ini [3.13 KiB]
Downloaded 503 times
Item List.txt [564 Bytes]
Downloaded 362 times
Index.ini [1.87 KiB]
Downloaded 485 times
Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 am

In fact, I kinda wrote the loadouts for this for the next update.
As concerns sniper rifle/GL, the problem is we don't wanna make it an another generic thing just to fill the SR or GL "slot". If we are doing it, then it should not be too boring to play with like Coalition SR or imba like the old B23 Coalition HSR, we want to do something fancy and original, but also balanced.
As we announced before, the next update had to be the 'Heavy Weapons Update', focused right on dealing with sniper rifles/grenade launchers/rocket launchers. But the problems is, we haven't got any interesting ideas for those things, so we decided to put them away for the time being and implemented a couple of completely different features instead.
During these months, as always, there were both times when we worked hard and enthusiastically, and those times when we did completely nothing, being distracted by real life and just lacking motivation in general. But we are glad we added a number of interesting and original features.

Right now it is the time of doing nothing again. I'm sure all of you guys are familiar with it: I haven't been playing CC for weeks now.
But I'm still willing to finish this update. Partly, the reason I once again stopped working on the mod is that I set a target for myself that turned out to be a little bit too difficult to achieve, so now I'm stuck with a half-finished feature. I hope I'll get over it after some time. Right now, I just don't get a proper kick to return back to work.
Btw you guys can help me a bit by posting some more feedback on the current version (cause I'm sure there are still things that require fixing) and throwing in some ideas for new content and features (for the already mentioned SR/GL/RL, for example). Who knows, perhaps one good idea could trigger a chain reaction of creativity in my head :)

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile ICQ

why not make spider drones that get launched by grenades? they can detonate when near other actors or for reconnaissance. you can make an HDFirearm that launches the explosive which spawns the actor.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:15 pm

how do I extend the shields for stealth?

is this it?

i want to increase stealth time for my own use

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:52 am

Hmm, seems like I wrote the script in not very modification-friendly way. I'll change it a bit so it's easier to modify the amount of energy.

EDIT:

Right now, you can make the energy drain slower by finding this part:

And increasing the highlighted number.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:20 am
Profile ICQ

I know i'm necroing this thread, but I got the game recently and I noticed (particularly on the steamworkshop) that there's very few new mods so I ended up digging the forum to find great mods and I found this gem, it's old but still working and it's great! And since one of the co-creator of this mod logged in pretty recently (November 19) I tought : Hey i'm gonna ask the creator himself! (if he sees the post) so long story short: i got a question, are you ever going to finish this amazing mod?? I absolutely love all the details and the fact that every actor has a role and a special ability :D

Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next