View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
 W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b] 

Post Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
Only if there's actual errors. I can't really help you if the game isn't giving useful error reports, sorry. :???:

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:01 pm
Profile YIM

Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
I know, its a very vague problem,
what i noticed is that this isn't the only mod that does that:
Same happens with S.A.W mod, RAZOR mod and others that use special scripts for shields etc.

would you happen to have any general info for that?

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:24 am

Not really, but there is one thing that springs to mind.

The primary cause I can think of is the base autobuild function, which often causes issues with custom factions even if their loadouts seem to be set up perfectly. I'd recommend not playing against Marine factions (possibly even custom factions in general), and if playing as them, build all of your bases manually rather than automatically. Additionally, avoid using the Loadout options provided in the basebuilder, and place & arm all troops manually.

Unfortunately it's just a load of fiddly bull♥♥♥♥ that's impossible for modmakers to really debug since there's no decent error reporting in the game. :???:

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:54 am
Profile YIM

Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
Understood,
nevertheless the loadout lead it a good start to help me identify the problems.

Thank you Arcalane!

Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 pm

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

For those wondering - no, I have not forgotten about this mod, nor have I truly moved on. I may roll out an update to various weapons soon, depending on how things go with the C&C mods.

But, aside from that, the Imperium is on indefinite hold.

That's not to say we won't revisit it at some point - it's certainly something I'd like to do some day. When that day comes, expect a complete overhaul - tighter, less overwhelming weapon/actor selection, new actors, new actor sprites, and so on. Not only that, but additional factions - Chaos, for starters.

I find myself standing at a major fork in the path however. Supporting multiple chapters means many more sprites are required. Therefore I am curious - would people rather have a single Space Marine Chapter (most likely Ultramarines - bland I know, but they work well in the CC palette) or a Deathwatch-esque Special Tasks Force?

In either case, this is all extremely long-term planning. Much work remains to be done on the GDI and Brotherhood! But fear not; they are serving as excellent opportunities to further refine my skills and expand my arsenal of sound/script/code/etc. assets. What will come immediately after remains to be seen, of course.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

For those wondering - no, I have not forgotten about this mod, nor have I truly moved on. I may roll out an update to various weapons soon, depending on how things go with the C&C mods.

But, aside from that, the Imperium is on indefinite hold.

That's not to say we won't revisit it at some point - it's certainly something I'd like to do some day. When that day comes, expect a complete overhaul - tighter, less overwhelming weapon/actor selection, new actors, new actor sprites, and so on. Not only that, but additional factions - Chaos, for starters.

I find myself standing at a major fork in the path however. Supporting multiple chapters means many more sprites are required. Therefore I am curious - would people rather have a single Space Marine Chapter (most likely Ultramarines - bland I know, but they work well in the CC palette) or a Deathwatch-esque Special Tasks Force?

In either case, this is all extremely long-term planning. Much work remains to be done on the GDI and Brotherhood! But fear not; they are serving as excellent opportunities to further refine my skills and expand my arsenal of sound/script/code/etc. assets. What will come immediately after remains to be seen, of course.

What about the salamanders? Oh wait...

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:31 pm

Might be a little late, depending on whether or not you've moved on from this mod, but I think a Deathwatch-style set of Space Marines would be better. Differentiating them would then just be a pauldron, which is a lot less spriting then making whole space marines.

(Also because I would hate to see Ultras used as posterboys again here. :^))

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 am

Deathwatch is mainly used for Xeno hunting, While the Astartas are used for well, actual warfare, would make little sense to actually involve the Deathwatch themselves, considering their role is small Assassin/Kill Squads, rather than companies making planet fall via deepstrike or with Thunderhawks which is what the Astartas are for.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81