View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 XavierStudio's Mod Repository (Grenade Satchels) 

XavierStudio's Mod Repository (Grenade Satchels)
For Other Mods:

Full Metal R&D
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25449&p=438455#p438455

p3lb0x's Pillbox
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25449&p=527189#p527189

LASER Commander
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25449&p=527231#p527231

Franchi SPAS-12 and Beretta M9
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25449&p=532535#p532535

KRISS Vector SMG
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25449&p=551801#p551801

Grenade Satchels
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25449&p=552342#p552342

Image Red Armory, Variable Assault Image

I HAVE UPDATED THIS TO BE A REPENTANT PIECE OF ♥♥♥♥

The Red Armory (Variable Assault Division) would like to welcome you to the wonderful world of the color red! In this small, but by no means ineffective, pack of weapons, you will find the basics, as well as something you might not have seen before. But first, the backstory.

The Red Armory (Variable Assault Division) was created some time ago. What time? Nobody knows. They dropped off the map sometime between the end of Earth's last hurrah, and conception and popularization of TradeStar Midas. Before that, well, nobody knows. I, being a business man, have found them, and are now doing business with them through TradeStar. They won't tell me where they come from, where they are, or how they make their weapons, but I don't need to know. All I know is that their weapons are top-notch, and need little training to attain mastery.

Down to the brass tacks. These weapons, being of such magnificent quality, won't let you down. They simply cannot let you down.

Here, have the buylist.

For unbridled power, don't go to Kentucky, go to me, who goes to the guys who work at RA-VA, the masters of the color red!

FAQ (Total Lie)

Q) Is this is your first mod?
A) First 'published' mod. I did some tweaking of weapons and actors at the start, modded some of UniTec's guns later, and then made some of my own guns. Then this!

Q) Can you make an actor?
A) Quiet.

Q) These guns suck. Can you make them better?
A) Shut your mouth, you.

Disclaimer:
Currently empty.

Credits:
Gotcha! for unintentionally (or intentionally) letting us lowlings use his code to learn stuff. And for reminding me that the Banana sites exist.
Cavecricket48 for his flawless weapon-switching lua, which is only used once in this mod, but I think he deserves more credit than that.
Mehman for being a ♥♥♥♥ genius.
Yoman98 for spriting some decent weapons.
My good friend for helping in my times of need. They didn't really exist all that much.
And I, Xavier for bringing the collective knowledge of a shovel and two mollusk together to make these refried-ass weapons.

Attachments:
File comment: This is for Build 25/26, version 1.0
Red Armory Variable Assault.rte.zip [1.77 MiB]
Downloaded 934 times
File comment: This is for Build 25/26, version 2.0
Red Armory Variable Assault.rte.zip [1.77 MiB]
Downloaded 699 times
File comment: This is for build 1.0, version 3.0
Red Armory Variable Assault.rte.rar [1.38 MiB]
Downloaded 468 times
File comment: This is for Build 1.0, version 3.01
Red Armory Variable Assault.rte.rar [1.38 MiB]
Downloaded 806 times

Last edited by XavierStudios on Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 am, edited 35 times in total.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:35 am

Post Re: RA-VA, Red Armory, Variable Assault
Looking good so far, although the weapons look very similar to one another. Maybe you can add some variation to the sprites?

Well, onto the next step! Actors. :grin:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:09 am

Gotcha! wrote:
Looking good so far, although the weapons look very similar to one another. Maybe you can add some variation to the sprites?

Well, onto the next step! Actors. :grin:

I wanted to stay true to the whim of the spriter, and that was modular weapons. Though I could edit them to make them stand out from each other, I won't. Not to mention you probably haven't read the disclaimer.

To everyone who downloads, tests, and what have you, I need feedback.

I have a plan. One of which I've never seen on this forum before.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:07 pm

I'd cut down on the triteness bout' your disclaimer homie. They're nice, but the sprites do need some variation. Just cause someone else mad them doesn't mean you can't tweak them for variety.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Glowsticks wrote:
I'd cut down on the triteness bout' your disclaimer homie. They're nice, but the sprites do need some variation. Just cause someone else mad them doesn't mean you can't tweak them for variety.

I will change the disclaimer. Soon. But I need to know if the guns fit the role they have been assigned. Surely, they aren't perfect. I'm more worried about the functionality than the look. That will change, however.

What I'm trying to do may (Or may not) be rather ambitious, especially for a first mod, but I hope that I can deliver something with at least a modicum of quality. This secret will be revealed soon.

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:18 pm

These look cool and I'm excited to see what this secret is :D

Just remember, the Red Gear Army has had control of the color red for a long time, and they REALLY like the color red! :p

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Lookout RGA, a new challenger approaches. lol, and would that wonderful real-life friend happen to be me? :P

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:45 pm

KaiserKuns wrote:
Lookout RGA, a new challenger approaches. lol, and would that wonderful real-life friend happen to be me? :P

Shut your mouth you blithering idiot. I don't know you.

Or do I?

Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:19 am

I've been busy with Minecraft 1.8 for a while, but thankfully it's no longer interesting, so I am loading up Photoshop as we speak, and I'm going to update the sprites to something that isn't so bad even better!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Updated! Now contains 32% less suck and 100% more Pie-Menu Goodness! Mmm... Pie...

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: RA-VA and Full Metal R&D -- Brand New!
Image Full Metal R&D Image

THIS MOD WORKS FOR 1.0, HOWEVER THE LASER SIGHT SCRIPT DOES NOT WORK

Full Metal R&D is a bit of a strange case; they love steel-core rounds in their weapons. Most other manufacturers of weapons often go with some sort of hollow-point, or controlled expansion, or even air-burst style fragmentation. Not Full Metal. As the name implies, they prefer heavy weapons, most of which are indeed hefty and difficult to carry. That doesn't mean they won't be effective, because they are. They have 6 weapons, but 4 of them have a variation to them, from multiple fire modes, to laser sights, to scopes. Actually, there are just those three variations, but, still...

