View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 OnLine Tech 

OnLine Tech

-----------The description is written by Mad_Alex-----------

OnLine is an independent military organization that pursues its own goals and interests, which are usually unknown outside of it.
I does not contact much with FreeTrade Corp and has its own space stations on the orbit of the Planet.
Its government is unknown, and it has no central planetary base, having a number of various space stations in the deeps of space.
It uses variety of clones, from "meat-puppets" to semi-sentient and sentient ones and sometimes humans.
It hires scientists and cortex commanders who want to become a professional soldier and military officer.
Once hired, their officers usually stay loyal to the organization forever, becoming part of it.

The organization commercially supports foreign commanders on the Planet, providing their military support as an alternative to the TradeStar market.
Pretty much anyone can download and install their catalog, which is embedded in the standart TradeStar interface.
From their own orbital space station you can purchase advanced weaponry, thanks to numerous secret OnLine science stations hidden in deep space.

About the Revision Update (18.08.2012):
We've remade pretty much every single item in the mod, trying to make every item available to be useful and unique, but also balanced in some way. Balance stays same: OnLine is generally stronger than vanilla factions, but the most powerful weapons were designed to require skills to be used. Feel free to comment on balance issues if you think there are ones. It took us longer than we thought, but it's worth time we've put in it (about 3 months). Still, we had to take out some parts of mod that we haven't finished in time, we gonna work on them in the next updates. Unfortunately, this includes metagame loadouts.
Next update is going to be the Heavy Weapons Update, so stay tuned.

Contents description:

Actors:

Stealth Soldier

Perfect for reconaissance, infiltration and sabotage, he's capable of using his stealthsuit to become almost completely invisible. Enable/disable this function with Pie Menu. You can see how much energy left by glowing dots on his body when visible. When invisible, the only way to judge how much energy left is by his visual sensors glowing intensivity. Energy is quickly recharging when this ability is not used. It is recomended to equip Stealth Soldier with Knife and/or Special Rifle as they are compatible with his stealth suit and will become invisible when suit is activated.
Be careful as exit wounds can compromise your camouflage. Invisibility will be automatically deactivated when under attack.

Regen Soldier

This soldier is equipped with regenerating armor which can rapidly heal any wounds and reconstruct any fractures in its surface. When on full health, his regensuit automatically redirects its energy to slowly heal nearby allies. But the more frendly units are there to be healed, the more targets are there to distribute energy on, therefore healing speed reduces. This feature is not intended to make regen soldier a medic-like class and can't be used to effectively heal allies mid-battle.

Heavy Soldier

This guy eats dreadnoughts for breakfast. Designed for direct frontal attacks, he can withstand incredible amounts of damage. You can give him your heaviest weapons, he will make use of them. The main problem with this class is its limited mobility, which restricts it to frontal ground attacks, and makes it easy target for explosives. Capable of carrying Machinegun Ammo Backpack to gain additional advantage with Machinegun. To use it, just put the backpack in your inventory, and Heavy Soldier will load his machine gun with belt instead of regular magazine.

Scout Bot

The beloved child of the art of robotics, this modular machine can be used for variety of tasks. Quickly changing it form, it can be fast and maneuverable flyer or a battle droid that can pickup and use weapons. It's got a laser embedded in its head, which is available both in flyer mode for self-defence aswell as fast, short, annoying aerial attacks and in infantry mode when unarmed. However, this basic laser is weak enough, and in order to use the bot for more serious fights, he should carry more firepower. You can achieve it by picking up weapons in infantry mode, but you'll be forced to drop them upon transforming. Fortunately, the modular construction of droid allows you to upgrade him and tune to your liking. Right now there are two ways to upgrade him: install an arm-mounted gun (Tier I Upgrade) and body-embedded cannon (Tier II Upgrade). You can only choose one Tier I and one Tier II upgrade at a time. Unfortunately, there is not much choice at the moment: the only Tier I and Tier II upgrades available right now are Dartgun and Rocket Pod accordingly. You can find both of them in the weapons tab. To equip one just add it to bot's inventory upon purchasing. Upgrades are permanent and can't be losed by transforming.

Dartgun shoots explosive darts with delayed explosion. It is powerful but somewhat tricky to use, because in order to deal maximum damage, dart should stick right into target, and short delay before explosion makes you vulnerable in a face-to-face gunfight.

Rocket pod is embedded into droid's body and can be extended to fire up to 4 rocket in quick succession. When not extended, it is automatically reloaded inside the body. The rockets are powerful, but take long to reload, so use them only when your primary weapon can't help.

Weapons:

Knife
Best used by Stealth Soldier for quick and silent assasination, but can be used instead of sidearm by regular soldiers.

Special Rifle
Desinged specially for Stealth Soldier, it features sound and flash supressor, compact and easily replacable magazine and special invisibility surface cover, so its compatible with Stealth Soldier's invisibility suit.

Revolver
Basically just a faithful sidearm, it can do things a regular sidearm is incapable off, thanks to extra-massive bullets. When used with wit, it is able to outdo almost any primary weapon in some specific situations. Considering its fast reload time it is a must-have for anyone on the battlefield.

Assault Rifle, Long Shotgun
Image Image
Bullpup assault rifle with high rate of fire and semi-automatic shotgun with long barrel - these are wonderful regular weapons of OnLine, and loving sister and brother of any OnLine trooper.

