View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 XavierStudio's Mod Repository (Grenade Satchels) 

Post Re: Franchi SPAS-12 (v1.1) and Beretta M9
Foa wrote:
For the shotgun, when switching to another mode, error on line 97 and Infinite Shotguns.

I can't tell the difference between the shots on the pistol, all I can guess is FMJ is sandard, HP is less penetration, more particles??? AP and +P are indistinguishable, but supposedly more penetration.

I suppose what happened with the shotgun is that it was suppose to dump a sound, whilst deleting the shotgun in your hand, spawning one in its place, and pick it up instantly, just like what it looks like with the pistol.
Failing that first item [dumping the sound], it simply adds shotguns to the inventory.

I'm a colossal idiot and didn't delete the few lines of code that referenced things in UniTec. I really should make an installation of Cortex Command with no mods on it.

Anyway, the pistol was kinda hard for me to balance properly. I didn't want it to become a powerhouse, so I kept the rounds weak and pretty similar with a few differences.

FMJ is the standard round with no real weakness. One particle, decent velocity and sharpness.
HP has two particles but decreased sharpness. That way, armor deflects it completely.
AP has more mass and sharpness to get past armor.
I ran out of ideas after the above three and I didn't want just three modes, so I added +P rounds. They're supposed to be identical to FMJ, but faster with the tradeoff being more innacurate.

I'll try to make the pistol modes a little more diverse.

I'll update the main download for the SPAS-12, but if you want a hotfix, download these two files and replace them in the Franchi SPAS-12.rte/Lua directory. You must download both of them.

Attachments:
File comment: Franchi SPAS-12.rte/Lua/Franchi SPAS-12.lua
Franchi SPAS-12.lua [4.08 KiB]
Downloaded 343 times
File comment: Franchi SPAS-12.rte/Lua/Franchi SPAS-12 Melee.lua
Franchi SPAS-12 Melee.lua [3.17 KiB]
Downloaded 325 times
Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

There's All Tracers [probs aesthetical, unless you want there to be something to them], soft nose [harmless], shotshells [don't expect miracles], frangible [breaks into fragments upon hitting something, non-explosive], melee [a pistol whipping does hurt].

For guns, you could also look up wikipedia, or madness combat wiki [they have some interesting choices, but make sure to refer to wikipedia for actual statistics or something :v].

Since Cortex Command doesn't need a key anymore [or since the universal key has been released for prior builds] it should be no cinch to make a clean, test install.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:02 pm

Foa wrote:
There's All Tracers [probs aesthetical, unless you want there to be something to them], soft nose [harmless], shotshells [don't expect miracles], frangible [breaks into fragments upon hitting something, non-explosive], melee [a pistol whipping does hurt].

For guns, you could also look up wikipedia, or madness combat wiki [they have some interesting choices, but make sure to refer to wikipedia for actual statistics or something :v].

Since Cortex Command doesn't need a key anymore [or since the universal key has been released for prior builds] it should be no cinch to make a clean, test install.

Any round type should have tracers in-game, because it's a nice amenity.
A harmless pistol round wouldn't be of much use, frankly. The rubber buckshot isn't for killing, nor can it kill people directly. It's hella good at disarming people, and I liked that, but having a single round wouldn't do much.
I gave some thought to a 9mm birdshot mode, but it's not useful at all. The best case scenario you could use it in is as a messy executioner round, but that's it.
Frangible rounds are just heavier, sharper hollow point rounds. It'd undermine the hollow point if I didn't nerf it to high hell.

That leaves the pistol whip option. I gave this one some thought as well, and I decided against it because I didn't want to let all my weapons seem copy-pasted. Granted, they are to a point, but I suppose I can go the melee route.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:25 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I suppose the next thing is a machine gun, and a grenade launcher, maybe a digger or multi tool, but I don't know.
How about an armory module, a la Ardheim's vision for Iron Frontier, but hopefully it doesn't get too unwieldy.

Maybe a reload system like you see from Receiver.

I don't know.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Foa wrote:
I suppose the next thing is a machine gun, and a grenade launcher, maybe a digger or multi tool, but I don't know.
How about an armory module, a la Ardheim's vision for Iron Frontier, but hopefully it doesn't get too unwieldy.

Maybe a reload system like you see from Receiver.

I don't know.