Full Metal was conceptualized by a group of hardcore fanatics who surgically grafted metal-alloys onto their skin, all to resemble fictitious super-heroes like Iron Man and, well... That's about it. Perhaps they didn't have the connections to get real armor. Then again, the metal they used is high-end. None-the-less, they wanted to sell their weaponry to folks like you. Perhaps they want that armor. Maybe they just want to be altruists. I don't know. All that I do know is their guns are nigh indestructable, and can whup some serious ass.

For all that it matters, the rounds they use, as stated above, are solid slugs with good weight distribution. This provides exquisite control over where these rounds land. The UXM series of weapons, which are the ones I am selling you right now, take this to an extreme. Using micro-fins to stabilize the round mid-flight, they can almost bend the bullet's trajectory to snipe dummies and crabs from ridiculous distances away. Even the rocket launcher they developed uses superheated slats of metal to tear apart the competition, while others may simply use a mass of composite-4 or such fiery explosives. By the way, UXM stands for 'Universal Experimental Model-.'

They have handed me ballistics data and their contact information, as well as a picture of their weapons. It isn't framed very well, but it will suffice. I have yet to actually get my hands on one of these. I assure you, the data doesn't lie.

Credits:
Gotcha! again, for the same reason as last time.
CaveCricket48, ^ ditto.
Mehman, for obvious reasons.
Shook for the beautiful laser-sight script.
Coops9753 for the sprites.
My friend again because he gave me the name for this set of weapons.
And I, Xavier, for thinking like a solid chunk of plastic and making these.

Attachments:
File comment: Build 26, possibly Build 25, version 1.0
Full Metal.rte.zip [1.08 MiB]
Downloaded 463 times
File comment: Build 26, possibly Build 25, version 1.1
Full Metal.rte.zip [1.08 MiB]
Downloaded 567 times

Last edited by XavierStudios on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:28 am

re:A Brand-New-Yet-Very-Generic Era, p3lb0x's Pillbox
Man, this thread is a sight for sore eyes. The 'sore eyes' part isn't too far off from reality, really. I apparently went on a modding spree that lasted two mods, but both really got me pumped to make more. One problem, though, is that I can only release one of them right now. The one I plan on releasing right now is p3lb0x's Pillbox. Just look down a little. It's hard to miss.

Anyway, if you're still here reading this or you came back after finding out the mod is ♥♥♥♥, let me tell you something: I'm a bit psychotic. I have a friend who'll vouch for me and the chances of him shitting up this thread are rather high. I have a big project that I'm working on and I'm either gonna need help or motivation. Having pumped out two moderate-quality mods in four days is pretty good, but this is a serious undertaking that I'm not sure I'll be able to finish.

Strike that last statement. Replace it with 'I know I won't be able to finish it.' I'm gonna get burned out half way through the second phase, and that's the best-case scenario. It's even more pathetic considering I'm not giving this project the effort it deserves. Now that I've officially crafted a wall of text, let's get to the meat of this serious bout of necromancy.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

Image p3lb0x's Pillbox Image

Credits:
p3lb0x for the sprites
Data and the developers for the game and code I used
My friend for being a proper expletive
Myself for being something derogatory and making these weapons

There are indeed a few weapons in this pack, and some of them are definitely effective. Maybe too effective, but that's for you faceless internet guys/maybe-girls to find out. Please note that the prices lose their meaningfulness as you go down the list. Also, please note I am not gay for p3lb0x. Any and all references to him in this mod are purely platonic.

Speaking of p3lb0x, I'd like to know what you think of these weapons. I'm sure you'd have wanted them to be used for good and not carelessly wasted on a pathetic excuse for a mod.

Anyway, regarding the second mod I have ready, I'm waiting for Shook to reply back to me. If all goes well it should be released soon, but as of right now, it's lying in wait, ready to pounce and destroy your face.

Regarding the special project, as soon as I have something worth releasing, I'll bring you faceless internet people up to speed. Then, maybe, I'll be more willing to get to work on it.

Attachments:
File comment: This is version 1.0. There are a few more things to do, but otherwise, it is good enough to warrant a release.
p3lb0x's Pillbox.rte.rar [577.23 KiB]
Downloaded 419 times
File comment: This is version 2.0. There are still things to do, but now the things that are in here are better. Still things to do.
p3lb0x's Pillbox.rte.rar [588.01 KiB]
Downloaded 680 times

Last edited by XavierStudios on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:38 am

Post Re: RA-VA and Full Metal R&D -- Brand New!
I just tested out the Pillbox mod, and I'd like to give you some feedback. (You should probably put the new mod in the OP too, you'll get a bit more exposure that way.)

It needs a bit of work, but it's alright. I'm happy to see any new mod at this point, so thanks for the release.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 am

Post Re: RA-VA and Full Metal R&D -- Brand New!
uberhen wrote:
It needs a bit of work, but it's alright. I'm happy to see any new mod at this point, so thanks for the release.

Also, about wanting new releases, if Shook would hurry up and answer my PM, you'd have another mod to test. It's all weapons, but they're a little more creative and, dare I say, original than just bullet weapons.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 am

Post Re: A Brand-New-Yet-Very-Generic Era, p3lb0x's Pillbox
Wow, you listened to my suggestions and put out a new version so quick. I am humbled.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next