View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 XavierStudio's Mod Repository (Grenade Satchels) 

Post Re: A Brand-New-Yet-Very-Generic Era, p3lb0x's Pillbox
uberhen wrote:
Wow, you listened to my suggestions and put out a new version so quick. I am humbled.

You are the first person to give suggestions in this thread for any of my mods, so I feel inclined to listen to them. Thank you, uberhen.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Post Re: p3lb0x's Pillbox and LASER Commander
Speaking of mods, I have a new one. A mod that I now have permission to release. Thank you, Shook.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

Image LASER Commander Image

LASER Commander is very heavily based on Shook's laser code from his Hueg Pack o' Mods. Please click here to give it some love.

There is a little explaining to do here. My friend wanted to make a laser mod of his own, but he kept going on and on about how Lua is such a complicated thing and he can't make his laser mod. Then, when he started planning how his lasers would work and how the colors would correspond to unique effects, I got pretty miffed. None of them made sense.

So I wanted to make my own. After giving up on it for a small while, I looked at Shook's Hueg Pack o' Mods and his UniRape laser was entirely .ini based, so I could butcher it more efficiently.

Now, on to the lasers and what they do.

The Red laser is a standard-issue laser. It shoots a high-power piercing laser. Good for getting through armor.

The Orange laser is a spread shot. We all know orange is the natural color of spreading. (I couldn't think of anything for Orange.)

The Yellow laser is a repeating laser. I got this idea from real laser pointers and how yellow laser lights cannot produce a solid beam or something. They need to pulse it for some reason.

The Green laser is an incendiary laser. You've all seen the YouTube videos where some tech junky lights a match or some paper with a laser light of some sort, and Green felt right. (Please note: the way the lasers work, the green laser is rather finicky and probably won't light an actor on fire if you direct it straight at him.)

The Blue laser is the power laser. It can power through lesser squishies with ease.

The Indigo laser, which is in the tools section, is a digging laser. It produces a beam that cuts through all forms of matter quickly, but is absolutely harmless against actors.

The (Ultra)Violet laser is the weirdest one. It produces an almost-black beam of light that, upon striking something that isn't an actor, will produce a field of radiation. I originally planned on having it shoot once and make a lasting field. Now it's a point-defense weapon. Point, click and hold. That spot will not be safe for any actor on either team.

Violet is now what it was originally planned to be. Click once and it's goodbye mobility/health.

A couple of somethings to note about the weapons. They all have the same sprites because I'm lazy. They all have the ammo regeneration script from UniTec edited for each of them. That's it.

If you want this mod, head over to the Workshop page and subscribe. I won't put the mods up for download here anymore, but I'll still offer significant updates if I keep doing this modding thing.

Credits:
Shook for making the lasers in the first place. Hueg Pack o' Mods is right here.
Darlos9D for the fire things.
Gotcha! for making UniTec and having some good Lua scripts in it.
My friend for miffing me or something.
Myself, not for being the butcher this forum wants, but for being the butcher this forum needs.

Attachments:
File comment: This is version 1.0. There might still be things to do.
LASER Commander.rte.rar [449.2 KiB]
Downloaded 499 times

Last edited by XavierStudios on Sun May 25, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:03 pm

You should have a "Prismatic Laser Cannon" that has a slightly larger sprite and spits out an emission of all the lasers combined lol..

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Corpsey wrote:
You should have a "Prismatic Laser Cannon" that has a slightly larger sprite and spits out an emission of all the lasers combined lol..

We can also call it, White.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 am

Polychroic? :P

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 am

Corpsey wrote:

How about something along the vein of the Personal Ion Cannon from Command & Conquer? A big laser that explodes would make a nice addition to the arsenal.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:55 am

Something along these lines.. only this doesn't work :P

Attachments:
Prismatic.ini [5.94 KiB]
Downloaded 337 times
Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:39 am

Corpsey wrote:
Something along these lines.. only this doesn't work :P

It appears to work just fine. Unless, of course, you're talking about it not working in the 'this is totally balanced' sense.

In which case, yeah. It's not balanced. However, I might be able to use this for something.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:49 am

EDIT: Sorry I'm sick so what I just typed sounded dumb. What I meant to say is that the intention was something overpowered - basically shooting all the lasers you had made at once. Unfortunately the HDFirearm in the ini I posted doesn't have the cool effects such as lighting people on fire and properly spreading out the orange laser. I could've worked on it more I just whipped that up in a couple secs because you had all the particles already coded.

Edit2: LOL putting the right particle actor in place has great results.....

Attachments:
Prismatic.ini [6.76 KiB]
Downloaded 314 times
Prismatic Laser.lua [1.29 KiB]
Downloaded 324 times

Last edited by Corpsey on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

XavierStudios wrote:
Corpsey wrote:

How about something along the vein of the Personal Ion Cannon from Command & Conquer? A big laser that explodes would make a nice addition to the arsenal.