I presume the reload system you're talking about is the one from this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3Mk6YyXzI

If so, that's ridiculous. However, I'm not familiar with this 'armory module' you're talking about. I can guarantee you that I couldn't do it, but I'm curious as to what it is.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:38 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Reciever also has an auto pistol, and a revolver.

The armory module, as far as I can remember was more or less a fancy bunker system that you could screw with purchasing, and modifying guns. I'm sure it involved swapping ammo types, and the gun itself for something else, past that, I'd have to search through a few old threads involving petethegoat and ardheim [formally know as lizard and lizardheim].

Azzuki was developing an active reload system aside from other novelty concepts for guns in the minor mods thread.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Foa wrote:
Reciever also has an auto pistol, and a revolver.

The armory module, as far as I can remember was more or less a fancy bunker system that you could screw with purchasing, and modifying guns. I'm sure it involved swapping ammo types, and the gun itself for something else, past that, I'd have to search through a few old threads involving petethegoat and ardheim [formally know as lizard and lizardheim].

Azzuki was developing an active reload system aside from other novelty concepts for guns in the minor mods thread.

I can tell you that I'd never be able to make anything resembling the armory module. Way too complex for my blood. Besides, the PIE menu is just fine for what I'm doing.

Also, yes, Azukki is rather prolific when it comes to minor mods like the bullet chambering or the active reload doohickey. I'd probably add more of his sparkle-magic, but it'd end up overtaking my mods and this thread would belong to him.

Also, I updated the Beretta M9.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:33 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Franchi SPAS-12 (v1.1) and Beretta M9 (v1.1)
You could get some practice trying to update the Advanced Bunker Modules Mod.

I think the Buying Module, and Directionally Accelerating Fortifications work, but not the Selling Module.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:38 am

Post Re: XavierStudio's Mod Repository
Oh, it has been another while, hasn't it? It sure does suck being lazy. Alright, time to get souper sirius. I just updated my Beretta M9 mod, located here for you fellow lazy folk who won't read the OP. It's also available on the Steam Workshop, located here.

I polished it, made it pretty shiny and balanced it a bit more. It's also two-tone. Wahoo for me. I also went and updated my Franchi SPAS-12, but I'm gonna put it up on the Workshop first, and then update the forum here.

I'm not sure why I'm saying all of this like someone's here to listen intently. Oh well.

Also, maybe consider subscribing on the Workshop because I intend to update rather frequently and the way I update here is tedious.

Franchi SPAS-12 is now on the Workshop.

Tue May 20, 2014 12:36 am

Post Re: XavierStudio's Mod Repository (KRISS Vector SMG)
Yay, new mod! It's a continuation of the Beretta M9 and Franchi SPAS-12 series.

Image KRISS Vector SMG Image

This weapon is an SMG with three types of ammunition and three fire modes, so you have nine different weapons with one purchase. FMJ, HP and AP with full-auto, two-round-burst and semi-auto for each. I like versatile weapons, and the three I have made so far fit the bill.

Go on and take a gander at the Workshop for this mod, as I don't have the patience to update here on the forum like this. I'll try and polish up my other mods and stick them on the Workshop.

Credits:
Gotcha! for being the biggest sucker, what with letting us common folk touch all up on his weapons.
Data and all the developers for making the game what it is and keeping it on life support.
Azukki for the bullet chambering.
Someone for the recoil script I love so much. I'd have to say Arcalane for making it easy to acquire.
My friend for playing Dark Souls II way, way too much and not paying attention to me.
And myself for being easily distracted.

Last edited by XavierStudios on Sun May 25, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Post Re: XavierStudio's Mod Repository (LASER Commander)
I updated LASER Commander pretty heavily. The sprites aren't much better than the default sprite I used, but it's more balanced regardless.

Head over to the Workshop if you want to download it and see just how much less mediocre it is now.

Sun May 25, 2014 4:20 am

Post Re: XavierStudio's Mod Repository (Grenade Satchels)
I made a new mod. Go check it out maybe. It's a thing with grenades and bombs. Not new grenades and bombs, mind you, just a bunch of things that let you get new grenades and bombs whenever you want. It's part of the Pie Menu Stuff series that I didn't have any plans on making, but whatevs. I'll make a proper update post when I wake up later.

Fri May 30, 2014 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3