View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b] 

Post Re: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Compilation [R19 Out!]
Why not just have a script that, upon object creation, randomly assigns how long the scripted object is going to last, and then attach that script to each damage particle that is fired directly from the gun?

So you fire 40 damage particles (for this example), each one with the script. Each particle's script will delete said particle after a period of time in between 200 and 800 MS.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Visual execution. I think a blast that thins out as it travels like that would probably look pretty weird. :???:

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:32 pm
Profile YIM

After many unfortunate and unexpected delays, I am now about ready to finish up work on the Tarantula turrets. The Widows will be getting a visual overhaul.

R20 might actually be out in time for Christmas! :lol:

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile YIM

If R20 comes out before Christmas, than, that will make my Christmas. Also i found the power sword occasionally causes the game to crash.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:02 pm

wow! good thing its still alive and this is epic

I've play this mod. So awesome

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:54 am

Progress Update: Widow/Tarantula price/balance tweaks are complete. I'm in the process of ironing out a couple of minor wrinkles in the script/code here and there. R20 will also bring Imperial Fire Support options to Void Wanderers in the form of Cluster Mortars and Plasma Shots for both IG/SM, with Basilisk/Bombard Shells for the IG and Whirlwind Rockets of Explosive and Incendiary flavours for the Space Marines. All options are helpfully prefixed with "Imperium" so you should have no trouble finding them in the support list.

Given the relative accuracy of the Void Wanderers Strikes and the power of Imperial Munitions, Imperium Fire Support options are more expensive than using Fire Support Designators. I will be keeping the Fire Support Designators in since the files are shared with UL2 and weegee's other scenarios like Dynamic Warfare, and their prices will remain unchanged.

Long story short, you now have two options for Fire Support in Void Wanderers;
1) Use the Void Wanderers bomb bays for accurate, remotely-targeted bombardment.
2) Use the Fire Support Designators for cheaper, manually-targeted bombardment.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm
Profile YIM

Quick question, Would you mind if I messed with the sprites and code to make a Heros of the Imperium expansion?

Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:08 pm

You could try, I suppose. Not like I can stop you, and the sprites/code aren't really mine to begin with - I just maintain and tweak stuff. I'm not sure exactly what you hope to achieve though. :???:

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:39 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Compilation [R20 Out!]
The Adeptus Mechanicus have authorized the deployment of Release Twenty. This includes new heavy turret-based firepower and rebalanced smaller turrets.

Download R20!
Pre-emptive Mediafire R20 Mirror!

Please bear in mind the various particle effects for plasma weapons are a little placeholder-y. If any of you have any good ideas on how to refine them, I'm all ears.

Main Changes:
×× Reduced lifetime + effect duration for M41 glow particles to improve performance.
×× Reinstated some tweaks/coding for plasma weapon behaviour to minimize 'glancing hit' effects.
×× New Ordnance Deployment System, aka fancy-ass drop crate. Special baseplate and so on.
××× The ODS can also be purchased as a prop/object for bunkers and basebuilding. They should be grid-aligned, but you'll have to fine-position them manually if you want to stack them up neatly.
×× Added custom spent shells for the autocannon.
×× Bumped Autocannon ROF back down to 75. As fun as 200 was, it was pretty overpowered. Reduced reload time a little.
×× Finetuned the Drop Pods a little to reduce the amount they dig into terrain and to prevent them from rolling over on impact.
×× New Tarantula Sentry Guns. Seven flavours, one for every day of the week! See this post for more details.
××× Overhauled/tweaked the Widow Sentry Guns as well.
××× Reduced Bolter Widow to 325oz, Hellgun Widow to 300oz.
××× Bolter Widow now has a slightly lower RPM and has to pause to reload after every 80 rounds.
××× Significantly increased woundlimits of Widow body/turret, but tweaked their wounds to balance it out.
×× Fixed up projectile trails for the Plasma Pistol standard shot a bit.
×× Tweaks to shotgun shotshell scripting. The number of damaging particles emitted by the actual shot particles now varies with distance, for the entire blast. The less time the particle has been flying for, the more damaging particles it'll emit - long story short, shots are deadlier up close and weaker at long range. Applies to the Automatic and Light shotguns.
×× Added support for Void Wanderers bombs feature.
××× The Space Marines and their allies gain access to Cluster Mortars, Whirlwind HE Vengeance Rockets, Whirlwind IN Castellan Rockets, and Orbital Plasma Blasts.
××× The Imperial Guard and their allies gain access to Cluster Mortars, Basilisk Mortars, Bombard Shells, and Orbital Plasma Blasts.
××× Bombs deployed using the Void Wanderers targeting feature are fairly expensive, but generally much more accurate than their designated equivalents.
×× Added support for the new UL2 Faction Loading System.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:41 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

For the Auto Shotgun, the SLug and Frag Rounds are Switched.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:04 pm

They're not. At least, not quite. What's actually happening is that the game is failing to find the correct fragmentation/explosion effect for frag shells for some reason. Slug shells have always silently fragmented on impact like kraken rounds.

This is despite the fact the effect is defined in the same file as all the other bolter fragmentation effects, which work fine. :???:

Ed: CC is super finicky about comments on the ends of PresetName lines, I guess. Fixed.

Unzip the attached file below to W40K.rte\Weapons\Bolt Weapons, overwriting the existing one.
Attachment:
BolterExplosions.zip [1.38 KiB]
Downloaded 489 times

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:29 am
Profile YIM

This is a minor rerelease of R20 including the fix for shotgun round weirdness, since I notice the standalone fix isn't getting many downloads.

Download R20F1!
Pre-emptive Mediafire R20F1 Mirror!

Also, I'd like to make a small request. Any of you who play with this mod on a regular basis - could you take some good 'action' shots of the various actors and weapons at work? I haven't had a chance to take any new shots since the major sprite update project.

There will probably be a rebalance update after the release of the latest build to make sure nothing has lost or gained too much power due to the changes to core actor/weapon balance.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:57 pm
Profile YIM

Any chance at seeing some terminators in this modpack? I've been using the other 40k modpack but having so many duplicate actors and weapons is kind of annoying. That, and the drop pods; the pods in the other pack are really, really, awesome, as in they stick around, drop doors etc. I hate to complain this much, because this is really awesome work you've done here, but those are my two only gripes about it.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Compilation [R20 Out!]
Autocannon is now to weak :-( WHERE IS THE POWER OF EMPEROR?! XD

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:51 pm

ted234521 wrote:
Any chance at seeing some terminators in this modpack? I've been using the other 40k modpack but having so many duplicate actors and weapons is kind of annoying. That, and the drop pods; the pods in the other pack are really, really, awesome, as in they stick around, drop doors etc. I hate to complain this much, because this is really awesome work you've done here, but those are my two only gripes about it.

Terminators I'm on the fence about. They would only really be feasible in larger bunkers or outside, and whilst this would be accurate... a lot of things in CC involve bunkers.

Drop pods I would definitely like to upgrade at some point. In truth I'd like more craft in general, but most attempts in that regard haven't panned out or been complete enough for implementation.

Both are infeasible due to lack of assets, though. Some mostly-complete Terminators were rigged up, but turned out to be slightly out of scale with everything else. More precisely; they were slightly too small compared to the already-large Marines, which set up a weird kind of contrast.

-------------------------

fifiszacun2000 wrote:
Autocannon is now to weak :-( WHERE IS THE POWER OF EMPEROR?! XD

Howso, exactly? The shaped blast impact is sometimes a bit weird with angling and hit detection, but it is easily one of the most powerful weapons available.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:07 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next