View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b] 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Compilation [R20 Out!]
Oh hey, good job in keeping the mod up. Just downloaded it again and played for a while, it feels much more balanced. Guardsmen things are pretty much on-par to vanilla stuff in terms of balance.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:38 am

Once again, a good update.

Seems the Cortex Shock files still don't work, though. Hopefully this gets fixed sooner or later(Void Wanderers at least is fine).

EDIT: I should clarify; they need serious updating. I mean, they are not so much broken, but need updating to be usable.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:22 am

Asklar wrote:
Oh hey, good job in keeping the mod up. Just downloaded it again and played for a while, it feels much more balanced. Guardsmen things are pretty much on-par to vanilla stuff in terms of balance.

Good to hear. I wanted the IG to provide a stock-balanced angle to the mod that'd work neatly with the metagame.

---------------------------------

YX33A wrote:
Once again, a good update.

Seems the Cortex Shock files still don't work, though. Hopefully this gets fixed sooner or later(Void Wanderers at least is fine).

EDIT: I should clarify; they need serious updating. I mean, they are not so much broken, but need updating to be usable.

Howso? I haven't touched the CortexShock files in a while, so unless that was significantly overhauled then the current-version files should be fine? :???:

Explain how they are broken/unusable, please.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 am
Profile YIM

Missing levels 6-15, references to undead.rte, can't open the PDA for some reason(not sure why), overlapping names for some character in every chapter(mainly things like "Black Templar Marine" being used for every Black Templar Marine even though they have different character names and I think this may break things since other mods I've seen don't do this).

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:22 pm

YX33A wrote:
Missing levels 6-15, references to undead.rte, can't open the PDA for some reason(not sure why), overlapping names for some character in every chapter(mainly things like "Black Templar Marine" being used for every Black Templar Marine even though they have different character names and I think this may break things since other mods I've seen don't do this).

Last I heard it only went 1-5 for levels, downloads in this post or this post might help with the references to Undead.rte.

Honestly, though, CortexShock is an unfinished product that hasn't been actively developed, to my knowledge, in around a year and a half. I can't really justify spending time to update the files if it's not being actively developed or regularly played. :???:

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Totally agree with Arcalane. Cortex Shock is dead for now, and it won't be updated for B30 anyway. Unless I decide to resurrect it today there's clearly no point in wasting time providing support for it.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 pm

The Workshop version is now up to over 1,000 subscriptions. I'm slightly stunned.

R20.6 is also about to roll out over there. Given the ease of maintaining/updating the workshop compared to this thread, there might be some version lag.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Compilation [R20.8a Out!]
Current workshop version is now R20.8a. The most recent update includes a pretty significant under-the-hood tweak, incorporating AIFireVel and AILifeTime values for the dummy Rounds used by all laser beam weapons used by the AI, to hopefully improve their target acquisition.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can do any testing on the AI and how they handle the changes. My own prelims look okay (the Tarantula multilasers seem a lot more aggressive about target acquisition in particular), but I don't have a whole lot of time to poke at it.

Changelogs can be seen here.

Ed: I'm also testing significant improvements to turret survivability. All of the turret weapons had their materials set as the easily-chunked Military Stuff material - it's been updated to the far more resilient custom Ultraceramite, which is a tougher version of the material used for Marine armour. Ultraceramite is also the standard material for all Tarantula components (previously they were just normal Ceramite), and the wounds have been adjusted so that they lose HP less quickly.

Tarantula sentry guns are a pretty serious investment, and I hope they are now well worth the price tag.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:50 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone: R20/Steam: R20.8a]
To me the bolter seems kinda OP, Explosive bolts one shot anything that is not a dummy mech, and even then just 3 kraken bolts do it.

Sat May 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Something that would be nice, if its not too hard to add would be giving the offhand weapon its own fire key? Would make uses bolt pistol/chain sword much easier to use.

Sun May 04, 2014 6:58 pm

blackopsman9999 wrote:
To me the bolter seems kinda OP, Explosive bolts one shot anything that is not a dummy mech, and even then just 3 kraken bolts do it.

Yet the gun itself costs as much as three or more soldiers from any vanilla faction. Nevermind the cost of the guy wielding it.

Weapon power isn't changing, at least not significantly. It's been reviewed several times over the lifespan of the mod, and if anything, has only gotten weaker since the initial releases.

Again, the Space Marines (and their weapons) are meant to be somewhat overpowered. If you are fighting against them, expect to suffer heavy casualties unless you fight smart (and/or dirty, sniping is a good bet here). If you are fighting as them, expect to rack up one hell of a bodycount.

It would not be true to the spirit of 40K otherwise.

--------------------------------------------------

Zacho5 wrote:
Something that would be nice, if its not too hard to add would be giving the offhand weapon its own fire key? Would make uses bolt pistol/chain sword much easier to use.

That very definitely falls under the header of 'too hard to add', especially because it would be a logistical nightmare for splitscreen and/or gamepads - which people do use. The existing alternate modes are awkward enough to use, but CC has no built-in 'secondary fire' or universal 'special function' keys/bindings.

Sun May 04, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile YIM

Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
I cannot guarantee this will work for the non-Steam version, but with a new build being teased regularly (implying a new release may be coming reasonably soon) and for those who are running CC on Steam but are unwilling to deal with Steam's mod/workshop system for whatever reason, I've uploaded standalones of the latest mod version;

Box.net - Mediafire

Again, it is extremely unlikely this will work on the latest non-Steam releases. The main R20 release that should be compatible remains in the first post for obvious reasons.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:16 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
Ogryns, SoBs, Land speeders/valkryes are a MUST, please for the love of all that is holy, please add them

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Post Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
Sure, I'll just magically pull sprites out of my ass. :roll:

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:28 pm
Profile YIM

Re: W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b]
Hello Arcalane,

I would like to thank you and every other contributor for this wonderful mod
and i would like to see more additions to it!

I have a problem with the campaign crashing a lot when W40k is included (whether buying single actors or using the whole faction) would you happen to know of a way i can overcome this problem? or at least minimize it?

Thank you very much for your work!

UEemperor.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next