View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
 W40K.rte: Imperium of Man [Standalone/Steam: R20.8b] 

Post Re: Warhammer 40,000: Imperium of Man Compilation [R19 Out!]
THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

And do you think you can add a customizable preset for the next release so we can do custom loadouts?

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:44 pm

...customizable preset?

What? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Wouldn't you need to edit the Loadouts files anyway? To the point that it would be trivial to make your own?

Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:57 pm
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Off-Topic: Have you been playing Gunpoint lately, by any chance

Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:18 pm
Profile YIM

Lol sorry, I found the loadouts.

Um so do I get rid of the // here to enable the loadouts in the Factions notepad?

Code:
IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Black Templars.ini
//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Loadouts/Black Templar Loadouts.ini

//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Blood Angels.ini
//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Loadouts/Blood Angel Loadouts.ini

//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Dark Angels.ini
//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Loadouts/Dark Angel Loadouts.ini

IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Space Wolves.ini
//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Loadouts/Space Wolf Loadouts.ini

IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Ultra Marines.ini
//IncludeFile = W40K.rte/Factions/Loadouts/Ultramarine Loadouts.ini

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:16 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

More or less, as long as they are compatible.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:20 am

Ok because I did get rid of the // and when I buy them, they don't come with anything

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:22 am

Make sure to enable only one of them at a time. If you enable more than one then ♥♥♥♥ will break.

Also they're only really good for basic metagame use. Not sure if they're compatible with any other mode at all.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:24 am
Profile YIM

Do you mean that it only works in metagame?

EDIT: Just tested it and it doesn't work in meta or skirmish

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:26 am

They should work... I've tested them before and everything.

:???:

Not very thoroughly, mind you.

Ed: I'm a little stumped trying to find a good sound for the Multilaser turret. Does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions of where to look?

I've also been distracted by Warframe Update 10, but I just rigged up the ODS as a bunker object. Now you can place a couple for base/bunker design. Was a nice little experiment at least.

Ed2: Sound crisis averted. I think I have a suitable set of sound effects for the time being.

The lascannon turret also has unique firing sounds now.

Ed3: Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter Tarantula is in. This thing is a monster. I'm doing what I can to mitigate terrain damage.

Slap it in a bunker with a view of a nice flat field and it'll grind up infantry like there's no tomorrow. Just... don't ask it to aim too far up or down.

4 down, 3 to go.

Ed4: Almost all variants are done now, just need to do some final tweaking and polishing. The Widow turrets will be getting a bit of a review/rebalance as well.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 am
Profile YIM

Still waiting on sprites from Major before finishing up turret work. I ought to get to tuning but I've been playing Warframe and getting back into XCOM what with Enemy Within coming soon.

On the bright side, I had a flash of inspiration for shotgun tuning a few days ago. The shot shells are now a lot less dangerous over longer ranges, though they still retain their actor-pulverizing firepower at close range. If you want to kill dudes that are further away, use slugs or frag rounds. Clearing a bunker? Swap back to shot and let the carnage commence.

The Autoshotgun Shotshells have such absurd damage because they use an offshoot of the bolter logic to spawn additional damaging particles on impact, which was always intended; I hate underwhelming shotguns. Unfortunately, this also made them really good because they only have vertical spread due to CC being 2D, not vertical and horizontal. In R20, the number of particles spawned is dependent on how long the projectile has been 'alive' for - the longer it's been alive, the less particles it spawns on impact.

This also modifies the behaviour of the Light Shotgun. That should get a little more punchy close-up, but similarly lose power over range.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 pm
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So pretty much the particle cloud doesn't exist until the spread particle gets close to a valid target?
Also, do the bolters use accelerating round [considering they are micro-rockets]? I forgot.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 am

I'm... not quite sure what you're asking on the first one, but yes, bolter rounds accelerate in-flight. The exact accel rate depends on the projectiles - I think the larger Heavy rounds accelerate slightly faster than Pistol/Bolter/Storm rounds, though Stalker rounds accelerate the fastest.

Visually, and for the most part codewise, the shotgun blast behaviour is unchanged. Think of it like range brackets. Anything within <x> to <y> takes <a> damage, anything beyond that but within <y> to <z> takes <b> damage, and anything beyond <z> takes <c> damage.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:11 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I was thinking:
    shootgun shoots a particle, \b\
    when \b\ gets close to a target, \b\ becomes a number, \n\, of pellets, \p\
    \n\ is inversely proportional to the life time of \b\

Generally, the spread is abstracted until it is necessary for something to be hit.
It removes the ability to destroy terrain with it, but you have slug, and frag shot for that.
In the edge-case that there are multiple targets nearby each other, it may be tempting to spawn a multiplied amount of pellets, but that may result in pretty massive overkill.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am

That's... reasonably accurate, but not quite. It's like this;

shotgun shoots a spray of particles, \b\ (four each of three different particles, makes a nicer-looking spray, but they're identical for the purposes of this example)
    when each \b\ hits a surface or target, it spawns aemitter \e1\, \e2\, or \e3\, each of which emits 1, 2, or 3 particles \x\, \y\, or \z\ respectively
    aemitter is chosen based off lifetime of \b\, with \e3\ + \z\ being most lethal/closest range, and \e1\ + \x\ being least lethal/longest range

This means that at very close range the shotgun can inflict a good thirty to forty entrywounds, and this is generally enough simultaneous damage to instant kill just about any actor. Even if it doesn't they're probably about dead anyway, and will either be easily finished by a bayonet thrust, bleed damage, or a second overkill blast that will probably reduce them to chunks.

At further ranges, the potential drops to the mid twenties, and then down to the mid-to-low teens at long range.

The light shotgun only shoots a spray of ten particles to the auto's twelve. Of course, it's also significantly cheaper, lighter, and faster to reload.

In any case, shot shells are only really good at clearing foliage, as the projectiles can often bounce off concrete. When it comes to splattering multiple enemies... well, it's fully automatic with high-capacity drum mags, and you get a good 200RPM using shot shells.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next