Onine Tech has an amazing Ion Cannon, it obliterates walls, and has a one minute cool down.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:29 am

Post Re: p3lb0x's Pillbox and LASER Commander, RA-VA Updated
We can rebuild him. We can make him stronger, faster...

... less shitty...

He will be...

... Red Armory Variable Assault, version 3.0. I've updated the sprites a little, balanced a few things, made some things better. I don't really remember.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 am

Burst fire of the pistol from RA-VA seems to spam errors regarding a burst timer.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Someone64 wrote:
Burst fire of the pistol from RA-VA seems to spam errors regarding a burst timer.

Indeed it does seem to throw errors everywhere. It's just a missing line in R1911 Extended Magazine Switch Burst.lua.

If you don't want to download the whole mod again, just take the file attached to this post and put it in Red Armory Variable Assault.rte/Lua/R1911/. Copy over the existing file, of course.

Attachments:
File comment: Red Armory Variable Assault.rte/Lua/R1911/
R1911 Extended Magazine Switch Burst.lua [2.52 KiB]
Downloaded 319 times
Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Post Re: Franchi SPAS-12 and Beretta M9
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Franchi SPAS-12 and the Beretta M9.

Image Franchi SPAS-12 Image

The Franchi SPAS-12 is a very versatile shotgun, capable of taking any 2 3/4 inch shotgun shell and using it. More often than not, people use the SPAS-12 as a pump action or semi-auto shotgun. That is because it is both. However, the shotgun shouldn't be constricted to one firing mode or the other. That is why I've made this mod, which consists of a modified Ronin SPAS-12 sprite and a lot of redundant code redundant code redundant code.

The shotgun uses the PIE menu to switch between several different types of shotgun shells. There is Buckshot, Dragon's Breath, Slugs, Frag-12 rounds, Sabot rounds, Rubber Buckshot and Door Breachers. There is also, as a bonus, a fantastic mode that Gotcha! promised but couldn't deliver on. Melee mode.

Frankly, it's a bit overpowered, but then what isn't?

Attachment:
File comment: This is basically version 2.0. Kinda polished but not really, but hey, shotguns?
Franchi SPAS-12.rte.rar [530.88 KiB]
Downloaded 342 times

Alternatively, you should subscribe to the addon on the Workshop so you can get the most recent version.

Credits:
Gotcha! for inadvertently teaching me how ♥♥♥♥ works.
Data and the developers of the game for the game.
Other people for being forgettable or something.
My friend for being uncaring and stuff.
Finally, I, Xavier, for doing what no man has not done before.

Image Beretta M9 Image

The Beretta M9 is what most people think of when you say 'Military Sidearm.' If you think of the Beretta M9, you aren't doing it right. M1911 all the way. Anyway, the Beretta M9 is a decent handgun if you want to use the piddly 9x19 round. It just so happens that it comes with a few different types. It comes with Full Metal Jacket (FMJ), Hollow Point (HP), Armor Piercing (AP) and non-bullet melee mode (Melee). It also comes with the ability to chamber a round, compliments to Azukki.

Attachment:
File comment: This is basically version 2.0, much more polished than before, and it's two-tone, too.
Beretta M9.rte.rar [258.28 KiB]
Downloaded 333 times

Seriously, the Workshop is great for instant mod downloading and installation.

Credits:
Gotcha! for the same reason as always.
Azukki for the bullet chambering sparkle-magic.
Data and the developers nobody reads these anyways.
My friend for giving me the sprites so I could make him a working weapon because he can't make one for the life of him.
Me for being a backstabbing bastard and stealing this with his permission.

Attachments:
File comment: This is version 1.1, and got fixed or something whatever.
Franchi SPAS-12.rte.rar [240.14 KiB]
Downloaded 400 times
File comment: This is version 1.1, and got updated or something whatever.
Beretta M9.rte.rar [91.98 KiB]
Downloaded 391 times

Last edited by XavierStudios on Tue May 20, 2014 5:10 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:16 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Franchi SPAS-12 and Beretta M9
For the shotgun, when switching to another mode, error on line 97 and Infinite Shotguns.

I can't tell the difference between the shots on the pistol, all I can guess is FMJ is sandard, HP is less penetration, more particles??? AP and +P are indistinguishable, but supposedly more penetration.

I suppose what happened with the shotgun is that it was suppose to dump a sound, whilst deleting the shotgun in your hand, spawning one in its place, and pick it up instantly, just like what it looks like with the pistol.
Failing that first item [dumping the sound], it simply adds shotguns to the inventory.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next