Close Quarters Combat Shotgun
This experimental automatic shotgun holds multiple amounts of extra kick per round, and is literally devastating in close range, but its range is limited to short and middle distances.

Machinegun
Great tool for providing supressive fire. Your enemies barely would even think about trying to leave their covers. This gun is effective in controlling the battlefield by the wall of bullets.
To make it even more unstoppable, you can support it with ammo by belt from Machinegun Ammo Backpack, when its used with Heavy Soldier.

Ion Cannon
Well... it's superweapon. A common problem with weapons of this kind is being overpowered. Attempt to balance it by absurdly high reload-time make them practically one-time-use, because no one would stand in the middle of the battlefield undefended, with reloading weapon in his arms, waiting - that's completely not fun. Thats why Ion Cannon is using self-recharging battery. You can shoot it only when it's fully charged (100% charge). Charging time is 1 minute and does not require manual reloading: after unleashing its power on your enemy, you can simply put it in your inventory and continue to exterminate remaining survivors, while the battery of your cannon is recharging by itself.

Frag Grenade
Another common problem is grenades, which are useless - weak and one-time-use only.
We made sure this grenade will be useful in the battle. It is pretty powerful, and can be reused: when you bought it once, you can stop worrying about saving your grenades: you can throw a grenade after a 10 sec delay after throwing previous one. Whether a grenade is avalaible at the moment is visible on your belt when using OnLine actors.

Breaching charge
Tired of that crappy useless C4? Tired of carrying a dozen of charges and also a detonator on your back, with a complete mess in your inventory? Tired of those moments when that crazy amount of charges you carried with you and then carefully sticked on enemy door only scratched it a bit (but blew your head off with its goddamn shrapnel)? Put the OnLine explosive in your inventory. You can stick it wherever you want and then remotely detonate it without buying separate detonator unlimited amount of times. Concentrated charge will instantly destroy any regular door or blow a hole in the wall without hurting you. If you're lucky, you can stick it onto a dreadnought...

------------------
If you've got questions, suggestions, critics or something else regarding the mod, feel free to post it here or contact us via PM. (Preferably me, Mad_Alex, because I am better at English. Oh, and you also can PM me to help me improve the text of this topic or in-game description, and fix possible mistakes)
------------------

Credits (From Mad_Alex):
Stealth technology was based on Tau Stealthsuit script by DudeAbides (which is based on Yuurei script by Darlos9D)
Scout Bot's laser is based on Mehman's lasers from his MEW mod.
Scout Bot's flight mechanisms are based on Abdul's gunships.
Scout Bot's dartgun script is based on CC48's Needler.
Ion Cannon explosion is made using parts of deathbringer's Particle Cannon.

Thanks to:
Azukki
Abdul Alhazred
CaveCricket48
- I learned a lot from their scripts, also some tricks originally used by them are used in my scripts here and there.

Thanks to Azukki and other people who created the Visible Inventory technology.

Thanks to various authors of mods from which I took some sounds and bits of scripts.

Thanks to Man_With_Gun
- for being good guy and easy to work with .
- for the effort he put in this mod.
- for his original idea and its nice implementation in previous versions.

-----------------
If you noticed I used significant your work and forgot to put your name here, PM me.

Credits (From Man_With_Gun):
Used some sprites from:
Zombies'09 by Geti.
UniTec by Gotcha!

↓Download Instructions↓

Last edited by I_am_Killer_Man on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 32 times in total.

Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

Post Re: OnLine Tech
nice mod, but, why the hell the special soldier is cheaper than the normal soldier?

Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Because normal soldier is stronger.

Tue May 31, 2011 6:05 pm
Profile ICQ

at first i was like WOAH online then i was like aww its a mod then i was like WOAH this looks good
its too bad my cortex command is laggy as hell so i cant use this

Tue May 31, 2011 9:25 pm

The Commando is unavailable for some reason.
The Long Shotgun appears to be just a resprite of the vanilla shotgun, but nevertheless I like it. A long-range shotgun isn't something that comes up often.
Is there an activationdelay in the code for the grenade launcher? It seemed that it needed to be wound up. Which would make it a gatling grenade launcher. Certainly unusual.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 am

Commando is a brain actor so it could be placed in bunker building mode.

I like how everything in this mod is well balanced and every actor or device has its own advantages and disadvantages (except grenade launcher and rocket launcher - they need some work)
Great example of how respriting and changing vanilla content can end up as pretty awesome faction.

It has its own style while perfectly fits all the vanilla content.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 am
Profile ICQ

Ah ha, brain. Yes, forgot about that bit.
Anyway, I agree with Alex; it came out quite nicely.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Your light rockets don't hit actors.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:21 pm

I like everything about the mod, but like every single actor with a jetpack there are problems. Namely, when you land one actor in front of another and he tries to get out of the way by jetpacking he flys off the screen and kills himself from either flying off the map or hitting the ground. I would suggest nerfing the jetpack so it doesn't propel the actor from 0 to 500mph in 1 second.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 pm
Profile WWW

New Update

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

I like the spritework for the guns, pretty cool. The heads are Zombies '09 heads, you should credit the maker of that or change them.

Last edited by Whydoch on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Download doesn't seem to work, which is disappointing because this mod looks very promising.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 am

Ask before you steal someone else's sprites and resprite them for your own.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:57 am

Sory Gotcha I steal only katana.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Katana will be removed in the next version, which is right ahead. Were are going to finish it in next few days. Katana is a placeholder that was about to be removed, but we accidentaly left it there and released.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:21 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next