View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Vanilla Vanish (B26_v100) 

Vanilla Vanish (B26_v100)

Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to be a mod that depreciates the work of the dev team.
I could have dumped this in the mini mod thread, but it won't get noticed there and I think a lot of people might appreciate this. :)

What this mod contains:
- An index.ini file for each vanilla faction that basically removes their stuff from the buy menu but does NOT remove them from the game, meaning that activities, missions and the like will keep working.

Why would people download this:
- I can imagine people having a favourite faction and ever hardly touching stuff from other factions. This allows you to have, for example, only coalition stuff in your buy menu, making the menu nice 'n short.
- Perhaps people only use a custom faction. They can use this to remove all vanilla content (I left the diggers and Midas dropship/rockets in) so that they'll only see the custom faction's stuff.

How to use:
- Just overwrite the faction's index file with one from the .rar file.

How to uninstall:
- You can either backup the original index.ini or open up my index.inis to remove the lines I added.
(Comment within. Even a headless can do it. :) )

Download:
Attachment:
Vanilla_Vanish.rar [11.3 KiB]
Downloaded 466 times
(scrdest's lazy people version, just run Disabler.bat)
Download:
Attachment:
VanillaVanish_B26_v100.rar [3.4 KiB]
Downloaded 561 times
(manual copying needed)

Hopefully future builds will allow easy customization of the buy list. :)

Last edited by Gotcha! on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Post Re: Vanilla Vanish (B26_v100)
First! Good idea, worked wonderfully in UniTec - actually, I don't think it can be hard to port the code from UniTec's selector to Vanilla one, in fact, I may even try to do it if you want.

Edit: Ah, so it simply sets buyables to 0 in an index it substitutes, I feared it may be more complex.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Yup, it would be easy to make a .bat file, but doing it this way saves me time. :twisted:
If you want to do it, feel free, otherwise I might create one later. :)

Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Aaand update! Unofficial, but still - with Gotcha!'s blessing. Added customizer, though I'm lazy, therefore if you want to disable more than one faction, you have to rerun it several times. Since I use Visible Inventory, it is compatible with it. Just place the folder and the .bat in your installation folder and run the .bat. I included an alternative choice.exe (not a Microsoft one) that should work on all systems, it is clean.

Attachments:
File comment: So, here it is:
Vanilla Vanish.rar [11.3 KiB]
Downloaded 353 times
Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:35 pm

While we're at it, I can also merge it or make it compatible with UniTec's one. Also, forgot to mention that you can reset the indices back to original ones using this bat. If you are using modded index.ini in Base.rte, keep in mind that if it is not changed by Visible Inventory only, your settings will be overwritten. If it will be necessary, you can put your index.ini in Vanilla Vanish/Resets as base.ini, that will make it revert to your current version.

Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks. I've added it to the OP. And, no need for unitec to be included. :)
I think it's a temporary thing anyway, since the devs are probably thinking their brains out how to sort the buy menu in future builds. 8)

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 pm

This is awesome
Ive tried to do this before, and couldn't do it.... Can we base other mods off of this so vanilla content is removed in that way?

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't exactly know what you mean, but feel free to use this in any way you want. :)

Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:09 am

I'm happy that you enjoy it :) . Porting it to other mods is quite simple, unless you change base.rte, since then you have to essentialy copy the option picker sequence.

Quick tutorial on how it all works so you can port it yourselves. The VI stands for Visible Inventory, AFAIK the only mod that modifies base.rte's index.ini without modifying the files:

Template for mod adding
(MODNAME must be added under NOVI, MODNAMEVI under VI) :

DONE! Enjoy!

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]